• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about this thought!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Us Offer Reggie Miller the MCE.

He's a pretty good fit. He doesn't have to play 40 mpg, but in 20-25 mpg, he can come in and put up about 12/3/2. We need his solid shooting.

He'd also be a good model for Hansen. We can also play Diaw some at SG and SF.

• Admin

In this stage in his career why would he come to a team that has not made the playoffs in a long long time. He only has a couple years left.

If he does not resign with Indiana he will sign with a team that can potentially get him a championsip like Sac, SA, NJ, Dallas etc.

Seems rather pointless to sign an old man.This

accomplishes nothing.To mentioner Hansen??The

guy will be out of the league in two years.He shot

like 2-11 today.lol

If we could go out and spend our full MCE on a player, I can think of a LOT of guys I'd rather have than Reggie Miller. The Lakers got GP, Orlando looks like they will get Juwan Howard and Arenas appears to be heading back to GS for the MCE. I'd rather spend a portion of the MCE to go after Posey than to give it to Reggie Miller. Reggie might be solid for a year but even if he would come here, I don't think it would be the best move to make.

• Premium Member

He could be a starter here. Our team might not have made the playoffs, but we have lots of talent. He could be a leader here. Mainly because this is an opportunity to play and to be something. He's probably not going back to Indy and even if he did, would he be a meaningful part of the offense? It's a mixed bag for us and him.

• Premium Member

Posey is a guy who shoots 30% from three and only scores 10.8 points per.

Reggie in that same time, shot 36% from three and scored 12.8 points per.

But mainly, Reggie gives us Experience, Leadership, and an Identity. Those are three things we cannot get from guys like Posey.

And what does this do for us?

Better future?NO

Playoffs this year?NO

A ball handler?NO

Better defense?NO

This offers nothing but over the hill player giving him a

paycheck for 2 years and he will not help us move up a

level.

Stupid and pointless move.He's an old hasbeen.

ours. And he's already a leader there. He'd be a 3rd option here AT BEST (behind Reef and Dog) and maybe 4th depending on his health. In Indy, he's the 2nd option.

All that being said, Reggie would certainly make us better if he's healthy but for how long? The bottom line is that I'd rather spend the MCE (or a part of it) on Posey than Reggie because Posey has a long career ahead of him and he can do the things that we need (handle the ball and play D).