• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Call me crazy, but...

Watchman

Quote:

I think I'd like to see S. Williams and Horford split the time at center, and let Pachulia back up Smith at PF. Anyone agree?

It has been stated several times thatr Zaza is better suited as a PF. His mid-range jumper and ability to drive towards the rim are evidence. Combining Shelden with JSmith as well as Horford and Zaza gives balance in two units.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think I'd like to see S. Williams and Horford split the time at center, and let Pachulia back up Smith at PF. Anyone agree?

Actually I think that Smith should split time with Solomon Jones at power forward. Let Horford & Shelden man the center spot and give Zaza spot minutes between the two. That way we'll have a shot blocker and a tough man up defender/rebouder in the game at all times! So play Smoove with Horford and Shelden with Solo.

We have played this game alot but I like it so I'll play again.

48 minutes at PF + 48 minutes at center = 96 minutes

PF: Smith 30 min / Horford 18

C: ZaZa 19 min / Sheldon 19 min / Horford 10

Then give Smoove a 5 min run at SF per game so he gets his 35 mpg.

It is up to the players to perform in real game situation to EARN more playing time. Some one's minutes will go up at the expense of some one else. Who that will be is pure speculation at this point.

I don't see Solo seeing the floor unless there is foul trouble or injuries.

Quote:

It has been stated several times thatr Zaza is better suited as a PF. His mid-range jumper and ability to drive towards the rim are evidence.

Zaza with a jumper? No. He shot 34% on jumpers last season. Just because he takes a bunch of them doesn't mean he has a jumper.

Call me crazy but ZaZa should start over Sheldon and Horford.I looked back at as many game clips as I could from last season and think some of you expect to much from Sheldon.If u look at last year he was just as soft playing interior defense as ZaZa.Plus ZaZa is a better low post scorer.Most of the teams he performed well against at the end of the year were not playoff teams and you could make a case they were fighting for ping pong balls.If Sheldon can't block shots then he is a bust in my opinion.He rebounded well in Utah but where were the blocked shots?There was a reason his playing time got cut last season.He played with no passion or energy!!!

• Premium Member

In all honesty, he doesn't have to block 1 shot to be a good defender. I would rather that he bodied up and kept his man from getting an overwhelming position.. than he blocked shots.

If you want a guy who will block shots but allow his man to get position, we have Smoove for that..

That doesn't work.

Good defense is stopping your opponent from making easy shots.

That actually is a good point Diesel!But I have a problem with our 6'9 sf/pf leading the team in block shots every year!There has to be someone else who can at least play help defense other than smoove.Sheldon did not body up anybody last season though.If he can't do what u described in your post then he will ride the pine gauranteed!Sheldon would have been a very good player in the 80's.Today with Dwight Howard,Amare,Oden and Kevin Garnett he can only be average at best!Of those players I listed which one can Sheldon guard or outrebound? confused.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

That actually is a good point Diesel!But I have a problem with our 6'9 sf/pf leading the team in block shots every year!There has to be someone else who can at least play help defense other than smoove.Sheldon did not body up anybody last season though.If he can't do what u described in your post then he will ride the pine gauranteed!Sheldon would have been a very good player in the 80's.Today with Dwight Howard,Amare,Oden and Kevin Garnett he can only be average at best!Of those players I listed which one can Sheldon guard or outrebound?
confused.gif

Howard, Oden, and Amare are all playing center and Garnett is playing PF. I somehow doubt that Shelden could have hung with Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing and Karl Malone in the 80s either.

Quote:

I'll let you take care of the numbers because thats not my thing.How many blocks will he average since you are Mr Stats next season.Playing the center position it needs to be at least 1 unlike last season!

Zaza didn't even average a block last season playing center...

Zaza is good backup but is not starter material.

Zaza didn't even average a block last season playing center...

Zaza is good backup but is not starter material.

Yeah but if all is equal as far as defense is concerned ZaZa is the better low post scorer.Sheldon was brought in to be tough in the paint and if he can't then he is a wasted pick!ZaZa may be a back up but not on the Hawks he isn't.And please before you talk about the last month of the season the teams in which he had big games against were just as bad or worse than the Hawks last season.If the Hawks want to find a replacement for ZaZa they will have to trade for one.