• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is our court ugly or what?

TroyMcClure

What's the deal with the old Hawk in the middle? I think they made the ball grey but left everything else. The mustard outside of the court is absolutely disgusting. The three colors are not in harmony. Blue, the old red hawk, and effing mustard on the outside. It looks much worse than before, imo. The outside of the court needs to be blue. Just another example of how cheap and clueless the upper management is. Ugliest court in the NBA, bar none.

This post is strictly about the court, guys. The team looked super.

I agree about the old hawk with two wings spread. It looks dated and lame. Unfortunately, I've seen Woody in practice sweats this year with the same old logo, so I don't think it's totally retired yet.

They should burn all remnants of the rebuilding hawks and take the new, aggressive logo into the much brighter future.

Old logo?

It's the new logo, i.e. with blue instead black. Our primary logo is the same as before but in blue, and we have a new secondary.

jerseypr_062107_1.jpg

I think the court looks good. I wanted blue around the court too, but I like the darker stain on the wood around the outside. Much better than I expected.

Not sure how painting / staining the court one way vs. another would be a cheaper move. They bought a brand new court (i.e. new wood) and could have had it painted / stained any way they want.

For reference

fullj.getty-76075418jm007_mavs_hawks.jpg

I am not a fan of the outside of the court. I think it would have looked a lot better had it been the new blue or even white. There probably is a rule against it but I would also much rather see our alternate logo in center court as well. I do LOVE the new uniforms though!

• Premium Member

Teams can do pretty much what they want for the center court. The Nuggets have these two chisels that, as far as I know, is not their primary or secondary logo. The Celtics, I think, have this commemorative "50 years" logo. If the Hawks had wanted, they could have kept the Hawks primary logo but used the secondary for the center court... I don't mind either way, I think both logos are fine. I agree that the out of bounds area is pretty ugly though.

in reguards to the middle. i think that the NBA mandates that the middle of the court has to have the primary logo of a team in the middle. i can't think of any team that doesn't have it. also the team would have had to pay 500,000 to 750,000 dollars to switch the team logo. so they just went cheap and switched up the colors.

Quote:

The nuggets don't have it -

From the Uni Watch article on ESPN.com:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2030/176912...f786e3660_o.jpg

Yeah I guess not then. I don't know how well our new logo would fit given its shape though, unless you made it huge like the kansas bird.

Maybe the dark-stained trim doesn't show well on TV. I think it looks good live.

Quote:

I like the new court...the brown is trendy, like a "loft" basketball court. Now if they'd play more deep house at halftime it would be perfect.

And keep doing "true hardwood story" episodes. I don't know if anyone brought it up but they did one about Mark Cuban and what a nerd and attention whore he is. It was hilarious. He took it well eventually.