• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could the BULLDOGS GET IN THE TITLE GAME?

NJHAWK

I thought that MIzzu would lose but West Virginia? lol I just hope a SEC team gets in the title game because its by far the best conferance. If Kansas gets in vs Ohio St its really not that much differant than if W.V. played Mizzu, the best teams wouldnt be in the best game, the title wouldnt be a title.

• Premium Member

The truth is that the SEC is stronger than the rest of the conferences. There are stronger teams that play stronger schedules in the SEC. The strength of schedule for the big 12 and the Big 10 are manufactured. It's hard to point to anybody that Ohio State has played out of conference that's worth one damn! The same is true of Kansas. You don't get to the National Championship game by beating C. Michigan.

I think what will happen is LSU will leapfrog UGA. I won't say it's a bad call because they have had a harder schedule and their two losses were double and triple overtime losses to good teams. UGA loss to S. Carolina and Tennessee. Two teams that LSU handled. Plus, LSU manhandled my Boys (Va Tech).

I'm guessing the bowl lineup will be:

LSU vs. OSU.

UGA vs VT

USC vs. Mizz

WVU vs. KU.

The team that really gets screwed in this is Hawaii..

But I say Hawaii ought to schedule some SEC teams next year....

They will probably play Oklahoma or somebody.

Quote:

...The team that really gets screwed in this is Hawaii..

Why would the Warriors even bother? They know they don't have the juice to get to the Nat.Champ. game. Heck...why bother...live in HI and enjoy.

BCS = Big Cash Setup.

Quote:

I'm guessing the bowl lineup will be:

LSU vs. OSU.

UGA vs VT

USC vs. Mizz

WVU vs. KU.

The team that really gets screwed in this is Hawaii..

UGA won't match up against VaTech. The SEC has a tie-in with the Sugar Bowl, and whichever team doesn't go to the NC (LSU/UGA) will be the replacement. If LSU goes to the NC, we're going to the Sugar Bowl instead, where we will match up with... Hawaii.

Quote:

Quote:

Why would the Warriors even bother? They know they don't have the juice to get to the Nat.Champ. game. Heck...why bother...live in HI and enjoy.

BCS = Big Cash Setup.

Do you think that it's just Hawaii that is keeping SEC games off their schedule? It takes two to tango, and I bet the situation is similar to what GSU had a few years back in hoops. Ga Tech would never schedule them because they had nothing to gain by a win, but a loss would be devastating.

Again, they certainly may have enough juice to get to a national championship game, but since no such game exists, we'll never know.

Hawaii is playing Florida next year, actually.

Outside of a few Pac-10 teams, nobody is going to give Hawaii a home game. Travel nightmares from the East Coast and all that. Hawaii isn't on that level where they can get home-and-home series, so unless they want to travel East for a guarantee game, nothing will happen.

Coaches' Poll, which comprises 1/3 of the BCS is already out. LSU jumped to #2, Oklahoma to #3, UGA at #4. UGA didn't have much of a shot.

• Premium Member

LSU vs. OSU

UGA vs. Va TECH.

Oklahoma vs. USC...

Kansas vs. Hawaii.

If the bowls line up that way, it could possible Make Hawaii the NC. Because they will probably dominate an unworthy Kansas team. VaTech has been to the Sugar Bowl before. Meeting Ga there will be a big cash cow!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BCS = Big Cash Setup.

Do you think that it's just Hawaii that is keeping SEC games off their schedule? It takes two to tango, and I bet the situation is similar to what GSU had a few years back in hoops. Ga Tech would never schedule them because they had nothing to gain by a win, but a loss would be devastating.

Again, they certainly may have enough juice to get to a national championship game, but since no such game exists, we'll never know.

To Hawaii's credit, they had a home and home with Alabama the last few years. winning both if I remember correctly. Hawaii has a number of things going against itself. The cost of travel and hotel price/availability are two primary ones.

Portland State, where June's good buddy Jerry Glanville is Head Coach is experiencing the things you are talking about. He says Oregon and Oregon St won't touch him.

I wish the Falcons would!

[quote To Hawaii's credit, they had a home and home with Alabama the last few years. winning both if I remember correctly.

Actually, they played in 2003 when Bama was denied a bowl by the NCAA. Bama lost that one. They played again last year with Bama winning.

Georgia doesn't deserve to go because they didn't even win their half of a conference while LSU won the title of said strongest conference in the country. I think they voters have learned their lesson from a few years back when they allowed Oklahoma to go.

• Moderators

This is the year people with crap schedules got rewarded for it.

Ohio State - played almost no one and gets into the title game by default. Best win: Unranked Michigan.

Kansas - this one is laughable. Got smashed by Mizzou. Schedule is weaker than all but like 10 teams in Division 1. Someone they get in the BCS over Mizzou which only lost to top 5 team, Oklahoma. Best win: Unranked Kansas State.

Hawaii - Played virtually no one but didn't lose. Into the BCS by default. Best win: #24 Boise.

Fluff just got trendy. Watch schedules next year when teams run from credible matchups based on this rewarding of weak scheduling.

Anyone NOT want a playoff at this point?

This probably only matters to about six people in the country, but Troy getting snubbed shows what's wrong with the entire bowl system.

Troy went 8-4. They beat Oklahoma State. Three of their losses were to Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas. They lost to Florida Atlantic on Saturday, which cost them the auto bid to the New Orleans Bowl.

Seven 6-6 teams made bowls. Even a 6-6 team from the WAC (Nevada) got a bowl. Troy got nothing.

If I was them, I'd go schedule a bunch of cupcakes for next year. Hell, give them Ohio State's OOC schedule from this year and they might have gone 11-1.

Too bad Troy already has LSU, Ohio State, and and Oklahoma State on their schedule for next year...