• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well, there goes the Falcons' chances for McFadden

bumpyphish1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Yeah, I have been watching Ryan too. He's very mature.

Between Him, Brohm and Woodson, either would be a nice choice for QB...

However, I think we might do something crazy.

I remember a few years ago, everybody thought that the Texans were crazy to take Williams. Well... Didn't turn out bad. I think depending on who calls the shots, we may take a shot at somebody like Gholston or Long And hopefully try to trade up for another pick... If not...

My guys are Joe Falco or Dennis Dixon.

Another guy you can't ignore is a 2nd round pick up of Erik Ainge...

Imagine:

Gholston at DE..

Ainge for QB!

The third, fourth, and fifth round must be dedicated to getting OL...

If it's possible to get Chris Williams anywhere outside of the 2nd round, you got to do it!

• Premium Member

If Hall could get us a first.

I'd definitely take Gholston..

I might even go after Woodson. I like that kid. I would also look at Ainge. I don't care what you say... Ainge is plenty tough and I think he has it. He's not the most successful QB, but he has it.

However, the Falcons need some offensive line too!

I, at first, was kinda disappointed that we ended up dropping out of McFadden's range with the win. However, that will allow us to focus more on a great O Lineman like Long/Clady or a D Lineman. I have been reading the Falcons' boards (after all, I am a member there with the same name), and Capologist said that is is still possible that we end up with the #4 or #5 pick if teams like the Jets, Ravens, etc continue to win. It's not so much WHO we pick in the draft with our top picks, but HOW successful our scouts and other player personnel do in finding the right players for our needs.

Quote:

who is gholston? pardon my ignorance.

Junior DE for Ohio state.

Not sure that DE's the way to go when we've got Abraham and so much invested in Anderson, who showed some flashes at times. I like hoarding pass rushers as much as the next guy, but we've got too many holes across the board. We need solid o-line selections, a 2nd or 3rd round quarterback to sit and develop, plus help in just about every defensive group, especially secondary. That's the product of investing so many high draft picks in receivers the past few years. Wow we need a GM soon ...

Quote:

I watched the Boston College game yesterday, and Matt Ryan isn't bad either.

Ryan is the most overrated quarterback in all of college football right now. Go check the stats, he isn't even the best QB in the ACC. That distinction goes to Cullen Harper who beats Ryan in every major statistic except Yards and TDs (by 1 before the bowl game) and that is because Ryan had oh about 200 more attempts.

I don't think anyone outside of Woodson is worthy of a high 1st round pick on a QB this year.

Woodson has a very big hitch in his delivery, I can't see spending a high-first round pick on a guy whose mechanics are so screwy. Guys with bad mechanics just don't do well in the NFL.

Long, the OT, from Michigan would be an excellent choice. The Falcons can build a line and then put a QB behind it, sort of like the Colts did with Payton.

ATLBob you beat me to the punch. It's great that the falcons won and still will get the 3rd pick. Drafting McFadden is still a possibility because; I don't see the Dolphins taking him after taking Ronnie Brown a couple of years ago and I don't see St. Louis taking him while having Steven Jackson.

I liked what I saw from Matt Ryan (quick release, accuracy, movement in the pocket to avoid the rush); but I'm just not sold on him as the third pick. McFadden would be my choice because just like Adreian Peterson he has a chance to come and make a major impact, plus the Falcons need a new face of the franchise. I'm just not sold on taking a quarterback that early in the first round. Just look at the success of quarterbacks taken in the first round the last 5 or so years and it hasn't been that great.

Quote:

Picking 3rd, beautiful news, means that we're assured of one of McFadden, Dorsey, or Long. That's either a cornerstone for one of the lines, or an electric running talent.

Yeah, I just checked their forums again, and after much debate and math from everyone, the VAST majority seem to think that we will pick #3 and nothing can change that. That is freakin wonderful news! Like you said, we should pick whoever between McFadden, Dorsey, and Long is left.

I dont mind picking McFadden AS LONG AS we grab AT LEAST one stud FA O Lineman. McFadden would NOT play up to his potential behind our O Line as it is now. Peterson did because he has that wonderful Minnesota O Line to run behind. Please remember this folks...

Quote:

Quote:

I dont mind picking McFadden AS LONG AS we grab AT LEAST one stud FA O Lineman. McFadden would NOT play up to his potential behind our O Line as it is now. Peterson did because he has that wonderful Minnesota O Line to run behind. Please remember this folks...

[/indent]

Your absolutely right; Minnesota does have a really good O Line and seems like its been that way for the last 15 years ( I remember how good there O-lines have been rated on Madden). Just like how the vikings got Hutchinson from Seattle a couple of years ago; the falcons main free agent priority should be offensive line.