• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ultimate Hawksquawk Poll

TheNorthCydeRises

Quote:

thats a lot of hypotheticals

They're hypotheticals that could easily happen though.

- while we're all pizzed, we're right there to make the playoffs. A mere 3 game win streak puts us right back in 7th, and knocking on the door for 6th.

- if we get in, I could easily see us winning a game or even 2 games at home. I definitely see the Hawks winning a game 3 ( with the atmosphere at Philips being ridiculous ). And if that happened, who knows how game 4 would turn out. But Boston or Detroit would probably close us out in game 6.

- and if that happened, I could see the ASG extending Woody for another 3 years, just because he might be cheaper to extend, than hiring another coach that is a known name.

Lol, I like the poll and results too Northcyde. I voted yes and like others agree that it'd be nice to just make the playoffs and then not look bad. If you said get swept first round the poll probably would have tilted for the no's. Another thing that would get more no's would be if you said Acie still won't get any PT.

I can see the scenario you mentioned panning out and then Acie getting equal minutes to Bibby next year then signing even siging Bibby to an extension. Bibby's overpaid but fits our needs well at this time to me.

I generally like the trade as the Hawks didn't have to give up anything of value. But, if it ensures BK's and Woody's return then it probably holds the team back in the long run.

I can only imagine that Sac-town is hoping Shelden emerges as at least a solid power forward with some proper coaching. Otherwise, it is a total salary dump - which makes sense because even though they are playing well their chainces at the playoffs in the west this year are non-existent - as AJ is destined for back-up minutes and Lue is more or less worthless to them.

Quote:

why cant we just enjoy the trade for now?

I don't see anything wrong with considering the ramifications of the trade, particularly if it handicaps the team in the long run.

Again, I like the trade as far as the players involved are concerned, no question a trade of this type is long overdue. But, it does not change my opinion that BK and Woody are not the answer and that their continued employment will ultimately prevent the Hawks from competing for a championship if retained beyond the end of this year.