• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Sekou blog

BHayley

Very long.

-An Eastern Conference scout told Sekou after the game we desperately need a shooter.

-He said that JJ (who he has great respect for--is just burnt out with minutes), Smoove, and Horford are the only untouchables.

-Says we need a shooter the most.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY: He said that we try our hardest every night and don't win much, so something must give.

That is a good blog entry. Painfully true.

The Hawks should really start thinking about trading some of their underachieving lottery picks while they still have some value so they can get some role players that can allow the team to have proper balance offensively and defensively.

"Talent" on paper is nice, but balance and a solid team approach will do more good for this team.

Quote:

That is a good blog entry. Painfully true.

Agreed. Our problems are so obvious and have been the same for so long.

It is obvious that our minute distribution will kill us (and Joe) over the course of a season.

Also painful was the obvious observation that

Quote:

Acie Law is going to be fine in time. But they have to bring him along better than they have. He looks lost out there. And when you look at him and then look at Stuckey, it’s clear that one guy is playing with a certain confidence and swagger and the other guy is not. That’s about development more than it is anything else. Stuckey has the luxury of playing behind and learning from one of the best in the league in Billups. So there’s really no pressure on him. I don’t think Acie has that luxury. I also don’t think he’s allowed the same freedoms. It makes a difference. Trust me, it makes a huge difference."

Acie's confidence has been crushed. He's the kind of guy who needs steady minutes and a green light to go out and figure things out with confidence. His entire game is based on confidence and fearlessness as a penetrator and clutch scorer. And his uneven minutes and quick subs as soon as he screws up have just killed his confidence.

BK is the bigger source of our problems (i.e. roster), but Woody is FAR, FAR worse at his job than BK is. Woody is pathetic.

And worst of all our team is painful to watch even when we win. We should be one of the most fun teams to watch with all this talent and athleticism. Instead, we get to watch pistons/spurs type basketball MINUS the offensive efficiency, MINUS the defensive efficiency, and MINUS the winning. Just sad.

I thought one of the most important things said was that there is noone to show Smoove how to be even better. That there was noone to help out Acie Law and that Law doesnt have the freedom Stuckey has. That all sounds like serious shots at our coaching staff, our whole coaching staff not just Woody.

Some great quotes from that scout that was with Sekou:

-Josh Smith is a beast. And if he was on a team like Detroit, he’d be flat out ridiculous. Because as good as he is, he’s never played with the kind of veterans that could teach him the tricks of the trade and provide him with the kind of insights and examples to take full advantage of the physical gifts he’s already tapped into.

-Horford’s a young beast as well. He’s by far the best rookie in the league. It’s not even a good debate. He held his own out there tonight, and dominated the action in spurts. Against two of the best and most skilled and experienced bigs in Rasheed wallace.gif and [Antonio] McDyess.

-But believe me when I tell you, there isn’t a team in the league that wouldn’t want either one of those young kids right now. They’re the cornerstones there, they have to be.

Don't assume that they aren't doing anything about it or at the very least don't want to be doing anything about it. The whole ownership mess might have us completely incapable of making the moves that we need to improve although I hope that will be proven wrong by us making a major deal by the deadline.