• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FIRE WOODY NOW

JTFan31

I wish it can be as easy as saying, but is not. how can u 2 teams score on your team 120 points a game. Yes the players are the ones that play but the coach draws the game plans and they have to execute it. Artest is a great player but come on how do u let him look like an allstar and absolutely dominate your team.

I mean if u gonna let Artest go wild then freaking contain the others guys

And why does it seem that every team shoots great from 3 point land when they play atlanta, oh let me see why, because everyone freaking collapses to the lane when someone drive........thats easy basketball.....drive and pass out for open 3's.......stay with your man. I assume Woody teaches that scheme also.

On another note this Jeremy Richardson can flat out shoot the rock.

Another things I wanna you guys remember in December when we were making noise around the league and we were 15-12. Ever since we have gone a miserable 6-18 ..... thats not playoff basketball

Quote:

I wish it can be as easy as saying, but is not. how can u 2 teams score on your team 120 points a game. Yes the players are the ones that play but the coach draws the game plans and they have to execute it. Artest is a great player but come on how do u let him look like an allstar and absolutely dominate your team.

I mean if u gonna let Artest go wild then freaking contain the others guys

And why does it seem that every team shoots great from 3 point land when they play atlanta, oh let me see why, because everyone freaking collapses to the lane when someone drive........thats easy basketball.....drive and pass out for open 3's.......stay with your man. I assume Woody teaches that scheme also.

On another note this Jeremy Richardson can flat out shoot the rock.

Another things I wanna you guys remember in December when we were making noise around the league and we were 15-12. Ever since we have gone a miserable 6-18 .....
thats not playoff basketball

That's fire this coach now basketball.

While Woodson’s here, hope’s gone

By Mark Bradley | Thursday, February 21, 2008, 08:35 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Mark Bradley Getting Mike Bibby - good move.

Keeping Mike Woodson - not so good.

The Hawks are 7-18 since Dec. 27. They’ve lost six in a row. They’ve lost 13 of 17. If the playoffs began today, they wouldn’t be in them.

Yes, it’s too soon to expect Bibby to have formed a mesh with his teammates, who are so used to playing without a point guard they can hardly be expected to know how to act when one’s on the floor. But it isn’t too soon to grasp what has become painfully obvious to everyone except Billy Knight and the team’s many owners: This coach isn’t apt to take any team anywhere worth going.

How many times have we heard Woodson say the Hawks weren’t ready to play or that they just didn’t compete? Whenever a coach says that, he’s indicting himself. The First Rule of Coaching - it’s in all the manuals - is: Get your team ready to play. Everything else is a secondary concern.

I thought the Hawks might fire Woodson at the end of January when they lost seven of eight. I was all but convinced they’d do it over the All-Star break, having dropped four in a row and fallen to ninth place in the East. Instead they dealt for Bibby, which was fine on its face, but where’s the wisdom in handing Jeff Gordon’s racecar to Fred Flintstone?

And now the Hawks are 0-2 with Bibby with three more games to play out West, and already the positive buzz that followed the big trade has begun to dissipate into plaints of “Same Old Hawks.” I wish I could tell you I foresee good things for this retooled roster, but as long as the same old coach remains I see no real hope.

Mike Woodson definitely needs to go, and Billy Knight needs to be right behind him. Matter of fact I believe Billy Knight is more of a problem than Woodson, because he put together this mess of a team. Despite the fact that I blame Knight more than Woodson, it is obvious Woodson is in over his head as a head coach.

Woody refuses to shake up the lineup a bit. The one move he could make right now, would be to start Chill over Marvin. Right now, Marvin is playing quite a bit at the 4. If this is going to continue to be the case, he might as well start Chill at the 3, and bring Marvin off the bench, instead of vice versa.

You don't reduce Marvin's minutes with him coming off the bench, but you do try to give people a possible different look and give your own team increased energy to begin games, with Chill starting. You also possibly protect Marvin from picking up early fouls ( like Smoove and Horford do ).

I would also start running more post isolations for JJ down on the blocks. Surround him with shooters ( Bibby, Marvin, maybe a Jer-Rich ), and give him the option to score or pass out to the shooters.

Woody keeps doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. That's one of the definitions of insanity. If Woody got fired after this road trip, It may be for the best. Hopefully the interim coach could ignite sme sort of spark in these guys.

( LOL . . i was hoping for 2 wins on this road trip, but now, I'd take even one win )

I'm not watching another game until Woodson is fired. Looks like I'm going to have to follow NO the rest of this year. I don't know what else to do. I simply don't have any answers. I'm tired of this team sucking the life out of me when it comes to basketball. I used to not miss any games that come on TV. Now I almost have to force myself to watch a game regardless if it's the Hawks or not.

Not only does Woodson have to go, but they need to sign a coach that has proven himself. Not another inexperienced coach. They have tried this approach 3 straight times and it has failed.