• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ZaZa

djcorley

I really think Zaza has a chance to show some improvement in his game this coming year. He began to hit the midrange jumper towards the end of last year pretty consistently. If he can do that he will force opposing centers to come out and guard him and should get assists off of passing to slashers through the lane.

With our increased depth at the bigs - maybe he will play tougher D inside. nol2.gif

Quote:

I really think Zaza has a chance to show some improvement in his game this coming year. He began to hit the midrange jumper towards the end of last year pretty consistently. If he can do that he will force opposing centers to come out and guard him and should get assists off of passing to slashers through the lane.

With our increased depth at the bigs - maybe he will play tougher D inside.
nol2.gif

If Zaza would simply learn what he can and cannot due, and stop all the crazy offensive attempts that he physically can't do....then he would show progress. He simply tries to do to much. In Zaza's defense I think we were asking him to do more offensvly then what he is capable of. Zaza must settle into a role. We no longer need him to attempt to be a 3rd scoring option. He should a hustle, effort player period.

I hope with depth we now have he will play more agressively on defense and less agressivly on offense. Seems possible his slack defense could be due to avoiding foul trouble with the thin bench we had the last 2 years.

I think shopping Zaza is a good thing.

It hurts the team, having a starting center who can't defend

or defensive rebound.

I'm rooting for Shelden to win the starting Center spot in training camp.That way, we wont give up so many 2nd chance points, and we would have a center who would try to stop somebody sometimes.

Bill Ingram has a radio show in Dallas and primarily covers the Mavs, Rockets and Spurs. Sounds to me like HE thinks the Hawks might be interested in dealing Zaza for Alston simply because he thinks Zaza would be a good fit as Yao's backup.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade Zaza for ANYBODY on the Rockets other than Yao or T Mac and I don't think Billy would either. Battier is the only other player who I think has similar value and we damn sure don't need another forward.