• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Hawks player would you bench permanently?

TroyMcClure

OK, guys. If you were the coach, who would you keep rooted to the pine? Who is that player you feel is holding us back? Strictly judging by on court performance. Not draft position/expectations, etc.

Unfortunately, Woody isn't an option. Neither is Salim, Lo, or Solomon. I think they are pretty much benched permanently.

Even T Lue and ZaZa are needed in certain circimstamces.

Hack a Shaq or Hack a Howard requires ZaZa to come in and foul.

There are times in the game when a 3 point shooter is needed for a set play (end of quarters and end of games). There may even be a time Lue is needed when a team puts the clamps on us witha zone defense. (Hopefully AJ or Law can shoot there way out of the zone too.)

Besides those reasons I don't see any reason why either of those 2 guys step on the floor. Just think, those 2 were our starting PG and Center for the last 2 years. No wonder we sucked so bad !

Lue got my vote. He probably won't be here next year. Lue and AJ are also the same type of player in that they each are more of the jumpshooting PG, than the playmaking one. AJ gets the edge over Lue, because he's a better playmaker and defender. One of them has to sit, in order to see if Law can really make an impact on a game.

Zaza has to play by default. We have very few big people, so he has to play. The thing to do, is not give him the ball on offense, if he continues to play like he's doing now.

But with AJ, JJ, Law, Chill and West playing guard at times, Lue is the guy that is expendible. All 5 of those guys bring different things to the table at guard.

• Moderators

I picked Lue because I don't think Woody can help himself. He is going to play Lue if Lue is healthy enough to play even if it hurts the team. AJ is a better playmaker and defender and should get those minutes. Lue could be a fine reserve in a very limited role but I think Woody would inevitably expand that role too far.

With Zaza, I have more faith in Woody to sit him.

Why even include all the players? Zaza, Lue and Shelden (to a lesser extent) are the only players who come close to qualifying. Even Zaza and Lue have their uses, but if I had to pick one it would be Zaza. He has been god awful this season. Little offense and defense + poor rebounding and turnovers =/= help.