• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA 2K8 Animated Gifs - HAWKS!! Court and Unis!

BossTweed

I hope it is okay to post this link here, I figured a lot of people might be interested.

I stole these from this thread, but I think you have to register to see them, so I'm posting a few here. They have Acie and Al Horford also, but the gif size is too big for the image hosting I use. Horford's jump shot looks really accurate.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulleti...263&page=15

1448423931d4f4a59e60oyc4.gif

14492750549f9ce4fa0aofz2.gif

Quote:

Those must be from one of the next gen consuls: PS3 or X360. Do you know which one?

I believe it is the XBOX 360. Apparently some copies have slipped out early. They are already in stores, but the employees have been told not to sell them. I wish they would sell them today, why wait all weekend with them just sitting in the back!

I think they got the individual shot mechanics pretty good. The way Josh and Joe's feet land is exactly like real life from what I can remember.

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't even have Law on the Hawks roster!?!?!?

Haven't rented 2k8 yet but NBA Live was disappoiting after seeing these movies of 2k8.

The dunk competition is pretty neat for Live (actually simulate the dunks on the Wii (windmill, tomahawk, etc.). Also, do a good job of keeping up with stats per human player (mii) for bragging rights at the end of the game.

Wonder if the Wii graphics are anywhere close to XBOX's/PS3's.

Quote:

it's the wii, what do you expect. horrible online features, crappy graphics, but hey, the controllers are different!

yes, I own a wii.. and the shine wore off months ago. The 360 crushes it in every way.

Hmm, that's a little overwrought. I like both systems for different things. Photorealism, sports games, cutting edge stuff, RPGs: xbox360/ps3/ps2/pick-a-console... they're all pretty much the same, just with different amounts of processing power.

The Wii is very unique for certain kinds of gameplay that other systems can't provide (Warioware, Zelda, Under the Knife, Cooking Mama, even Mario Party and Harry Potter.) And I'll take the crappy rez problems of Resident Evil 4 with the perfect Wii controls anyday.

I do wish that the Wii graphics were prettier (and most of the games seem to suffer from being Gamecube titles that were ported at the last second.) And you're right that the online features leave a lot to be desired (though I do love the silliness of the Mii channel and the Everybody Votes channel.)

But to say that it's 'crushed in every way' only makes sense if you're counting pixels. As someone who has logged roughly 150 hours on Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii) in the last 2 months, good graphics don't always equal fun.

• Admin

I was the biggest Wii appologist on the planet, but the shine wore off for me (and my 5 or so friends with Wii's). Wiisports is STILL the best game available for the console that actually delivers on the promise of what the Wii was supposed to be. "interaction beyond traditional consoles", that was the promise and Wiisports is the only new game so far that really delivers on that. Most everything else are DS games for the Wii, GC ports with hacked on controls or games in which the controllers really don't add anything better than a gamepad. I didn't get it just for some fun games, I got it because it was supposed to be more than that. Heck, now they're even putting out games that are, by all accounts, better when played with GC controllers (smash bros.).

It's not that I dislike the console, it's just become a disappointment to me. I know what's possible with the controllers. Wiisports built expectations in me and nothing else has yet to match it. I'll be getting Mario Galaxy, but that will likely be it in the near term for me.

"Most everything else are DS games for the Wii, GC ports with hacked on controls or games in which the controllers really don't add anything better than a gamepad."

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I think that we haven't seen many games designed specifically FOR the Wii, yet. Warioware uses the controller in a very unique way, if you haven't played that.

• Moderators

Quote:

I think that we haven't seen many games designed specifically FOR the Wii, yet.

Why haven't they lined up someone to do this by now? Hasn't this system been in the works for like 3 years at this point?

Quote:

Quote:

I think that we haven't seen many games designed specifically FOR the Wii, yet.

Why haven't they lined up someone to do this by now? Hasn't this system been in the works for like 3 years at this point?

Not sure. I know a lot of developers still want to make money off multiple consoles.