• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RUMOR: BIBBY TO ATLANTA???

mrhonline

• Premium Member

RealGM Bucks' board

Quote:

Well it looks like yet another team is making an effort to improve themselves...Atlanta and Sacremento are close to a deal that will send Mike Bibby to Atlanta for Sheldon Williams, Salim Stoudemire and some other garbage. Trade should be finalized by Monday.

Quote:

It was on a pre-game show on the Fox Sports Radio before the Rookie/Sophmore game. 2 NBA insiders reported that they were close to a deal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

A good trade would be Childress + Lue + Lo + Salim for Bibby (absorb some contract if you have to), then trade Shelly straight up for Matt Carroll,
and package Marvin somehow for a 7 footer and teach Smoove how to shoot so he can play SF

and kill all the players from other teams.

• Premium Member

Adding Bibby guarantees that Smith stays; the AS would do this move to make the team better.

Hence the board's skepticism. It's been two years since this ownership did anything remotely positive.

What a great expiring contract to have next year, too.

I would think that we would be sending AJ and Lue in the deal so that it's Bibby and Acie running the show and once Bibby is done here Acie will be fully ready to take over. Without giving up any of the core group we would drastically improve our team. We have to find a way to bring in a couple of big bodies though to relieve some of the minutes BIG AL is playing ... and by the way great job representing the Hawks tonight big man!!

Here is a deal that works in the trade checker that includes nothing but "garbage" players:

Atlanta trades: AJ, Lue, Lo, Shelden, and Salim

Sacramento trades: Bibby and Justin Williams (who would have to agree to be traded but we would need to get him since we would be thin in the front court). I really liked Williams coming out of the draft too because he is a Ratliff type of shot blocker so he could end up being a steal if included. He also had 12 rebounds and 5 steals in his last game against the Rockets.

I sure hope this trade actually happens and truthfully I don't see why a Bucks fan would make up a trade like this other than to toy with our emotions.