• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe won't veto Atlanta trade - When?

jerrywest

• Premium Member

I will say this, without wins trades are inevitable. When I say wins, I'm talking about in the ticket office, playoffs, and among TV stations.

If we were to trade for Kobe and let's say we gave up JJ, Marvin, and Acie... (just for grins).. Somehow we kept Smoove and Horf and they threw in Farmer...

DO you know how sky high our squad would be...

Immediately, we'd get about 13 national games...

Immediately, we'd become the most interesting team in the East.

Everytime we played Cleveland would be an NBC moment.

That's not to say that I want Kobe because Kobe has his problems and I think we can do better... BUT I don't think BK is against trading for a superstar!

to me, he is one of the best offensive player ever. defensively, he could be. i love to have him but, he plays the same position as our best player play. and like you guys said it already. he's going to cost a lot in terms of money and players so a lot of players and money for just an upgrade? i say no. love having a super superstar idea but no.

Quote:

A Kobe for JJ and Wright works money wise in the tade machine. Kobe won't reject the deal because we didn't give up all of our young talent. Deal

lakers wouldnt be up for it.

if it only took JJ + change, im all for it. But i have a feeling that LAKERS want at the very least JJ + MARVIN/SMOOVE/HORFORD.

Quote:

I've watched BK build this team from the ground up.

I'll be damned if we bring Kobe in and screw that all up.

We would have to give up way too much. We have the best young core in the NBA. Why in the world would we mess with that?

agree 100%...if we were just going to get some star and be mediocre playoff contenders, we could have done that long ago...we built from the ground up and we have to see it through....make the playoffs (or near it), and then see what parts we need to tweak.

I know you put that "just for grins", but that trade wouldn't ever happen, as they already have Crit as a PG project. They don't want Acie. Now, a JJ, Marvin, Sheldon, Lue and Wright for Kobe and Kwame might make more sense. The Hawks would have Al, JSmoove, Chills, Kobe and Acie, with Zaza, Salim and AJ to back them up. Not a lot of depth, but that's what you lose to get a superstar. Lakers would then have Bynum/Mihm, Odom/Turiaf/Sheldon, Marvin/Walton, JJ/Vujacic, and Fisher/Farmar/Crit. The Lakers would be a hell of a deep team, and still very young.

But it won't happen.

How about no! Depth is what wins ball games and we are finally getting that. Chillz is probably the best 6th man (depending on if Ginobili starts). Just look at the energy he brings off the bench. I don't understand why people want to trade Chill. Yes he is a bench player but he gets starter minutes and never quits. You have to love a guy like this.