Hawks workout six more players.

KB21

Aleksander Pavlovic SG 6-7 210 Buducnost

Josh Howard SG/SF 6-6 205 Wake Forest

Dahntay Jones SG 6-6 210 Duke

Marquis Daniels PG/SG 6-5 205 Auburn

Carl English PG/SG 6-5 195 Hawaii

David Brkic SF 6-10 200 Italy

The head liner is obviously Pavlovic, but Josh Howard and Dahntay Jones are possible first round picks that could be looked at by the Hawks. Once again, the trend of athletic guard type players is apparent.

Don't be surprised if the Hawks have Ronald Dupree rated higher than many people think he's rated. There is some quiet talk that he's moving up the draft boards with some impressive workouts, and his agent is on record stating that Dupree will be a late first round pick.

The fact that the Hawks are working out tons of shooting guards seems to imply that they aren't going to be resigning Dion Glover, and they may not resign DerMarr Johnson.

If they did draft English, they may try to use him as a point guard. It's conceivable that they could draft Jones in the 1st and English in the 2nd.

I wouldnt mind JONES or RONALD with that 2nd rounder... for crying out loud, its a SECOND ROUNDER.

If we [censored] up that pick, our future wont be setback a few years more.

With the second-round pick, go with a sure thing. No need to gamble here. Find a player that can help this roster anyway possible.

Duke has a very good basketbal program... u cant go TOO WRONG with picking a duke player with the 2nd rounder.

Both are athletic, i remember coach K saying that JONES was clearly the most athletic player out his team.

I get that same feeling too, that we are trying out shooting guards that we are definitely looking at every 2 guard in the draft, but ones that can handle the rock. I will like Boris Diaw and Pavloviv and also Carlos Delfino......I think we need a 2 guard 6'6-6'9 that can handle the rock extremely well and have a consistent jumper at the same time being ahletic.

I dont think we will draft a big man, but you will be surprised because Sofoklis at 21 or if he slips to 37 will be tempting, but the Hawks figure that the East does not have any dominant Big man and with just a few undrafted or free agents big men will work out just fine, I think so too.

We definitely need to draft a 2 guard at 21 that can hadle the rock , knock down shots, play good D and ahletic. At 37 we should draft best available player.

The guy isnt a very good shooter and he absolutely loves to play PG and get his teammates the ball, reportedly almost to a fault. I dont think that the team is going to go out of their way anymore to accomodate JT by trying to find a tall SG who can defend and handle the ball. They are far better off making JT a 6th man Bobby Jackson/NVE type of player and getting traditional PG/SG's to start. I think that will be the vision of the new management.