• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcon's blackout Sunday

DrReality

This could be the biggest drop in NFL history from an exciting team to one that no one wants to watch. I think it is totally unbelievable that Blank and the players somehow did not buy these tickets to have the game on TV. It will take them years to recover from this marketing nightmare. Like the AJC said: Falcons not worth watching.

It is pretty sad weekend for football in the state.

UGA is not on TV

Tech has no game Saturday (not that there worth watching either)

Falcons are blacked out.

I just hope the league gives Atlanta's area population another game to watch. Why punish an entire 100 mile radias around Atlanta for not wnating to pay $60 to watch a lousy team play against another lousy team?

Never understood it. The league makes more on games being televised then selling a few more tickets. WHATEVER !

I see there are still those out there who want to paint everyone who had any doubt whatsoever that Vick was the best option at qb with a broad brush. As if anyone who doubted Vick really would have planned things to go this way. The reason things are this bad is a direct result of Vick being given the benefit of the doubt for too long. To say the current state of the Falcons is what Vick "haters" get for not supporting him is completely and utterly ignorant.

Quote:

I see there are still those out there who want to paint everyone who had any doubt whatsoever that Vick was the best option at qb with a broad brush. As if anyone who doubted Vick really would have planned things to go this way. The reason things are this bad is a direct result of Vick being given the benefit of the doubt for too long. To say the current state of the Falcons is what Vick "haters" get for not supporting him is completely and utterly ignorant.

He's got you, Atlas. That dog don't hunt. I don't mind, though. I've seen enough of Bobby Petrino.

Quote:

As if anyone who doubted Vick really would have planned things to go this way.

No they wouldn't have, because they were completely against Vick. This is what happened without him. I'm guessing you still think the Falcons have good enough players for the playoffs?

You see, "completely" against Vick. It's all black and white to you. Having any issue w/ your boy Vick means being "completely" against him. Let's set the record straight. When I was one of the people who merely SUGGESTED the idea of Schaub getting more of a look at qb, many jumped my case and called me anything but a child of God. I never said Vick should be benched nor did too many people who had concerns with him. They were simply pointing out deficiencies in his game and if it was time to start thinking of a new direction.

"This is what happened without him." Wrong pal. The "this" that is the Falcons now is what happened BECAUSE of Vick. You seem to forget that we went into this offseason preparing with Vick as Petrino's number 1 guy at qb. Vick is the reason the Falcons suck this season, even though he hasn't played a snap. He betrayed the franchise and left us w/ what we have. All things considered, I don't believe anyone realistically expected us to be much better than we are right now....again thanks to your precious Michael Vick. Oh and to remind you as well, we hadn't been to the playoffs in quite a while w/ a healthy Vick leading(and I use that term loosely) this team.

Your guess would be wrong that I think we have enough talent to go to the playoffs. Once again, you're trying to ASSume what people are thinking when they criticize Vick. Try being objective and you'll see the errors in your thinking.

Quote:

You seem to forget that we went into this offseason preparing with Vick as Petrino's number 1 guy at qb. Vick is the reason the Falcons suck this season, even though he hasn't played a snap.

Exactly, 100% agreed. This is what would've happened had Vick been traded/cut/benched, proving how important he was to our success.

Quote:

He betrayed the franchise and left us w/ what we have.

Exactly, revealing our lack of talent and how astounding it is that he even kept us around .500 the last 2 seasons, and even more surprising that he took us to the NFCCG in 04.

Quote:

Oh and to remind you as well, we hadn't been to the playoffs in quite a while w/ a healthy Vick leading(and I use that term loosely) this team.

What does that matter? He was able to keep one of the least talented, banged up and injured teams at a .500 record the past 2 seasons, and took them to the NFCCG in 04, although our defense was better in 04.

Atlas, it's obvious there is no objective reasoning w/ you. You won't step off your high horse and admit that Vick hurt this franchise by basically being an immature punk thug idiot and put this organization in the extremely difficult position it is in today. You won't admit it will take a while for management to rebuild this team the way Petrino wants it to be built. Keep worshipping the ground Vick walks on and blaming everyone else but the guilty man himself for the current state of affairs. Do you associate w/ the likes of Vick? Is that why you won't call him out for hurting this franchise? Do you admire Vick? Is he your role model?

Quote:

Atlas, it's obvious there is no objective reasoning w/ you. You won't step off your high horse and admit that Vick hurt this franchise by basically being an immature punk thug idiot and put this organization in the extremely difficult position it is in today. You won't admit it will take a while for management to rebuild this team the way Petrino wants it to be built. Keep worshipping the ground Vick walks on and blaming everyone else but the guilty man himself for the current state of affairs. Do you associate w/ the likes of Vick? Is that why you won't call him out for hurting this franchise? Do you admire Vick? Is he your role model?

Dude, I'm not talking about dogfighting Vick, he deserves everything he had coming to him. I'm not defending that at all.

My point is addressing all the Vick haters (BEFORE the dogfighting allegations) that wanted him gone even before the current state of affairs. Yes, he definitely gave us some bad publicity, and ruined his own life by being a complete idiot. My point is that Vick was the main reason we have even been semi competitive in the last few seasons.

Quote:

I see there are still those out there who want to paint everyone who had any doubt whatsoever that Vick was the best option at qb with a broad brush. As if anyone who doubted Vick really would have planned things to go this way.
The reason things are this bad is a direct result of Vick being given the benefit of the doubt for too long.
To say the current state of the Falcons is what Vick "haters" get for not supporting him is completely and utterly ignorant.

The reason things are this bad is because the team has been poorly constructed. Wasted trades, bad picks, etc... is the reason for this team being this bad. M. Vick covered up some of the shortcomings of this team, but some of us saw them anyway. As I have stated for many years, the qb position was the least of this teams worries, but many people took that as support for Mike Vick. I was saying the same thing when Chris Chandler and others were starting.

It is rare for a team to have any success when they have drafted as poorly as the Falcons over the years. Not to mention the free agent busts. For every Rod Coleman, there is a Jason Webster or Ed Hartwell. Nothing against Ovie, but what was the point in signing the leagues highest paid fullback, if most of his impact is on special teams. Different Owner, New Mgmt, but the same ole Falcons.

Quote:

Quote:

Dude, I'm not talking about dogfighting Vick, he deserves everything he had coming to him. I'm not defending that at all.

My point is addressing all the Vick haters (BEFORE the dogfighting allegations) that wanted him gone even before the current state of affairs. Yes, he definitely gave us some bad publicity, and ruined his own life by being a complete idiot. My point is that Vick was the main reason we have even been semi competitive in the last few seasons.

And you're still wrong. Vick had hit his NFL ceiling. If we had not had him, our drafting would have been different. We could have also been more competitive in the FA market without Vick's hefty salary, don't you think?

The difference between the 3rd or 4th worst team and the 3rd or 4th best team can be razor thin at the NFL level. Detroit doesn't suck this year, Chicago does. That's the way it is. Vick was Mr. Inconsistent. That's why I had tired of him. I want a more complete leader. If you wanted to see him run and stuff, you really don't know a whole lot about football. The NFL is a copycat league and people figure out one trick ponies real quick. It wasn't all his fault. Had Dan Reeves been kept he would have been much better the last few years, imo. But he's not two different people. The same brain that did the whole dogfighting thing is the same brain that failed to hold onto the football and understand game management. That's not a brain I want pulling the strings for the team, you dig?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And you're still wrong. Vick had hit his NFL ceiling. If we had not had him, our drafting would have been different. We could have also been more competitive in the FA market without Vick's hefty salary, don't you think?

How's the drafting be any different? McKay will still draft defensive players and they will still take o-line off the streets or in the 5-7th round. And I don't know about being more competitive in the FA market since pretty much every year Arthur Blank gave someone a hefty contract.

Quote:

We could have also been more competitive in the FA market without Vick's hefty salary, don't you think?

We added and signed players every offseason, I really don't think that was a problem. Vick was definitely overpaid, but it didn't seem to affect us so much.

Quote:

If you wanted to see him run and stuff, you really don't know a whole lot about football.

When you run for over 1000 yards at over 7 yards per carry, you aren't hurting the team by running, period. Especially given our HORRIBLE pass blocking Oline.

Quote:

The NFL is a copycat league and people figure out one trick ponies real quick.

So how did he have his best rushing season in his 5th year as a starter?

Quote:

Had Dan Reeves been kept he would have been much better the last few years, imo.

Yeah, I agree with that completely. I think he could've been borderline great had Reeves stayed. Mora came and implemented an offense that completely contradicted Vick's (and our receivers) playing style. It's no coincidence that he had his best passing season, and was a top 15 PASSING QB in his first year as a starter, IMO.

Quote:

This could be the biggest drop in NFL history from an exciting team to one that no one wants to watch. I think it is totally unbelievable that Blank and the players somehow did not buy these tickets to have the game on TV. It will take them years to recover from this marketing nightmare. Like the AJC said: Falcons not worth watching.

It's also the biggest fall from grace of a modern day athlete

What did we have this year? 3 Nationally Televised games?

2nd year in a row we've had 3 nationally televised games at home.

No telling how long it could be before we ever get coverage like that