• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watch Vegas SL games online: See Yi suck Live!

gsuteke

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

Yi's got potential to punk ALL FIVE teams that passed on him.

That's how much of a freak he is from an athleticism stand point.

But he's got A LONG LONG way to go defensively

That's not something he's going to get in just a year. It may be 3-4 years before he's a solid defender

We can't wait that long

You wait that long for a player with Yi's LEGIT superstar potential. Once he's there you have TEN more years of him at a superstar level. Horford will never get there and everybody SHOULD know that.

Quote:

Al Horford is ready to contribute defensively from DAY ONE

So was SW.

Quote:

He isn't going to be setting illegal screens and getting cheap fouls because his basketball IQ is 100 times that of Yi right now

That isn't Basketball IQ! That's jitters (a country on his back) and adjusting to a foreign style of play. Get real. He's still a monster despite having the biggest adjustment of ANY player in the draft.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Yi's got potential to punk ALL FIVE teams that passed on him.

That's how much of a freak he is from an athleticism stand point.

But he's got A LONG LONG way to go defensively

That's not something he's going to get in just a year. It may be 3-4 years before he's a solid defender

We can't wait that long

You wait that long for a player with Yi's LEGIT superstar potential. Once he's there you have TEN more years of him at a superstar level. Horford will never get there and everybody SHOULD know that.

Quote:

Al Horford is ready to contribute defensively from DAY ONE

So was SW.

Quote:

He isn't going to be setting illegal screens and getting cheap fouls because his basketball IQ is 100 times that of Yi right now

That isn't Basketball IQ! That's jitters (a country on his back) and adjusting to a foreign style of play. Get real. He's still a monster despite having the biggest adjustment of ANY player in the draft.

W

You don't know what Horford will be, so just stop. These Shelden comparisons are getting really old.

Quote:

Um no you don't! By then we could be contending for titles already. If we had to wait that long you think the core of this team would re-sign?

We have to win this year just so they don't potentially break up that core.

Quote:

So was SW.

Maybe in the NBDL. Shelden doesn't have the length or athleticism to be anything more than a role player in this league.

Quote:

W

You have to be kidding me

#1 He doesn't have NEARLY as much pressure as Yao Ming who really did carry a whole country on his back. Because if Yao would have failed no one would have even taken a chance on Yi or any other Chinese player ever again because Yao DOMINATED over there.

And using that as a excuse for things that are obviously just problems because of poor basketball IQ?

COme on now. That's weak

Yi had the same problems overseas

Quote:

Yi is also the type of player, one with a culture and country on his shoulders, who will work harder than anybody to be great. This guy is going to punk us just like every other draft pick BK passed on. W
My God, Wally, stop talking out your ass.How in the world do you have any idea about Yi's work ethic? Oh, that's right, you don't. You have absolutely no facts to support any kind of critique of Yi's desire to work hard.You sound so idiotic when you cream your shorts making up talking points for your Flavor of the Year, soon-to-be busts like Sene and Yi.

you must not have been watching the game, he's not a monster.and BK labeled SW nba-ready. Every scout in the league would label Al Horford nba-ready. SW was about the tenth ranked prospect in a lesser draft, Horford was the third ranked prospect in the deepest draft in 5 years.How SW has fared in the NBA is completely independent of how Horford will fare in the NBA.

busboy you crack me up buddy. you seem to think these summer league games are something more than a glorified pick up game. the reality is the summer leagues are usually dominated by players that can create their own shot.. i.e guards and swingmen. dude if great summer league performances tranlated into dynamic play in the regular season then louis williams would have been an all star last year and not playing in the nbdl. also, oden is not an overrated on the ball defender instead he has a penchant for letting smaller players (which is just about everyone) get their arms under his and this usually results in fouls. once he fixes that he has all the tools to be one of the all time greats. don't get me wrong i really like horford's game and i think he'll end up being pretty damn good. all i'm saying is you might need to have have a laundry lists of excuses handy when horford isn't putting up 30/10 during the rocky mountain revue.

Quote:

you must not have been watching the game, he's not a monster.and BK labeled SW nba-ready. Every scout in the league would label Al Horford nba-ready. SW was about the tenth ranked prospect in a lesser draft, Horford was the third ranked prospect in the deepest draft in 5 years.How SW has fared in the NBA is completely independent of how Horford will fare in the NBA.
These things don't register Just like Saer Sene over the guy who he's now defending

Quote:

busboy you crack me up buddy. you seem to think these summer league games are something more than a glorified pick up game. the reality is the summer leagues are usually dominated by players that can create their own shot.. i.e guards and swingmen. dude if great summer league performances tranlated into dynamic play in the regular season then louis williams would have been an all star last year and not playing in the nbdl. also, oden is not an overrated on the ball defender instead he has a penchant for letting smaller players (which is just about everyone) get their arms under his and this usually results in fouls. once he fixes that he has all the tools to be one of the all time greats. don't get me wrong i really like horford's game and i think he'll end up being pretty damn good. all i'm saying is you might need to have have a laundry lists of excuses handy when horford isn't putting up 30/10 during the rocky mountain revue.
I don't have a problem with having a bad stat line.But when you can't play defense it shows.Oden can play a little D.Yi can play ZERO D right nowAnd that is evident in this game and even in the guy's own highlight reel

Quote:

Quote:

I don't have a problem with having a bad stat line.But when you can't play defense it shows.Oden can play a little D.Yi can play ZERO D right nowAnd that is evident in this game and even in the guy's own highlight reel
is this same yi you were saying the hawks should pick just a few weeks ago? i still think yi has the potential to develop into an offensive juggernaut. he really looked like an extremely tall 3 tonight. not quick enough to guard gay, not strong enough to guard most power forwards. if he lands on the right team, they will learn to mask his defensive limitations.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

is this same yi you were saying the hawks should pick just a few weeks ago? i still think yi has the potential to develop into an offensive juggernaut. he really looked like an extremely tall 3 tonight. not quick enough to guard gay, not strong enough to guard most power forwards. if he lands on the right team, they will learn to mask his defensive limitations.
Aldridge is playing like a girl in the paint right now (3rd quarter)