• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sothron, Any interest from the Hawks in Jack?

DawsonsCreek

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The nonstop trashing of Sothron is nothing but childishness. Information doesn't always pan out. I've posted stuff that came from good sources that didn't pan out. His sources are reputable, but nobody gets it right every time. I was told not long ago that Josh Smith's contract extension was all but done and then posted it here. Two days later we get an article saying that negotions were falling apart. Damn that source, internet glory was almost mine!

While all the kiddies were busy chasing him around the playground trying to wipe boogers on him, nobody seemed to mention Sekou's blog a few weeks back where he mentioned the team "playing like it wanted to get its coach fired". Woodson was even asked about it outright. Yah it could just be a coincidence, Sekou could have just noticed something...or maybe he overheard or was told something too..

So, nobody gets it right every time huh? Well, how about getting it right just once?

I think it's humorous that people who prefer to remove BS on this board are called childish while someone who reports "inside" info, and never gets it right, is the one who finds support.

If people here are that desperate for dialogue I will be happy to post BS so that we can all have something to discuss. Just say the word and you'll get a sh!tload full of some juicy rumors and all sorts of good "inside" stuff.

You are quoting Terrance Moore? He also stated in the article that the players were definitely NOT trying to get their coach fired. A concept that probably got started right here, as usual.

Careers would be over if word ever got out that players were doing that, the whole scenario is one of the dumbest I have ever heard of. I have been around a lot of NBA players, and know for a fact that this is just horse ****.

• Moderators

Quote:

You are quoting Terrance Moore? He also stated in the article that the players were definitely NOT trying to get their coach fired. A concept that probably got started right here, as usual.

Careers would be over if word ever got out that players were doing that, the whole scenario is one of the dumbest I have ever heard of. I have been around a lot of NBA players, and know for a fact that this is just horse ****.

Plenty of NBA players have tanked for a variety of reasons without ending their careers. See Vince Carter, for example.

I am not saying that anyone in Atlanta was doing that, just that the idea isn't as far fetched as you are making it out to be.

Yea there is wonderful Vince. But, his value did slide. If I remember, Toronto did not get near equal value for him. A lot of GMs would not touch him.

Do you realy think that JS looking for the max., and JC looking for a new contract would risk their reputation on something like that? Or is it that diabolical Joe Johnson leading the baby birds astray?

I don't have to make it to be anything, it is what it is.

I went from taking what Sothron says with a grain of salt, to really not caring or believing anything he posts anymore, after that tanking story. The whole timing of that post was almost too calculated. Then we come back and win that game.

As I said before, I think "inside" info like that is reckless to even talk about, if it can't be proven. And when he said that his source sometimes wants him to post misinformation, it make me think of something terrible.

If he does really have a source, what if his source is loyal to Belkin, and not the majority AS owners? The tank story . . not hiring Adleman . . and Smoove for Biendrins, all are stories that would put this team and/or ownership in a much worse light than what it is right now.

What better way to rile up the fan base even more, than to put out that players were thinking about losing on purpose to get the coach fired? Is that "misinformation" being put out, just to see how the media and fan base would react to something like that? Was it put out to possibly create even more internal tension in the organization?

If people want to believe the guy, then that's on them. I won't go out my way and personally attack the guy though.

As for bballprincess . . I'm amazed that people didn't figure out who she was. She was definitely legit. I mean, how many women would have close access to the players like that? She dang near tells the board who she is, just off of the personal stories she told. People act like print media is the only place a "journalist" works.

LOL . . I still got her PM she sent me, when I told her that she's one or two people. JB was a lot closer than he thinks. That's one of the people I had her narrowed down to. But I believe she was the other one.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The nonstop trashing of Sothron is nothing but childishness. Information doesn't always pan out. I've posted stuff that came from good sources that didn't pan out. His sources are reputable, but nobody gets it right every time. I was told not long ago that Josh Smith's contract extension was all but done and then posted it here. Two days later we get an article saying that negotions were falling apart. Damn that source, internet glory was almost mine!

While all the kiddies were busy chasing him around the playground trying to wipe boogers on him, nobody seemed to mention Sekou's blog a few weeks back where he mentioned the team "playing like it wanted to get its coach fired". Woodson was even asked about it outright. Yah it could just be a coincidence, Sekou could have just noticed something...or maybe he overheard or was told something too..

There are too may kids on this site. It is getting ridiculous with everyone trying to one up each other. It they are not kids they are acting like kids!

At first, I was thinking like JB, and thought it was Rashan Ali, mainly because of the Harrington radio interview on V-103. I had it narrowed down to her, and the only other woman that I think would have access to the Hawks like that. She was . . .

- a former college basketball player

- someone that Hawks fan saw all the time, and Grizzlies fans saw on special occasions

- someone who's initals are the same as one of our players

If you know exactly who she is, and we're thinking of the same person, then there's no doubt who I'm talking about. I think it's her, and not Rashan.

Quote:

At first, I was thinking like JB, and thought it was Rashan Ali, mainly because of the Harrington radio interview on V-103. I had it narrowed down to her, and the only other woman that I think would have access to the Hawks like that. She was . . .

- a former college basketball player

- someone that Hawks fan saw all the time, and Grizzlies fans saw on special occasions

- someone who's initals are the same as one of our players

If you know exactly who she is, and we're thinking of the same person, then there's no doubt who I'm talking about. I think it's her, and not Rashan.

Sandy?

Quote:

nope, it's nobody you've ever seen on TV or radio in this city unless she was sitting in the crowd when the camera panned by.

That's interesting then. From that PM I sent her, she led me to believe that she was definitely in TV or some form of entertainment relating to TV, and was looking to advance her career in that field. She pretty much said I was dead on. Who is she then?

Quote:

I think Sothron may have decided to stop posting here due to the bashing he regularly takes.

I just wanted to post a quote from you that I thought of.

Quote:

Despite what some people may think I actually have being right when it comes to an Atlanta team or its coaches/general managers. But Knight has been a total failure as a general manager.

Up next? The disaster of the Bobby Petrino era that's coming for the Falcons.

Bravo!

Again, I've always respected your opinion and still do.

To anyone that reads this: Don't start anymore threads asking Sothron questions.