Some tell me WTF Lue is doing in the game!

bumpyphish1

Quote:

We won the last game because Lue didn't touch the floor, in the second half.

Again, I know. It also helped that since Law wasnt scoring, he instead dished out 8 dimes. You dont need to be a big scorer if you dish out points like that in assists.

His defense is pretty good, so if he can pull it all together, Lue should be getting DNPs damn near every night.

And yes, I too believe Acie is JT-like in his potential to score. He did it in college, so let's hope he brings it together soon enough. Right now, he isn't even shooting 40% from the field. This team would be wicked if Acie turns into a scoring PG who can distribute (imagine if he had 8 assists and like 10-15 on Saturday)...

He has it in him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Woody is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't then in your eyes because if he doesn't put Lue in we may not have won the game. He made a good adjustment going to Lue tonight just like he made a good adjustment NOT using Lue much against the Nets.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lue helped us win this game. We are lucky that he didn't help us lose this game.

I'm starting to think that you didn't even watch the game...or you are just clueless and find bashing Lue convenient. Any other night I would be ALL OVER T Lue. His defense was not stellar, but it was halfway decent (FOR HIM). Did he get abused? Sure. But if you had watched that game closely, our interior defense is what was getting the Sixers' back in the game more than anything (we also started turning it over and didnt have a FG at like the 2 min mark in the 4th for 5 mins before that).

EDIT @ 10:21 pm: With that said, ANYONE who uses this aberration of a game for T Lue as an excuse to play him big time minutes for the next several games is seriously an idiot.

Quote:

I think Dolfan pretty much nailed it - he's not a Lue fan but he gave him his due. Let's face it boys and girls - Acie is a solid citizen and a worker but if you can't hit the side of a barn with a shot you simply need to develop. D-league?

D League? Not so fast my friend. He just came off an 8 assist night. Acie needs consistent minutes to prove to me that he can't put up similar numbers on a somewhat consistent basis. That game was the first time in a while that he did not look absolutely shell-shocked out there. His shot will come...it will come...

Quote:

well if the guy was going 3 for 9 I'd agree - but let's remember that in his 8 assist game he scored ZERO points.

Yeah, on ONE FG attempted and ZERO FTs. Hard to get points that way.

He's just got to establish himself fully when he's on the court. I'd take 8 assists all day everyday as long as he isnt turning it over or is getting charged with stupid fouls (remember when he would get like 2 fouls as soon as he came into the game?) That has become less of an issue now.

The offense looked good when he was dishing it out even though he wasn't scoring. Remember, he BARELY saw the floor in the second half that game.

Quote:

well if the guy was going 3 for 9 I'd agree - but let's remember that in his 8 assist game he scored ZERO points.

That's what pass first PGs are suppose to do. We're in business once he realizes that he needs to score too, especially when he's in with the 2nd unit. I mean, he's lucky to pass it to an open JJ... Josh Smith isn't going to make a jumpshot... passing it to Chillz will only drain the shot clock since he's just going to dribble to the free throw line and then pass it out (almost every time)... passing to Zaza... Well, you know what happens when Zaza got a hold of a basketball.

I like his unselfishness but, Acie have to look to shoot it when he's open sometimes...

Lets get one thing straight....Lue at PG is not the answer for this team. His role should be to come in for a few....knock down some shots...maybe some 3's and then go back to the bench. He is a HUGE liability on defense. Lue did a decent job tonite, but let's be real people...we won this game because of Josh Smith. He is stepping it up, while JJ is faultering. This team needs to be built around this guy. He could be a monster in this league some day if he puts it all together on a nightly basis. I say deal JJ before the deadline and get a real PG and a C in here pronto. JJ is the past and Smoove in the future. He is the heart and soul of this team.

Quote:

Lets get one thing straight....Lue at PG is not the answer for this team. His role should be to come in for a few....knock down some shots...maybe some 3's and then go back to the bench. He is a HUGE liability on defense. Lue did a decent job tonite, but let's be real people...we won this game because of Josh Smith. He is stepping it up, while JJ is faultering. This team needs to be built around this guy. He could be a monster in this league some day if he puts it all together on a nightly basis. I say deal JJ before the deadline and get a real PG and a C in here pronto. JJ is the past and Smoove in the future. He is the heart and soul of this team.

If we were to deal JJ during the season for that, we would pretty much be screwed imo. If our Defense does not hold up (as it hasn't compared to December), we have a hard enough time scoring to win. JJ may be hurt, but he wont be hurt long. We absolutely NEED his scoring. Furthermore, he is the only one who commands consistent double teams and attention. If it weren't for that, we would be even more screwed offensively.

Now, I would be open to such a JJ trade in the offseason though if we could add another shooter off the bench as well.

Do we still need a PG and a big off the bench? Absolutely. Would I give up JJ DURING THIS SEASON to do it? Probably not.

Oh, and like I said, if anyone thinks T Lue is the answer at PG after this game, they dont know basketball.

Lue and Pach did good off the bench today, cant turn a blinds eye to that. Even though Pach has regressed and Lue's obvious faults, if they could consistently produce within their roles off the bench...would go a long way.

Im all for Joe taking a break for few games b4 the allstar game to heal up... give law a few min's at SG along with the point. But even then, he has no confidence in his own jumper...i think woody might have gotten on him too much for the early shotclock jumpers hes missed in the past...

So encourage him to score and abuse opposing PG's, get to the line some for a change, and hit those FT's.

No way in hell we win the game last night without him. We were minus 7 with Acie on the floor and we were minus 8 with AJ on the floor. We were PLUS TWENTY THREE with T Lue on the court. That was the highest plus/minus of ANY player in the game. The lineup of T Lue, Chillz, Marv, Smoove and Zaza got us back in the game but it was T Lue's play even BEFORE Smoove came back in that got us headed in the right direction.

Acie played 5 minutes and didn't even scratch in the boxscore. No assists, no points, no rebounds, no steals. No nothing. All he did was come in and make a bad situation worse. We needed a PG to come in and settle us down because Philly had us frazzled but he was not up to the task last night. He looked tentative and scared in the face of Philly's pressure and they fed off that and built up their leade even more.

I think Acie is the PG of the future for us but we needed T Lue last night and failure to acknowledge his GREAT contribution to our win last night makes you guys with an agenda look clueless. T Lue did last night EXACTLY what I hope he can do for us in SPOT minutes. He doesn't have to be a regular part of the rotation but we need him to be ready to step up when Acie has a bad night in relief of AJ as rookie PGs will do.

Thank you Trace! It was just as Rath said last night, the closer had to come in during the 5th inning. Really he had to come in during the 1st inning after our starter gave up 2 grand slams though LOL. Lue had ice water in his veins last night with the shots he hit in the 2nd quarter and I highly doubt we would have won last night had it not been for him.

If you watched the game last night, Lue didn't even handle the ball that much last night. That played a huge role in his performance. I still want him gone more than anybody, but he was used perfectly. Chillz, then JJ..were the primary ball handlers. Lue was the PG in position only, not placement in the offense.

I diss Lue alot but his timimg was perfect las night. He answered th bell when needed with some timely jumpers.

Though Andre Miller had one of his best games of the season vs. mainly Lue and AJ.....but having the oppoment's PG have a career night vs. us is nothing out of the ordinary....its more the norm.

Good win for the Hawks and timely shooting by Lue.

Quote:

Thank you Trace! It was just as Rath said last night, the closer had to come in during the 5th inning. Really he had to come in during the 1st inning after our starter gave up 2 grand slams though LOL. Lue had ice water in his veins last night with the shots he hit in the 2nd quarter and I highly doubt we would have won last night had it not been for him.

I think Lue played well offensively last night, I just wish Acie was put in the second half when Miller was putting on a clinic.

You are definitely right about that. We cannot let Lue be the PG any more than is absolutely necessary. I loved having Chillz bring the ball up and letting Lue find a spot to sit in and wait for the open shot. Chillz was VERY impressive with his ball handling skills getting it up the court and I hope we continue to utilize him in that way. Lue is as good of a spot up shooter as we have on the team so using him in that fashion will be successful more often than not.