• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like the Bibby trade is a meaningless trade

Plainview1981

Now. The team is simply not improving. They have won 3 garbage games since he come to the team. Not saying his fault, but the Hawks have so many things to overcome before they're a decent team. Some of this team needs to be gone this summer. Sadly, it's hard to see improvement when the Hawks have no stars.

Don't want to hear about Detroit. They're the exception rather than the rule.

No Paul will hurt the Hawks for years to come. Bibby isn't half the player Chris Paul. That's why Billy Knight should still be fired.

Quote:

Now. The team is simply not improving. They have won 3 garbage games since he come to the team. Not saying his fault, but the Hawks have so many things to overcome before they're a decent team. Some of this team needs to be gone this summer. Sadly, it's hard to see improvement when the Hawks have no stars.

No Paul will hurt the Hawks for years to come. Bibby isn't half the player Chris Paul. That's why Billy Knight should still be fired.

Most nba experts would say that the Hawks and Trailblazers have the best up and coming young team in the entire NBA. The Blazers are playing above .500 in the Western Conference while the Hawks played around 10 under .500 in the Eastern Conference. The reason is pretty clear as to who gets the most blame for this performance.

Well the experts are wrong. Other than Orlando I can't remember a quality win the Hawks had where the other team wasn't missing a key piece of their team or more. There is no way you can pin everything on a coach. The Hawks roster isn't half as talented as people make it out to be. The Hawks talent is overrated because of the athletes. When it comes to actual skills the Hawks players fall way short.

Quote:

Don't give up on it yet. We have only lost to upper echelon teams on their home court since the trade. We have won all the games we should've won. Give it a few more weeks as we start a stretch of schedule that should be much easier. If you look at the schedule, other than the New Orleans game, the rest of the games this month should be very winnable.

Beating teams like the Knicks are not an accomplishment. Of course I wouldn;t say the trade is bad since the Hawks gave up nothing. But it simply is a trade that just didn;t really improve anything enough to be a difference maker. As a shooter Bibby has been terrible in 3 out of the last 4 games. Some people say the Hawks have a great shooting backcourt, but that's obviously not the case.

Quote:

Beating teams like the Knicks are not an accomplishment. Of course I wouldn;t say the trade is bad since the Hawks gave up nothing. But it simply is a trade that just didn;t really improve anything enough to be a difference maker. As a shooter Bibby has been terrible in 3 out of the last 4 games. Some people say the Hawks have a great shooting backcourt, but that's obviously not the case.

Oh ye of little patience....let's just see how it plays out through the end of the year before jumping to any major conclusions.

Guest Walter

Quote:

There is no way you can pin everything on a coach. The Hawks roster isn't half as talented as people make it out to be. The Hawks talent is overrated because of the athletes. When it comes to actual skills the Hawks players fall way short.

And this is the problem. First, we don't have any superstars and this is a league based upon them. Second, we lack too many important skill-sets. Thirdly, we still lack the center position.

And frankly, we will get worse this offseason (without a 1st rd pick, near luxury tax, and likely to lose JC) and many of the EC opposition will get better (cap space).

Our coaching certainly does not help us, but it's only about 1/3rd of the problem.

W

Yep, I definitely agree with you there. Our offense has looked better and better the more Bibby plays and our defense even looked pretty good last night against the best team in the league on their court. I hate that we lost last night but I am not going to freak out until we start losing games we are supposed to win. We come home tomorrow night and have a tough game against the Warriors but we should win that game. They will be motivated and they definitely match up well with us athletically but it's our home court and I think the players will show pride and get the winning streak started again.

Quote:

Lose games we supposed to win. I just want to ask... What teams are the Hawks supposed to beat?

I'd love to see a time where you posted anything relatively positive about the Hawks. Why do you come here and post anyway?

Do you know that you and about 4 others on here make people visit this forum LESS? All you guys do is complain.

WAAAAAAAH

Interestingly IMO...the Bibby trade could be the best trades we have made in at least a decade. A few things have to happen though. #1 - Mike Bibby has to get that heel healthy (no chronic sh...stuff). He has to be 100% healthy next year and pretty much stay that way. Then...Speedy has had his surgery and wants to come back and play. If he can do that and be full-speedy for 15-20 minutes, he will be a serious asset. We will be set at PG...FINALLY. Acie can be the "developer" and play some 1 and some 2.

Then we fire BK - (forgone conclusion IMHO) and get a GM willing to trade a 3 and whatever non-core players for a solid, athletic, 7 foot (albeit not an all-star type) center. How hard is that? We start the next season ready to go!

P.S. - If we could get into the playoofs this year it would be a big plus...I tend to doubt that it will happen though - but I'm onboard pulling for it to.