• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ray Allen has OCD..

AtLaS

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce..._secret/?page=1

Quote:

"I had a borderline case of OCD [obsessive compulsive disorder]," Allen explains. "I was never diagnosed, but it was something I was aware of."

This is how Ray Allen's mind works. If there is a speck of paper on the floor in his house, he cannot walk by without picking it up. He has tried. He has purposely marched up the stairs without correcting the glaring imperfection, but he's unable to eliminate the image from his mind until he goes back down, throws the scrap in the wastebasket, and restores order in his home.

He requires the same symmetry in his basketball universe. That's why, when Paul Pierce suddenly began doing 360 dunks in warm-ups earlier this season, Allen demanded an explanation.

"We were winning," Allen says. "Why would he change it up when we were winning?"

Quote:

"Stuff like that happens on teams all the time," Pierce insists. "Different personalities. But Ray's to blame. He's crazy. One night he gets on the plane and says, 'Paul, you're in the wrong seat.' I told him, 'Man, there's a hundred seats open. Leave me alone.' "

Quote:

One day, when he arrived at the arena, Allen's regular parking spot was occupied. The owner of the car was Antonio Daniels, who had recently latched on to the early-bird shooting.

"I walk in and say, 'Why are you parking in my spot?' " Allen says. "He is acting like he doesn't know what I am talking about.

"We are playing the Knicks that night. I think I had about 40 points, but I'm still mad. I'm at the free throw line and Daniels comes up to me and says, 'You need me to take that spot more often.' I hit the free throw, then turn to him and shout, 'You stay out of my spot!' "

Quote:

"If I had to stick to the exact same thing every day, I'd kill myself," Pierce says. "What happens if you go for your pregame meal and there's no more salmon in the freezer?

"I love Ray, but I don't get it. I'm not ever going to be at the free throw line saying, 'Damn, I didn't get my parking spot today.' "

Very good read, and there's a lot more if you read the whole article. Pretty interesting.

• Premium Member

If Ray Allen has OCD.. then that means that he is a highly ordered person. That means that schemes and sets must be perfect for him to be comfortable. Well, we're like the 1988 Philadelphia Eagles. It's like we're improvising plays.. drawing plays on the dirt... Making it up as we go along. That has to kill Allen's concentration.

Unfortunately, thus far, our improvising has not been effect as far as our own success is concerned.

Quote:

If Ray Allen has OCD.. then that means that he is a highly ordered person. That means that schemes and sets must be perfect for him to be comfortable. Well, we're like the 1988 Philadelphia Eagles. It's like we're improvising plays.. drawing plays on the dirt... Making it up as we go along. That has to kill Allen's concentration.

Unfortunately, thus far, our improvising has not been effect as far as our own success is concerned.

lol Ray might be on trial for murder if he played for Woody