• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 33: Atlanta VS Washington Game Thread

gsuteke

• Moderators

Quote:

JJ has turned the ball over twice trying to force things down the stretch. People need to move off the ball, get in position and let him give that up to exploit the double team when it comes.

Coaching staff...this is something to work on this week. Don't keep driving into swarms of defenders.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Why aren't we defending the man throwing the ball in? We have plenty of long defenders who could make that pass more difficult. It isn't that hard to make an uncontested pass in to guys even with a rover defender.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

If we lose, we gave this away at the line and with bad TO's.

Don't forget the defensive rebounds. the Wizards hada bunch of 2nd chance points.

Not that many down the stretch, though.

Where were the touches for Horford? The guy works his ass off all night, rebounds like a mad man, make beautiful outlet passes time after time, and his idiot teammates can't even find the ability to get him the ball? Sorry, but this is just ridiculous. This team shoots far too many jumpshots for such a mediocre shooting team.

Quote:

Quote:

OH WELL WASTED GOOD GAMES BY AL AND SMOOVE OH WELL ON TO THE NEXT GAME!!!1

Smith's awfult shooting from the line was a huge part of why we lost.

BOY STOP LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THE TO'S BY JOE OR MARVIN ALSO MISSING FT'S THIS WAS NOT SMOOVE'S FAULT SO NEXT PLEASE!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BOY STOP LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THE TO'S BY JOE OR MARVIN ALSO MISSING FT'S THIS WAS NOT SMOOVE'S FAULT SO NEXT PLEASE!!!!

I didn't say it was his fault, but he was a big part of it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't say it was his fault, but he was a big part of it.

Sure he was anywhoo... Great games once again by AL and Smoove..

I was at the game tonight. Some observations . . .

Washington physically man-handled us all night. Whether is was getting second shots, posting us up, bodying us on defense, it looked like men against boys. We could not contain Blatche or Haywood when they were inside getting rebounds. I know the stats don't make it look that way, but they had their way with us getting every clutch rebound.

We need shooters. Washington hit a million mid-range jumpers.

It was an unfortunate night at the foul line, but we are usually better so it's hard to get too upset about one bad night at the foul line.

Marvin is agressive as hell - they just don't give him the ball in good situations very often.

We have NO set offensive plays. We absolutely suck strategy-wise. Our whole "plan" is look for someone who is a little bit open. Give him the ball. Watch him go one-on-one. Pathetic . . .

Joe is an enigma.

Horford may be our best player in two years.

Josh Smith scores a lot of points but rarely do any of his shot attempts look smooth. It is controlled chaos and only his freakish athleticism allows him to score. If he ever develops actual basketball skills he'll be unstoppable.

AJ is a god-send but he is still too limited to be a starting point guard.

Chilz is hard to believe. Amazing energy and confidence. His intangibles would be hard to replace.

We have no bench.

Salim looks good in a suit.

The Hawksquawkers in my row never gave up - cheering to the bitter end!!

CoachX has a nice looking girlfriend (now fiance). I was going get a quick divorce during the game and ask her to change her mind and marry me but they didn't come back to where we were sitting! tongue.gif