• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Chris Porter help this team??

Blunt91

With DJ being all but gone and if we can't resign Dion or Ira I wouldn't mind signing Chris Porter to a 1year deal.He can play either the 2guard or smallforward postion. He played collegiately at Auburn and he grew up in Abbeville Alabama a small town not to far from the GA line. He would bring the much needed athleticism to the team, his shooting needs work but he can work on that. I say we give him a chance.

Porter had a good line yesterday. He only played 8 minutes, but he scored 7 points, shot the ball well, got to the free throw line, and played strong defense.

Jaywalker72, who has seen the practices, says that Porter and Hansen are very strong defensive players out there.

When the Hawks made their 32-0 run yesterday against the Wizards, Porter was in the line up for most of it. The line up that played for most of that run was Tommy Adams, Travis Hansen, Chris Porter, Damon Thornton, and Elton Tyler.

I also think Benjamin had a good line, but I wonder when he got into the game. He had 9 points in 10 minutes, 3 of 6 shooting, 2 of 3 from the line, 1 of 1 from 3 point, 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 turnover.

Well Dimes4Life it takes some people longer to grow up than others, maybe he realize now that it takes more than talent alone to make it in the NBA. Like I said shooting can be improved with pratice, just ask Kevin Garnett.