• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please tell me why Roy Hibbert shouldn't be a Hawk

Joker

He a great post defender, man to man or weakside. Great passer, team player, great IQ, hard worker, just started playing ball at 16.

7'2 is his height, good strength on defense. good offensive player, doesn't like to force shot, can be too complacecent. Slow, Came in the wrong draft class which might be the strongest this decade or last for Centers.

He made VAST improvement from his sorry and stiff freshman days to defensive catalyst he is now-a-days.

Would fit the Hawks well, even better if we trade Josh Smith for future picks and some vets and sign Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle as the head coach.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he is lazy and average at best. I see him a lot being a Syracuse fan and he will never be more than a backup level big man in the NBA. No way in hell I would trade Josh Smith just to get the chance to draft him. He is just the next in a long line of run of the mill bigs who did alright in college but don't amount to anything in the NBA.

Quote:

Because he is lazy and average at best. I see him a lot being a Syracuse fan and he will never be more than a backup level big man in the NBA. No way in hell I would trade Josh Smith just to get the chance to draft him. He is just the next in a long line of run of the mill bigs who did alright in college but don't amount to anything in the NBA.

I am a huge Atlanta Hawk and G'Town fan. I am also more critical of both teams and their players. I will say that your wrong and that's being nice. I haven't seen anything from him that even says lazy, he does have stamina issues, but what 7'2 player doesn't.

Average at best, wow once again being nice I will say your wrong. He might come in a above average Center but that's still better then most of the league's Centers.

We can't trade Josh Smith for him cause for one Smith is a RFA, not to mention the money querrells. I think we should trade future 1st round picks.

We should trade Smith becuase I have heard that Josh will be sign for near max money and that's no bull$h*t either. The Hawks would be better off with Marvin cause Marvin is not getting anymore then 8 million per.

Cap restictions make it hard to do what you please.

By the way, he carried G'Town. He was are first option on offense and should never be a first option. He has received extremely high praise from Bob Knight who gave extremely high praise to a kid in 1983 from UNC, just to add. Without him, my Hoyas would suck in the Big East, hell Cuse had more talent then us. Hibbert is one of the best college Centers in this decade, second to only Oden.

I'm a Georgetown fan, and I can tell you that without a doubt, Roy Hibbert is a bum.

Hibbert is as soft as they come, and if he gets bullied and taken out of his game by 6'9", 225-pound college players with no NBA prospects, how do you think he'll match up against the big boys?

Hibbert watched a little too much Jeff Green in his college days, as he oftentimes disappears for long stretches (and even entire games), when he really should be straight-up dominating.

I would much rather have an undersized Al Horford at center than an adequately sized Hibbert, who plays with so little heart and aggression it's disgusting.

Quote:

Dolf you are all over the place with your allegiances
scratchchin.gif
. I agree though he reminds me of a less-athletic Diop with a slightly better post game, which is to say, an average NBA center.

Diop not even a bad Center, if anything he lazy with little B-ball IQ and bad tenciences that he constantly relies on. Diop is solid when in shape and not depressed. I don't even remotely see the comparisons.

The more I watched Hibbert the less he impresses me. He's slow to react, doesn't seem to stay in the game mentally, and I don't believe he has a high bb iq at all.

The suggestion to trade Josh Smith to get a shot at Hibbert is laughable. Smith may still make poor plays, but he makes a lot of good ones as well. Hibbert will just be a space eater on any team. My guess is that the guy will be a foul machine in the NBA. Hibbert's best season will look something like:

25 mpg, 3.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, .7 bpg along with committing an avg of 4 fouls.

Not that I ever put too much stock in your analysis, but you are so far off it's hard to believe you're a Hoya fan.

Hibbert may have carried the team once every 7 or 8 games, but he never carried that team for even a three-game stretch, let alone the entire season.

In Big East play, Hibbert averaged 6 rebounds a game. That smacks of lack of effort and/or ability.

Quote:

I'm a Georgetown fan, and I can tell you that without a doubt, Roy Hibbert is a bum.

Hibbert is as soft as they come, and if he gets bullied and taken out of his game by 6'9", 225-pound college players with no NBA prospects, how do you think he'll match up against the big boys?

Hibbert watched a little too much Jeff Green in his college days, as he oftentimes disappears for long stretches (and even entire games), when he really should be straight-up dominating.

I would much rather have an undersized Al Horford at center than an adequately sized Hibbert, who plays with so little heart and aggression it's disgusting.

If I ever disagree with Dolfan, I really disagree with you. Hibbert is soft, yea, I do agree with that... GUESS WHAT? Most players in the league in are, specially post players, ... who the hell carried us, Sapp, Summers, Freeman.... hell the f no, Hibbert did, we aren't even that good, we had too many defensive lapses and Hibbert had to pick up on our youthful bull$h*t with played too much. Offensively, he was our go to guy and in games we lost we had him setting picks like Horford on the perimeter. JTIII is about as dumb of a offensive coach as Woody, if levels were even of course.

Quote:

The more I watched Hibbert the less he impresses me. He's slow to react, doesn't seem to stay in the game mentally, and I don't believe he has a high bb iq at all.

The suggestion to trade Josh Smith to get a shot at Hibbert is laughable. Smith may still make poor plays, but he makes a lot of good ones as well. Hibbert will just be a space eater on any team. My guess is that the guy will be a foul machine in the NBA. Hibbert's best season will look something like:

25 mpg, 3.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, .7 bpg along with committing an avg of 4 fouls.

I never said trade Smith for Hibbert, that is laughable, not becuase of talent but becuase of Smith value being so high. Not only that, we can't trade Smith if after the NBA Draft anyway.

*Sighs* That bumbling idiot had the chance to go top five last year being the only true center behind Oden and now he won't even see the lotto.

I'm pretty sure we would have drafted him if he declared last season knowing BK so I give Hibbert credit for not declaring. Unless he can get more lean and rip, I don't see him being a starter in the league. Somebody should have given him the script of James Forrest back in 93-94.

Quote:

Not that I ever put too much stock in your analysis, but you are so far off it's hard to believe you're a Hoya fan.

Hibbert may have carried the team once every 7 or 8 games, but he never carried that team for even a three-game stretch, let alone the entire season.

In Big East play, Hibbert averaged 6 rebounds a game. That smacks of lack of effort and/or ability.

Sometimes, carrying a team isn't on the stat sheet. Sometimes it could be your presence, he was double teamed often in the post, when he was usually found the open man and when he wasn't did a post move or got ripped for taking a uncessary dribble which hurt him this season. His fouls normally came from someone not doing their jobs or getting tired. In college, it's a lot easier to get called for fouls in the post then in the NBA, so that will help him a lot.

He doesn't get beat often on defense, shows good timing on blocks, unathletic, not much explodsiviness, kinda like Mutombo except when DM came out he had great timing on blocks.

Can get tired too quick even for a 7'2 Center. Not a good rebounder, probably his most noticable weakness. Was extremely critical to G'Town success on offense and defense this season.

Quote:

*Sighs*
That bumbling idiot had the chance to go top five last year being the only true center behind Oden and now he won't even see the lotto.

I'm pretty sure we would have drafted him if he declared last season knowing BK so I give Hibbert credit for not declaring. Unless he can get more lean and rip, I don't see him being a starter in the league. Somebody should have given him the script of James Forrest back in 93-94.

This class is THE best Center class since I don't know, ever, so that hurt has him as well as not being dominant on offense, which people should never have expected out of Hibbert. To me he will be the Rudy Gay of this class. Remember if Rudy left a yr early he probably would have been Atlanta pick, but left a yr later and was selected 8th, and now look at him.

He a great team player with great indiviual skills, like Jeff Green. He did THE best thing, no doubt, he has improved so much from last year, it's not even funny. I didn't want this guy anywhere near Atlanta last year, this season he has improved in all of the areas I felt he needed to improve in. I have given scouting reports, none of you guys have gave anything really worth note. What more do I need to say.

Quote:

Quote:

If I ever disagree with Dolfan, I really disagree with you. Hibbert is soft, yea, I do agree with that... GUESS WHAT? Most players in the league in are, specially post players, ... who the hell carried us, Sapp, Summers, Freeman.... hell the f no, Hibbert did, we aren't even that good, we had too many defensive lapses and Hibbert had to pick up on our youthful bull$h*t with played too much. Offensively, he was our go to guy and in games we lost we had him setting picks like Horford on the perimeter. JTIII is about as dumb of a offensive coach as Woody, if levels were even of course.

Wow... the fact that you're a homer is clouding your analysis of players IMO. Get off Hibbert's ****, and you'll realize that you can find basically the same type of players in the developmental league or the free agency rather than wasting a draft pick on Hibbert. It's not like we have one anyways.

Quote:

Quote:

*Sighs*
That bumbling idiot had the chance to go top five last year being the only true center behind Oden and now he won't even see the lotto.

This class is THE best Center class since I don't know, ever,

What?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow... the fact that you're a homer is clouding your analysis of players IMO. Get off Hibbert's ****, and you'll realize that you can find basically the same type of players in the developmental league or the free agency rather than wasting a draft pick on Hibbert. It's not like we have one anyways.

I'm a homer, ok, I'm a homer...ok so how am I suppose to act, shook.... I'm not... I'm a realist, I don't have the time to be a homer. I call it how I see it, of course I'm more critical of some especially Josh Smith, but that stems on future decisions. As for what else you wrote, Idk, it was trash. It sounded like you just wanted to trash me, which is cool, but whatever.

I do agree the best Center class ever thing I siad was dumb, I meant this or last decade. I don't see this class of Centers topping some of the 80's classes for Centers. Maybe the 1992 class but that was just two Superstar Centers, the rest were bums.

• Moderators

Why shouldn't Hibbert be a Hawk?

There is no reason he shouldn't be a Hawk if we can get him for free. There is a good chance he will be similar to Brendan Haywood at the NBA level so he would be a positive addition to any team but probably best suited as an NBA backup.

We have no draft picks, though. That means we need to give something up to get him and the question is what we can give up that would get him. I would not trade anyone in the Bibby, Chill, JS, MW, JJ, AH, AL core of the team for him but other guys would be fair game for trade for him, IMO.