• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like we will be 3.5 up on the Nets now

Admin

• Premium Member

Quote:

They had a shot to beat the Sixers but they blew it late. Pretty good game and I am happy with the result since it gives us a little bit of breathing room.

It's tough to cheer for either of these teams.

I mean if Philly had lost and we win in Toronto, we would be 2 1/5 games back with the doubleheader coming up... A golden opportunity to sneak into the 7th seed.

Quote:

I thought it was 4 games??? Damn that sucks. Indy has Boston tomorrow so they should drop another game. If the Hawks can beat Indy next week they're probably done aswell.

Remember that teams start folding the tent now when there's nothing to gain, so Boston might not compete against Indy. Detroit isn't even activating Sheed, Chauncey and I think Hamilton against Minnesota tonight because they can't realistically catch Boston and Orlando can't realistically catch them. Boston would probably start resting their stars as well, if they're smart. That could mean games we think will be tough for NJ and Boston won't be.

One more loss for NJ and they are effectively out of competition.

Indiana is hot on our heels and they are starting to play as well as we are. We need to split the next 4 games just to keep the 8th seed, but winning 3 out of 4 would solidify our lead.

I would love a sweep vs. Philly, but I will take a split. The more critical games is vs. Indy. That is a game we need to win on the road to take the wind out of Indy's sails. Even if we loose the Indy game, I don't think it will be dissasterous, but it sure won't help.

Quote:

Quote:

They had a shot to beat the Sixers but they blew it late. Pretty good game and I am happy with the result since it gives us a little bit of breathing room.

I'm worried about Indy more than the Nets

Don't we own the tie-breaker over Indianapolis?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't we own the tie-breaker over Indianapolis?

The game on the 8th will determine that.

It's definitely between Atlanta and Indiana at this point. In fact, there's a good chance that a Hawks' win on the 8th will clinch things. A few things have to happen between now and then, but it's a distinct possibility.

We are 3 games up on the Pacers and 1-1 against them on the season, which doesn't seem right but unless I'm crazy I can only find 2 games that we have played against them this year. I thought we played them 3 times already. If we win that game against them it would pretty much lock up the 8th seed for us.

Dolfan, you are right. We have only played them twice according to the site below. We beat them by 12 the first time and got owned by 20 the next game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...awks/index.html

We should all be worried about the Pacers now that JO is back and focus on capturing the 7th seed. It looks like they get the Celtics tonight and we get the Raptors. Lets see if we can pull out a win.