• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone catch the 'Hawks Live' post game show?

yardbird

i'm glad they even have a post game tv show, sportscenter only showed three highlights: smith to horford dunk, terry behind the back to dirk dunk, and johnson's game winner. until we get a game on national, hawks live is going to be our best shot at getting post game coverage.

jerome does need to work on his stuff though. and we need to bring back long.

You're right, it does beat nothing, which is what we're used to. Long was good, but would likely bump Nique to do color instead of Jerome. I'd even take Stinger vs. Jerome last night. But I've been patient with the Hawks since the Rider disaster, I guess I'll give Jerome awhile to grow into it.

Quote:

You're right, it does beat nothing, which is what we're used to. Long was good, but would likely bump Nique to do color instead of Jerome. I'd even take Stinger vs. Jerome last night. But I've been patient with the Hawks since the Rider disaster, I guess I'll give Jerome awhile to grow into it.

Wow...you were here during the Rider disaster? You should post more yb. Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

I actually thought Jerome was okay despite being kinda emotionless but Nique has got some work to do. You could tell he's just nervous and really didn't have anything of substance to add. Now Steve Smith has really impressed me as an announcer. I could see him progressing in this field to TNT or ESPN if he really wanted to.

Quote:

I actually thought Jerome was okay despite being kinda emotionless but Nique has got some work to do. You could tell he's just nervous and really didn't have anything of substance to add. Now Steve Smith has really impressed me as an announcer. I could see him progressing in this field to TNT or ESPN if he really wanted to.

Sadly...for SS...talent doesn't matter that much in the current NBA announcing booth.

YB, I agree that Jerrome is not very good at the post-game hosting. I thought his work on the Braves post-game was weak with the Hawks it was even worse.

Steve Smith is a very good commentator. Rathbun I could really do without.

A guy I wouldn't mind seeing is Jeff Holinger. In the early 90s he was great on channel 5 and on 96 Rock. Last I heard, Jeff was out of regular work but was still living in Atlanta.

Quote:

Steve Smith is a very good commentator. Rathbun I could really do without.

Did y'all hear when they introduced Bob and Smitty, and they said Bob had won an Emmy? I was like WTF I didn't know that, but I do like Bob though, he's enthusiasm is entertaining sometimes.

Quote:

Yeah, Bob is very good at what he does and he actually seems to care about the game. He's done a pretty good job for a guy that covers a variety of sports.

When I went to the Timberwolves Hawks preseason game, I actually talked to Rathbun for a few minutes. I asked if the Hawks arent on TV and what he's doing there, he said "I never miss a game"