• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Think This Was 1 Of Our Best Wins Of The Season

Traceman

The reason I feel this way is because it was a TEAM win. Our starters have played so well (and so many minutes due to injury) during the winning streak that I was concerned regarding what would happen when they didn't play well. Tonight, I think our bench stepped up big time and answered that question in a HUGE way. Smoove was in foul trouble for most of the game and Marvin's shot was a little off but Shelden, Chillz, Acie and Zaza (in the 2nd half at least) gave us quality minutes and kept us in the game until the big boys could come back late and close it out.

If we can get the quality of bench play we got tonight on a consistent basis, I think we are going to be a pretty good team all season.

Quote:

I will say one thing - our interior players better start challenging inside more or Smoove will be off the bandwagon and I don't blame him a bit. If Zaza is gonna play crap defense then sit him.

Smoove will be off the bandwagon?

What does that even mean?

Are you implying Josh Smith will want out of this team because of the effort of Zaza?

If so that doesn't even warrant comment

Quote:

I will say one thing - our interior players better start challenging inside more or Smoove will be off the bandwagon and I don't blame him a bit. If Zaza is gonna play crap defense then sit him.

Totally agree. Zaza really, really needs to have his minutes decreased. He is so turnover-prone and directly led to several scoring drives late in the 4th quarter for Indy. Zaza just simply cant play good defense. It is what it is. Give Shelden his minutes and only bring Zaza in for VERY brief stretches when (assuming everyone is healthy and not in foul trouble):

You need to score a few points (since he is a betetr threat than Shelden)

You need a big to rack up a few fouls (Like Lorenzen Wright and Shelden did against Shaq)

Or when it is a blowout.

If it does not fall into one of those three categories, dont play him.

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove will be off the bandwagon?

What does that even mean?

Are you implying Josh Smith will want out of this team because of the effort of Zaza?

If so that doesn't even warrant comment

What it means is Zaza better get his arse in gear and play defense or trade his arse for extra game balls - we don't need a 6'11" 275 lb guy who can't play D. This is the NBA girls and boyz. I don't mind a big white stiff as long as he knows what he is and has guts (see Priz and Foster). sick.gif

I agree that was a very nice win. Once Acie gets comfortable in the offense, those runs that the Pacers went on will start to diminish.

Speaking of the offense, it looks like Woodson has finally opened things up more. I saw a lot of double screens last night and not just for JJ. Marvin had several plays run for him in the first half. That kid is excellent at getting his guy knocked away in that screening game. I whish they would run more plays for Marvin AND I whish Marvin would take the opportunity to drive a little more when he gets the ball up high. When he's driving the whole offense looks much better.

So, that win, IMO, goes to 1) the Johnson and Johnson backcourt, 2) Woodson for actually managing the rotations correctly and allowing more plays to be run, 3) Horford's high energy play and solid interior defense. bannana_guitar.gif

THE SHOW BACK ON: Tyronn Lue is back in uniform after missing 11 straight games with a strained left calf. Lue was the last player the Hawks needed back from injury to be at full strength, or close to it. Speedy Claxton (knee) is done for the season, leaving 14 players to choose from for the Hawks' 12-man active roster on any given night.

Hope he doesn't do his ballhog thing and disrupt our chemestry and play we've got going.

For me the problem isn't with Lue and Salim. The problem is that they are the same player in terms of height, defense and offense. They are short shooting guards. One of them on the team is fine, two is one too many.

We need a shooter with some length off the bench. Childress is a nice player that does A LOT for the team, but he isn't a shooter.

• Admin

I agree and to be honest, I never once felt like we weren't in control of the outcome. The game had its ups and downs but the feeling from the crowd just wasn't one of those "oh here we go again" games. I felt we knew we had it and the crowd knew we had it.

Also I have to give props to JJ for bringing us out to the game last night and spending some time with us afterwards. It was a blast. I'll put up a few pics later on.

ok here's a pic of myself, JJ and a buddy that went with me.

joe.jpg

Efficient scoring is very important, but we still need a shooter to open up the court so that guys like Childress, Horford, and Smith can get easier shots when JJ is getting some rest. Second, another shooter would allow JJ to get more rest during the games. The minutes he's playing right now are too high.

Again, we just need one more guy to make the roster really work. A guy like Kareem Rush would be a good fit.