• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rasheed Wallace goes to the ASG in place of KG

SmooveTheFuture

Pistons' Wallace will go to All-Star Game

Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

AUBURN HILLS -- NBA commissioner David Stern has named Rasheed Wallace to the Eastern Conference All-Star team as a replacement for injured starter Kevin Garnett.

It is Wallace's second All-Star selection as a Piston, and his fourth overall.

Wallace is averaging 12.9 points and 7.3 rebounds this season.

wtf??? with those kind of numbers he gets into the allstar game. What about guys like Hedo, Richard Jefferson, Caledron, Ray Allen or Josh Smith what is the logic behind this [censored].

I guess Stern calls himself rewarding one of the best teams in the league with another All-Star. Plus, Wallace is a big like Garnett.

When I saw that Garnett was missing the all-star game, I thought for a few seconds that the Leprechaun might give Smoove that spot. No chance at that though. If we had a winning record and was on national TV all the time, maybe. But adding Smoove would suggest that the NBA likes us.

I guess Bosh gets to start now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

question, Why do canadians love Caldron so much?

Umm...Because he plays for Toronto (duh).

Every single writer in ESPN pretty much has stated it is a travesty that Calderon hasn't made the team. So I wouldn't really relegate Calderon love to a purely Canadian thing.

He is top five in assists and first in assist turnover ratio... His team is in fourth place, and he is the second best player on it... Your question has at least a dozen solid answers to it.

• Admin

Its nothing to do with being Canadian.

I actually have lived in the US for over 10 years.

Caldaron deserves to be in the all star game before Joe and a couple of the other players on the team. He got robbed of that berth and actually should have gotten the nomination when Garnett couldn't play.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Caldaron deserves to be in the all star game before Joe and a couple of the other players on the team. He got robbed of that berth and actually should have gotten the nomination when Garnett couldn't play.

I have to disagree.

Caldaron is not asked to be the main guy for his team. JJ is. What has Caldaron had to carry other than Bosh's leftovers? After Bosh has finished eating, Calderon picks the bones clean.

I think Smoove got snubbed.

I think that's mainly due to perception of his attitude because if anybody ever watched Smoove, they know he's a catalyst.