• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What really loved movie do you really hate?

Plainview1981

Of late, it would have to be "Wedding Crashers". I'm a fan of Owen and Vince... and Walken is one of my favorites. But this movie absolutely sucked on so many levels.

Just one example: When Vince goes on about a stage 5 clinger or something. Just stupid. I guess they thought it was funny because of the #5? What about the first 4 stages? Hate to be this nerdy, but even in a comedy, you have to sell me. I never for one minute felt like these characters were real. The jokes were just too Vince and Owen cute for me. It was like some groupie was directing and thought every ad lib was so cute! Ugghh. And what about the crazy brother thing? Just over the top, B- movie device. I could go on, but it's a beautiful day... and that movie will suck forever.

Quote:

Dances w/ Wolves, Out of Africa, Chariots of Fire, English Patient

Not a fan of sweeping, epic love stories are we?

I love Redford, but Out of Africa is a tough one. you're bringing back a bad childhood memory. I saw it in the theater. It lasted, what seemed at the time to be, 4 hours or something. It was probably closer to 3, but you get the idea. No fun for a pre teen boy. Still haven't watched the whole thing as an adult.

Quote:

Everybody has to have atleast one. For me, it's Dances with Wolves.

God do I hate that movie. Why? Other than not being a Kevin Costner fan I have to say that this movie is just too
d@mn
cheesy! The dialogue, the characters... Everything. The best way to sum up this movie is simple and cheesy.

Good choice on that one.

How about anything from Merchant and Ivory (modernday Gilbert and Sullivan- russian.gif )

Clerks- I just didn't get that movie

Joel Schumaker films- he has ONE good film "Lost Boys" and that's it. He's an awful director.

Any movie that is marketed to adults and involves a child as a main character- those automatically suck.

• Moderators

Quote:

Any movie that is marketed to adults and involves a child as a main character- those automatically suck.

The Sixth Sense

Taxi Driver (not sure if you are counting 13-14 year olds)

Little Man Tate

The Shining

Stand By Me

Pan's Labyrinth

Quote:

Clerks- I just didn't get that movie

Bite your tongue for hating on any Kevin Smith movie (other than Jersey Girl).

As for me, how about I hate any movie by M. Knight other than the Sixth Sense. I'm sure I have plenty more that I can't stand but that's it off the top of my head right now.

Quote:

Quote:

The Sixth Sense

Little Man Tate

The Shining

Stand By Me

Pan's Labyrinth

Touche, those are good movies. You can also add Terminator 2.

How about for stinkers

Transporter II

Last Action Hero

Ah, I can't think of the rest (selective memmory)

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Sixth Sense

Little Man Tate

The Shining

Stand By Me

Pan's Labyrinth

Touche, those are good movies. You can also add Terminator 2.

How about for stinkers

Transporter II

Last Action Hero

Ah, I can't think of the rest (selective memmory)

There are plenty of stinkers. AI high among them. I just disagreed with the "automatic" part.

I lost my substantive response to the thread but my overrated category includes a number of "epics" like The English Patient, Shakespeare In Love, and others. I more recent one was 300. I don't really hate those movies, though. I just think they are overrated.

Movies that I really dislike that are widely enjoyed are usually bad blockbusters like Pearl Harbor, Armageddan, etc.