• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GAME

NJHAWK

Yeah boy what a game it was. I was sitting in the front row by the foul line across from the Hawks bench with my son and oldest daughter. I gotta give props to Smoove tonight for the great game and that spin move dunk. Maybe there is some hope he will play team ball yet. Marv played well and JJ was a little better than last game and did his thing with the assist. Thank God Acie Law is back and props to Woody for letting him play the whole 4th quarter even though his shooting was a little rusty. Last but not least HUGE HUGE props to Al Horford for the game but more importantly for signing my 7 year old sons jersey in before warmups. We didn t even ask him to do it. He saw my son had his jersey on and came over and said it was the 1st time he seen his jersey on the road. He gave my son a high five and signed the jersey. Thanks Al you have made a fans for life.

By all accounts Al Horford is a first class individual and he is going to be a very good player for a long time. He is just feeling his way like all rookies but he will get much better as the season progresses and he is already solid. We finally got one right.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then right BK?

Man thats great to hear. As a kid living in New Orleans, I was a Celtics fan. Though at the time I mostly follow Bird's career, I still had a deep appreciation for Dominique especially after that playoff series when the Hawks almost won. Then one day a neighbor of mine got me a Dominique autographed ball and I became a Hawks fan since. Luck has it that my family moved to Atlanta in '86 and no matter where I live I'll always be a Hawks fan.

It was the row 1 of seats. There was a row of chairs on the court in front of us for the big timers. Believe it or not the tickest were only 22 dollars a piece on stub hub about 2 hrs before the game. There isnt a whole lot of fan interest in the Sixers anymore.Good Tickets arent that hard to come by when teams like us come to town. However I think that will start to change cause the Hawks are on the RISE!!!!

Quote:

Love his maturity. I think Smoove could learn a few things from him and Law. Their approach to the game is more team oriented than his.

I think college might had some effect on how Law and Horford carry themselves on and off the court. Its different for Smoove since he took a very big jump from HS to the pros. Had he gone to college I think he would've picked up some valuable life skills that might've impact his maturity. Still at almost 22 he's come a long way from his rookie season. I think Dominique has a lot to do with it. I think he's help Smoove in his maturation process, career and even keeping him in check.

Quote:

Last but not least HUGE HUGE props to Al Horford for the game but more importantly for signing my 7 year old sons jersey in before warmups. We didn t even ask him to do it. He saw my son had his jersey on and came over and said it was the 1st time he seen his jersey on the road. He gave my son a high five and signed the jersey. Thanks Al you have made a fans for life.

That`s an awesome story. Im either getting a Marvin or Horford jersey for Christmas, and Horford`s making his case more and more every game.

I was there too, straight across the court from you NJHAWK--16 rows behind our bench. StubHub DOES have some good deals. (Feeling like a kid) I got down close to the players before and after the game, and ALL of our players were generous to the (mostly Sixers) fans.

I had a good feeling about this game when I got there and saw Acie dressed to play.

img0055us4.jpg

Then after a brief locker room retreat we came out with our game faces on.

img0067at9.jpg

I jumped outta my seat when Smoove threw down off the opening tip alley-oop. superman.gif Sixers fans were not amused with my one-man Chris Farley-esque outburst.

Horford showed zero signs of being a rookie. It seems like our guards confide in his ability and were always looking to feed his hungry, beastly frame.

Chillz did a solid job on Iggy. I cannot stress enough the non-statistical impact Smoove had on this game--His mere presence was in the mind of EVERY Sixer out there, every time they drove the lane. JJ passed up some easy buckets in the paint. confused.gif AJ looked like he never shot a jumper before.

Acie doesn't have his legs but I was pleased with his court awareness (i.e. spotting gaps in the defense, reading double-teams and mismatches). When he gets his game-legs back his ability to penetrate and finish/pass will be a HUGE asset, unique to our team. Good win--our first win in Philly in a while.

Some odd questions for those who regularly attend games:

*Does BK travel to each game? (He sat 4 rows in front of me.)

*Does Salim give away his sneakers-autographed after every game?

*Does Smitty regularly lecture Smoove during warm-ups?

*Does Bender always disregard the huddle and blatently stare at the dance team during timeouts?