• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it....

Diesel

• Premium Member

JT has a contract coming.

We are in need of good PGing Skills.

The question today is would you do it. The it is trade JT in a SNT for a decent SG and a High lottery pick....

What I have in mind is this.

JT/our first to the third team in the lottery for their SG/1st.

One for instance is with Memphis. IF they lucked out and got the 3rd pick in the draft, I would trade:

JT/1st to Memphis for Persons/their first... TJ Ford.

My feeling is that Ford may be the second coming of Jason Kidd but faster. I realize that he may experience some growing pains along the way. However, we have enough clout with this team to get a BU PG Like Kenny Anderson.

That would be a good team.

Ford/Anderson/Dickau

Persons/Glover (I'd resign him)

Grob/DJ/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I left DJ in because I'm just not sure. However, I think we have all positions filled. Persons becomes that gunner. Ford the distributor that runs the offense.

Right now, Miami is slated for #3. I would even consider a trade to get us Jones/#3... However, not Reef. Maybe Theo or Hendu.

Believe me. Anthony will come out.

It could be argued that should Cuse fall in the finals Anthony would want to come back for redemption. But I think no matter what happens, Anthony will be the #3 pick in the draft.

Boeheim has already stated that there's nothing more that Anthony can learn at the college level.

Anthony will weigh his options, and once he realizes he's guaranteed a spot in the top 3, the decision will be an easy one.

What is the difference in pay between the first pick and the third pick in the draft? I bet its pretty substantial. If he waits another year he is almost guaranteed to be the top pick plus he can go for a second consecutive championship with a super sopohomore team. Unless Carmelo ends up as a Hawk I hope that he stays in.

He gets in now, and he's guaranteed a big contract relatively speaking for at least 3 years. And, I'm not entirely sold that whoever gets the #2 pick won't take Anthony. I think as of right now, he goes ahead of Milicic.

He also runs the risk of scouts over analyzing and finding holes in his game.

Neither Ford nor Bosh are leaning towards coming out. Ford has stated several times that he will return. Bosh is thinking it through right now. Neither are the caliber of Carmelo Anthony though.

Ford is good, but 5-9 point guards don't get taken before 6-8 skillful scorers like Anthony.

I think is a definite top 3 lock, and a possible top 2 lock at this time. The guy is Glenn Robinson with handles.

Bosh is still quite a ways from being ready to contribute in the pros on any level...much like most of the Nugs roster right now. Needs more experience and weight on him to play down low in the pros...

GRob with Handles? Are you joking? He in no way has the shot of GRob, but has very solid athleticism and a decent shot etc...He won the McDonald's HS Game slam dunk contest last year...I severly doubt if GRob ever come close to such a distinction, on any level. Maybe he won his own HS slam dunk contest, but that'd be about it.