• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So nice having a real point guard!

d2v16DKG

Boy, is it nice having a real point guard. Something we haven't had since Mookie. Let's face it, without Bibby we would have lost this close game tonight. Not just his treys but a key pass to Al Horford. Joe Johnson was great also and notice he has played so much better since Bibby arrived. Also like Bibby on defense. Notice how he always gets a hand in the shooter's face. Only Chill and Bibby do that consistently. Our defense won this game in the last quarter! GO HAWKS!!! Hey, did I see the crowd give the Hawks a standing ovation!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike and Joe were golden in the fourth quarter. Mike Woodson actually coached well in the 4th. I like the timeout after Josh took the three. I like pulling Marvin out, when he couldn't check Turk. I like the play ran for Bibby to Horford right after the timeout.

Way to close a game out.

OG

• Premium Member

Quote:

Boy, is it nice having a real point guard. Something we haven't had since Mookie. Let's face it, without Bibby we would have lost this close game tonight. Not just his treys but a key pass to Al Horford. Joe Johnson was great also and notice he has played so much better since Bibby arrived. Also like Bibby on defense. Notice how he always gets a hand in the shooter's face. Only Chill and Bibby do that consistently. Our defense won this game in the last quarter! GO HAWKS!!! Hey, did I see the crowd give the Hawks a standing ovation!!

Bibby hasn't really wowed me since coming here... not saying he isn't a big improvement, because he is... but I have my doubts about his future as our PG.

Quote:

Bibby hasn't really wowed me since coming here... not saying he isn't a big improvement, because he is... but I have my doubts about his future as our PG.

Bibby makes too many dumb passes for me. Some of the worst passes i have seen from any Hawks pg this year have been from Bibby.

Yeah it's too bad that we don't have a capable backup Pointguard. When Acie came in the in the 3rd quarter the offense stalled, and Orlando started crepping back in the game. If Law had of came back in the game in the 4th we would have lost this game. Maybe we can convince the Kings to waive AJ the last week of the season so we could pick him up to help us out in the playoffs if we get there.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby makes too many dumb passes for me. Some of the worst passes i have seen from any Hawks pg this year have been from Bibby.

Both his passing and shooting are wildly inconsistent... at least he is capable of playing like a great Pg from time to time. shrug.gif

Quote:

...Bibby makes too many dumb passes for me. Some of the worst passes i have seen from any Hawks pg this year have been from Bibby.

C'mon ex...he makes some bad ones but...almost all of the BEST passes I've seen from a Hawks PG have come from Bibby also...in a fairly short time with a new team.

I'm not saying he is an all-star in the league - but he is considerably better - in one package - than what we had.

Quote:

Quote:

That's because our other point guards before Bibby didn't really pass at all. All they did was walk the ball up the court and hand it off or make the simplest passes imaginable.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's because our other point guards before Bibby didn't really pass at all. All they did was walk the ball up the court and hand it off or make the simplest passes imaginable.

They didn't throw passes to the bench or try to dribble the ball inbounds instead of passing. Bibby throws a lot of passes that, even if they are caught, lead the player right into trouble.

That alley oop he threw to Smith had no chance. Luckily Nelson fouled him.

His no look passes are getting on my nerves. The problem is that he looks away so far that he can't see the player even in his peripheral vision and then misses the mark by a mile.

Quote:

Yeah it's too bad that we don't have a capable backup Pointguard. When Acie came in the in the
3rd quarter
the offense stalled, and Orlando started crepping back in the game. .

LOL first of all Law didn't even play in the 3rd quarter. He didn't play in the entire second half.

he only played 4:22 in the second quarter. When he left the game Hawks were up 8. 4 minutes after Acie left Orlando took the lead. So how is that Acie's fault?

He was in the game the same time as Zaza, who finished 1-4 from the field with 4 turnovers. Enough said.

Acie never does anything. Woodsen had to play Bibby heavy minutes because Acie is incapable of running the team. At least ZaZa played Howard well even though he didn't do much on the offensive end.

Quote:

Acie never does anything. Woodsen had to play Bibby heavy minutes because Acie is incapable of running the team.

LOL that is just dumb. He is easily a better defender than Bibby and also can break down the defense better than Bibby. So far the Hawks are giving up 7 more ppg when Bibby plays. Bibby is basically a shooter who plays pg, and he hasn't been shooting that well.

The team has done better with Acie starting than with any other pg, including Bibby.

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708ATL2.HTM

Every time Acie has started getting his game going he has gotten hurt and missed time. But when he has started he has played well. The problem is that he frequently comes in off the bench and plays with guys who can't score.

why are you so against Bibby when you KNOW we are a better team with him...it's like you expect us to pull john stockton out of our butt....so he isnt perfect, so what...we're a much better team with him than without him....there is no doubt about that...he is better than what we had and we basically traded nothing to get him..win win..

nobody is saying he is chris paul....but what people are saying is that he makes this team better and is a good running mate with jj...so why continue to bash him when he improves us?

• Premium Member

Correct me if I'm wrong Ex, but weren't you the guy who loved T Lue so much when he was here? I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with T Lue, but Bibby gives us so much more. This trade may very well have propelled us into the playoffs this season. How can you not love that?

Quote:

why are you so against Bibby when you KNOW we are a better team with him.

Against bibby? I am just not sold on him. His passing and defense haven't impressed me and his shooting has been sporadic.

Of course we would be better with him because we gave up crap to get him. That isn't saying much.

It is irritating watching a veteran pg make passes that consistently make me cringe.

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong Ex, but weren't you the guy who loved T Lue so much when he was here?

I liked Lue a lot when the only other alternative was playing JJ at pg. This year was a different story. I was glad when Lue got shipped out.

What good does it do if he can't make a shot in the paint or doesn't pass it to an open guy? Bibby makes the defense play honest and Joe is thriving playing with him and if the cost of that is our defense being a little worse than so be it. As a team we look much better now than we did before the Bibby trade. Speaking of giving up more points per game, do you think that might have to do with having a weaker bench and Bibby being hurt most of his time here? Or do you honestly believe that swapping AJ/Lue for Bibby made us 7 points per game worse defensively? In 4 of our last 5 games we have been excellent defensively and that just happens to be when Bibby started showing signs of getting healthy. Also, how many more points per game are we scoring since the Bibby trade?

and what is your reaction when he throws a lob to Smoove for a dunk or makes an incredible pass that we haven't seen a Hawks PG make in forever? If all Bibby did was knock down shots and make incredible passes he wouldn't have been available. So what if he has some limitations when he makes everyone else on the court with him better?

Quote:

What good does it do if he can't make a shot in the paint or doesn't pass it to an open guy?

He frequently did pass to the open guy. Unfortunately that guy was frequently Zaza, Shelden, Lo or West.

Just because a rookie struggles to finish inside against much taller players doesn't mean he is doomed to that fate his whole career.

Quote:

Speaking of giving up more points per game, do you think that might have to do with having a weaker bench and Bibby being hurt most of his time here?

That may be and that is why i haven't been dogging Bibby much about his defense.

But being hurt is not a reason to make stupid passes, and that is what has been bugging me about him. His assist/turnover ratio wasnt very good in Sactown.

I don't believe Acie is doomed to the way he is playing now by any means but what he can do in the future doesn't earn him playing time right now. I fully believe he is our future at the point but right now he hurts the team because he hasn't shown the ability to knock down the outside shot and he has major issues finishing.

I agree that the stupid passes are mind boggling but I will take them if the alternative is losing them and losing the great passes.