• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hmm, the Woody/Lue bashing posts slow down

Admin

two things,

1 - lue can lose us a game here or there and lue can also win us games like tonight. that's a coaches' job to make sure keeping the hot hands. ok so woody made the "right" move.

2 - why did woody called a time out when la has no time out? he was basically calling it for the lakers. that really let them re-group. lucky, they didn't/couldn't somehow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

two things,

1 - lue can lose us a game here or there and lue can also win us games like tonight. that's a coaches' job to make sure keeping the hot hands. ok so woody made the "right" move.

2 - why did woody called a time out when la has no time out? he was basically calling it for the lakers. that really let them re-group. lucky, they didn't/couldn't somehow.

Another thing I'd like to add, is that out off the four plays we ran after a Time Out (at least the four I kept track off) we got three turnovers and an airball.

Those were earlier in the season though. We have started beating the teams that we are supposed to beat and as long as we do that we will be okay. I was really happy to see us come home and beat the Sixers and Nets because we should have beaten them. Last nights game was a game we probably shouldn't have won going into it, just as it will probably be against the Cavs because those teams are more experienced and better than us right now but if we steal a few of those it will help to make up for the poor performances against teams we should have beaten earlier in the year.

Because we have only TWO quality guys at the 4/5 and in addition to keeping them out of foul trouble we cannot play them 48 minutes a game especially considering that both of those guys rely on hustle being a huge factor in their ability to control their area of the game.

If you want to blame someone then blame BK for not giving Woody anything decent to go to when Al or Smoove have to come out of the game.

Another thing I'd like to add, is that out off the four plays we ran after a Time Out (at least the four I kept track off) we got three turnovers and an airball.

I recall one of play out of time out that was a traditional post up on the right block for Smoove vs. Odom which was converted for an easy 2.

Props to Lue.....I'm rough on him b/c of his "Russian Roulet" style of play. He shoots us out of half the games he plays in and shoots us back in to the other half of the games he plays. I prefer a more consistent an steady hand at PG who can actually breakdown defences and see the floor.....playing a little defense would help too.......But hey, last nights the shots were falling for Lue and we probably owe the win to him. Bottom line is we needed some outside shooting and he delivered.

I guess Woody gets credit for that since I blame him for playing Lue when his "Russian Roulet" shots don't fall.

JJ, Smoove, & Horford played great games. Good to see JJ get his stroke back.

Did anyone notice the emotion JJ showed on the half court call vs. Kobe that clinced the game ? JJ got pupmed and it was good too see. The same thing happened to JJ vs. Roy last week....now that it happened to Kobe in the same situation, maybe JJ can put the gohst behind him.

Quote:

Quote:

If we DO make the playoffs, hopefully people will stop whining and complaining like little 7 year old girls and be happy that we finally got back to the post season.

Agreed. Hope that day comes sometime soon.

Unfortunately if you calculate our record, taking into account the discrepancies between home games played and road games played, we are on pace for 34-35 wins.

Current Home winning%: 58 ... .58 X 41 = 23 home wins

Current Road winning%: 29... .29 x 41 = 12 road wins.

I'm not too happy with our performance this year, and to call people like me a little girl because I voice my displeasure about being a team on pace for 34 wins is pretty unreasonable IMO.

I think BK and Woody have done a terrible job since being here. Northcyde says we can't dog Woody when we loose, because we don't give him props when he wins... I don't think this is a valid argument because most of the complaints I see don't have anything to do with W/L but the fact that we don't have a half-court offense, and we play without a sense of purpose on the road, etc. etc.

Nobody can know if these things are the players or the coaches fault, but since Bk is the reason we have the players we have and Woody is the reason for how they prepare I think it's pretty reasonable to have the opinion that these two men have not done a good job since coming here.

Actually, it's a .625 win percentage at Home, which would give us a projected 26 home wins and 12 road wins.

That adds up to 38, which is EXACTLY the number of wins I predicted for this team before the season.

And also as I said before the season, 38 wins should be good for either the #7 or #8 place in the East.

I mean come on people...If the season stopped today we would be IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Isn't this what we've wanted??

John Hollinger also has us winning 38 games in his season simulations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

38 wins for this team is right on the money as far as expectations should go.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this team being in great position to make the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Quote:

as the Hawks take the game over and win it. Where were you Woody/Lue bashers when Lue practically won the game for us in the final 2 minutes?

Great game by Smoove, JJ, TLue, and especially big Al shutting Pau down. Marvin was definitely off tonight but I'm not worried about him since poor shooting is rare for him. Smoove with another near triple double tonight, major impressive!!

Even with the big win Woody still gets bashed even though he out coached Phil tonight, particularly getting Joe and Smoove in earlier than 4th than when Phil went to Kobe and co.

Winning changes everything.

However, with the next loss, you can expect that the bashers will be back!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't mind Lue shooting when he is open. I like when he is in and they let Childress run the ball up. Lue gets open and can hit.

Otherwise, yeah he can be annoying.

My wife is always surprised when Lue passes the ball!!!

Quote:

The Lakers went on a run with Smoove out the game not to challenge shots and defend which led to an 8 pt deficit.
Smith only picked up 1 foul in the 2nd half. That could have cost us after the great 1st qtr he had.

Smoove picked up his 2nd foul with 9:48 to go in the 2nd qtr. Lakers were up 35 - 30 when he was subbed for 8 seconds later. The Hawks actually cut into that decifit with Smoove out of the game, until Fisher hit those back to back 3s. That's what sparked the late run they went on to close the 2nd qtr.

Quote:

Lue played alright but he hit some lucky shots at the end. And if he would have missed them then yall would be all on him as well with 100 "I hate Lue" threads.
Now that all but guarantees that he will be gettin the bulk of the backup mins from now on for his play tonight. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Lue is a shotmaker. That's his only worth, hitting shots. When he has it going, he might be the best shooter on the team. If Lue is helping the team win, I have no problem seeing him getting playing time over Law.

I want Law to be the guy at PG like everybody else. But I root for the T-E-A-M before anything else. Maybe some of you guys should try that, instead of crying about every personnel move.

• Moderators

Quote:

Hey I doubt there are more than a handful of Hawks fans who don't cringe when Lue is in the game but they still cheer like crazy people when he knocks down a big shot.

That sums up Lue for me. We have all seen players in sports who do stupid things that end up working out sometimes and we do the "No! No! ... YES!" routine. That is how Lue is for me. Fundamentally flawed, not the way you want to play, but he does hit big shots at times that make a difference in the game and last night was an example of "good Lue."

Whenever he comes in, all you can do is cross your fingers and hope this is a night he is going to hit his shots.

Like some of the others here, I would rather see the ball run through JJ and our forwards on offense and let Lue be more of a limited spot-up shooter. He definitely is our second best perimeter shooter when he is on and our team has a need for perimeter shooting.