• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salute to Zo

LongTimeHawksFan

It was a great win last night and even though Miami is our rival it was still sad to see Alonzo go down like that. They said that will most likely be the last game of his career. He is definately a warrior and i'm sure he will make it into the hall of fame. Things are really looking bad for miami now. I don't think Mark Blount can carry the load.

• Premium Member

It's kinda like when I went to see the Falcons vs. the 49ers... and it was OJ's last game. He was just standing there on the sideline and they wouldn't put him in! Somebody said that he was hurt and I said... Darn, that's a terrible way to end your career.

I feel the same here.

Zo is a warrior, and brings the type of toughness that good teams need. He is a pretty classy guy off the court as well.

Hall of Fame though? No, not a chance. If he didnt have the kidney trouble he would have been a likely choice. But he had his prime cut down and then became a role player the last few years.

He has no shot at Springfield although that doesnt take away that he was once a very good NBA player.

Quote:

He has no shot at Springfield although that doesnt take away that he was once a very good NBA player.

Nice opinion but your pretending like your opinion is an actual fact.

The Hall of Fame incorprates both college and professional achievements. Also don't forget that half the game is defense and rebounding and that might be enough to get Dennis Rodman in.

Props to Alonzo "The Ultimate Warrior" for a great career !

As a Georgetown fan, I can say that watching Zo's career with the Hoyas was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life as a basketball fan.

His freshmen year was sickening. Despite living in NY, it seemed like every G'town game was televised, and I got to watch Zo dominate on defense in a way that I've never seen before or since on a basketball court.

It was impossible not to respect Zo's game. He was as competitive and hard-nosed a player as you could find, but he also was a clean player and earned the respect of all his opponents.

Thanks, Zo.

P.S. He's a lock for the Basketball (not NBA) Hall of Fame.

If Zo had not had the kidney problems he would be a first ballot guy. I agree that he is not in the NBA wing but his body of work overall would include him in the general HOF.

He brought his lunchpail every game. I'm not really sure why the kidney transplant prevented him from getting back to his previous level. Although, that's probably a lot more traumatic on the body than I can fathom.

Quote:

How did I know I would see the word "warrior"? Even on PTI, I knew it was coming and they said it no less than 4 times.

Because that's what Zo was.

Too often the word is thrown around as they said on PTI.

But when you talk about what this guy had to do to fight through those circumstances in those career, he truly is a warrior.

Gotta love the Zo flex.

And Im glad he got a ring

Quote:

If Zo had not had the kidney problems he would be a first ballot guy. I agree that he is not in the NBA wing but his body of work overall would include him in the general HOF.

He brought his lunchpail every game. I'm not really sure why the kidney transplant prevented him from getting back to his previous level. Although, that's probably a lot more traumatic on the body than I can fathom.

Zo was an 8-time all-star. 1st team all-NBA one year. His teams almost always won and made noise in the playoffs. The centers he played against, Olajuwon, Ewing, Shaq, and Robinson are all going to the Basketball HOF. If there were a separate NBA HOF, I don't see how you could keep him out. He's arguably better than Ewing.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Zo was an 8-time all-star. 1st team all-NBA one year. His teams almost always won and made noise in the playoffs. The centers he played against, Olajuwon, Ewing, Shaq, and Robinson are all going to the Basketball HOF. If there were a separate NBA HOF, I don't see how you could keep him out. He's arguably better than Ewing.

I don't think he is a lock at all. Check out this comparison:

Artis Gilmore, C

11 All-Star appearances in ABA & NBA

1 ABA MVP

Career #s:

18.8 ppg - 24,941 points

12.3 rpg - 16,330 rebounds

2.4 bpg - 3,179 blocks

Alonzo Mourning, C

7 All-Star appearances

0 MVPs

Career #s:

17.1 ppg - 14,311 points

8.5 rpg - 7,137 rebounds

2.8 bpg - 2,356 blocks

Mourning was very admirable and is someone you would absolutely want on your team but Gilmore isn't in the HOF and how does Mourning get in over him?