• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RMR Game 1 Vs. Jazz Listen to Hawks soar live!

gsuteke

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Milsap didn't dominate like Chamberlain...but when he was in there he was a force. Our guys did OK though...wish they had held him out on that last play though.

Sounds like Solo still needs work.

P.S - Law 3-13 according to the announcers

Yeah when I said I wouldn't be surprised if Milsap got the better of Horford, people thought I was just trying to make excuses for the guy.

But the bottomline is that Milsap is a beast as a physical specimen. Horford may have a mature physique but he's still got some room to grow. He needs about 15 pounds of muscle before he's truly a beast at the NBA level. And that could easily be accomplished in less than 2 years with those broad shoulders of his and with how easy it is to improve your strength in the pros.

Horford will be a stud in the NBA before he's even Shelden's age.

SL is just a couple steps up from street ball. Wild. Not a lot of discipline, defense. Hopefully Law will let his game come to him. For all the talk of how bad SheldEn was, his numbers were OK. As a tandem they did great (Horf)

Would've liked to see Solomon do more.

Apparently Horford really didn't guard Millsap all that much. Also, Law didn't play quite as bad as his stats suggest. My friend at the RMR said that he played fairly steady, his shot wasn't falling, but he looks like he knows how to play. Played smart, ran the team fairly well.

Also, apparently BK said after the game that Law is still trying to get comfortable and struggled a bit with knowing when to look for his own shot and when to pass, but overall he was very happy with how Law played, said that Law would be fine. I remain skeptical, but I guess we'll see.

Also, BK is apparently extremely excited about the way Horford played and about Horford in general; he said that Horford was going to get comfortable in the NBA pretty quick and will be a great player, said that Horford was amazing tonight.

Anyway, my friend thinks Horford looked incredibly smooth, that he looked pretty big out there and that he can definitely play center effectively against most guys in the NBA. He said the pass to Shelden from the highpost at the end of the game was a thing of beauty - overall he's just very high on Horford right now. He said that even when his initial move in the post (mostly spin moves right now) didn't work, he was still able to elevate and shoot over his defender, unlike Shelden.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Sounds like it was a fairly entertaining game.

Take from a Jazz fan at Jazzfanz.com:

++++++++++++++++++

"Jazz won 64-63 on a Paul Millsap putback with 2 seconds left.

Millsap played well, as we all knew he would...(talk about their other players)...

Horford and Shelden Williams played well for the Hawks".

++++++++++++++++++

Obviously Horford played well for us...interesting that the poster also was impressed with Shelden. Maybe he looked better than he sounded on the radio.

Quote:

I agree. You should do something productive. Usually SL is just a bunch of wing players trying to make a team by throwing up shots so big men don't get low post looks. Sounds like we are making a real effort to feed it to Horford.

Btw we need an official short nickname for him. I guess I can roll with Al?

How about "HoFo"

guitarist.gif

Sounds great.

Horford played exactly as advertised. Shocking, I know! Would have liked to see him dominate the boards a little more, but overall that's a very impressive debut. I'm very happy. drink.gif

I like that Law was looking to set his teammates up. It sounds like he might have had to force a few shots up to beat the buzzer? Anyway, I'm not concerned about his shooting. Every shooter has games where his shot doesn't fall, even in SL. It'll come to him.

Quote:

Sounds great.

Horford played exactly as advertised. Shocking, I know! Would have liked to see him dominate the boards a little more, but overall that's a very impressive debut. I'm very happy.
drink.gif

I like that Law was looking to set his teammates up. It sounds like he might have had to force a few shots up to beat the buzzer? Anyway, I'm not concerned about his shooting. Every shooter has games where his shot doesn't fall, even in SL. It'll come to him.

Great way to look at it. I don't put a whole lot of stock in SL, but this was nice to see compared to the past years.

Well it is only a first game, but for those of us who wanted to see Acie come out of the box firing on all cylinders it didn't satisfy. I remember an airball from 12 feet and a miss at the rim...another airball and a 3-13 night. My real concern (as I mentioned earlier) were the open court steals/strips.

I hope he is quick enough to play PG in the NBA. Too early to tell but I don't think it is realistic to pencil him inas our starting PG for awhile until we see if he can handle the faster guys. Speed kills as we all know (or at least quickness with the ball).

We will see...this was only the first game.

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Quote:

Give me a break man. Durant and Oden didnt have great opening games and you think thats gonna dictate what kind of career they are gonna have?

Oden and Durant are dripping with NBA talent. They were the 1 and 2 pick in the NBA after their freshman seasons. Law wasn't even considered a first-rounder until about halfway through his senior season. Really there is absolutely no comparison there at all.

He was considered the top PG prospect the entire season after his breakout junior year. Not bashing Conley, but he became the top PG prospect only after a good tournament. Look it up.

www.draftexpress.com