• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK TRIED TO FIRE WOODY 3 TIMES! (AJC)

DJKadafi

It doesn't necessarily mean that they back Woody, the scarier option long term is that it might mean they aren't willing to pay 2 coaches for the remainder of the season. I don't know for sure, but I imagine this is the case, that if Drew were promoted to interim head coach he would probably get a raise. If they go outside of the organization they definitely have to pay a new guy and under either scenario they are still paying Woody for the rest of the year.

I just off the phone with my dad, and we came up with 10 things that stuck out about this article:

1) BK does NOT have full power to fire (and likely hire) his underlings.

2) Although BK and Woodson are allegedly very close, BK has been willing to fire his friend, with permission of the ASG, to make the team better,.

3) This further confirms the fact that ownership has no business running this team. If it wasn't apparent by now, it surely is with this article.

4) All that rhetoric by the ASG about "we are reviewing our team and personell daily to see what is best for team" is obviously just BS.

5) The owners have little faith in BK. I mean, if you dont have faith to follow through with the suggestions your GM makes to you (the owners), why have a GM?

6) A rift is about to be torn between Woodson and BK. BK has wanted Woodson gone for the good of the team. Now that this story is out there, how will Woodson respond? This is not a perfect world where emotions don't get involved.

7) Could it be that players going into Woodson's "doghouse" inexplicably was the result of an ulterior motive by Woodson after all?

8) It appears that the ASG really do wear perma-rose colored glasses. It further scares me that Woodson really will get that extension if we make the playoffs.

9) The ASG is not willing to really do what is necessary to make us a winner. We got us a great PG, but now we need to can the coach (and BK).

10) This made BK a little more palatable to many people. He was made out as a lazy, quiet, idiot who wouldnt make necessary moves. With him calling for Woodson's head not once but thrice, this shows me that BK at least knows that Woodson is not the right man for the job. At least he isnt drinking the Kool Aid the rest of the ASG is downing with regularity.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I just off the phone with my dad, and we came up with 10 things that stuck out about this article:

1) BK does NOT have full power to fire (and likely hire) his underlings.

2) Although BK and Woodson are allegedly very close, BK has been willing to fire his friend, with permission of the ASG, to make the team better,.

3) This further confirms the fact that ownership has no business running this team. If it wasn't apparent by now, it surely is with this article.

4) All that rhetoric by the ASG about "we are reviewing our team and personell daily to see what is best for team" is obviously just BS.

5) The owners have little faith in BK. I mean, if you dont have faith to follow through with the suggestions your GM makes to you (the owners), why have a GM?

6) A rift is about to be torn between Woodson and BK. BK has wanted Woodson gone for the good of the team. Now that this story is out there, how will Woodson respond? This is not a perfect world where emotions don't get involved.

7) Could it be that players going into Woodson's "doghouse" inexplicably was the result of an ulterior motive by Woodson after all?

8) It appears that the ASG really do wear perma-rose colored glasses. It further scares me that Woodson really will get that extension if we make the playoffs.

9) The ASG is not willing to really do what is necessary to make us a winner. We got us a great PG, but now we need to can the coach (and BK).

10) This made BK a little more palatable to many people. He was made out as a lazy, quiet, idiot who wouldnt make necessary moves. With him calling for Woodson's head not once but thrice, this shows me that BK at least knows that Woodson is not the right man for the job. At least he isnt drinking the Kool Aid the rest of the ASG is downing with regularity.

This sums it up the best. I agree with every single point 100%

Quote:

I don't think that BK and Woody are nearly as friendly as people make them out to be. People seem to forget that Woody was not BKs first choice and only interviewed him after he couldn't get Mike Brown, who would have been a great hire.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that BK and Woody are nearly as friendly as people make them out to be. People seem to forget that Woody was not BKs first choice and only interviewed him after he couldn't get Mike Brown, who would have been a great hire.

It would seem that this is the case

Quote:

We finally have a shot to start winning some ball games and get on the right track and Sekou Smith releases an article like this.

Unbelievable how bad the luck of this city is. Unbelievable

oh please.he released another article relating to posts like that.One win and u think they're gonna win 10 straight or something.please.

Quote:

Quote:

We finally have a shot to start winning some ball games and get on the right track and Sekou Smith releases an article like this.

oh please.he released another article relating to posts like that.One win and u think they're gonna win 10 straight or something.please.

Yeah, I'm listening to 3D After Dark on 790 and there are still people saying "be patient, they can still make the playoffs". WHO CARES if they make the playoffs at 70% of their potential? This team will NOT play to their potential with Woody as coach. They might play hard, but that's it, their defense might be okay, they won't have the offensive X-O's, substitution patterns and other coaching they need. This is obvious after 3 years. Woodson is a joke and it is ridiculous that people don't see this.

OK BT - I'll give the fact that Woody isn't much of a coach - but BK is a MUCH WORSE GM IMO. He's arrogant, a very poor judge of talent, and stubborn as h#ll. If we had an owner like Cuban both would have been gone long ago.

Maybe this shows that the ASG is finally taking a little interest in the Hawks though. We don't know where this story came from but I'll guarran-flockin-tee ya that the owners do. Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I'm listening to 3D After Dark on 790 and there are still people saying "be patient, they can still make the playoffs". WHO CARES if they make the playoffs at 70% of their potential? This team will NOT play to their potential with Woody as coach. They might play hard, but that's it, their defense might be okay, they won't have the offensive X-O's, substitution patterns and other coaching they need. This is obvious after 3 years. Woodson is a joke and it is ridiculous that people don't see this.

Everybody sees this... except those ASG bastards.

And Sekou fractured his relationship with the team. Guess he had enough.

This conjures up all the old jokes:

They would screw up a one car parade or

They couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the insturctions were written on the bottom.

ASG is SCREWED. They will get hammered from all sides.

Wonder what Stern will say privately?