• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is MW a tweener??

Kimsey

I was viewing a Bobcats board the other day and a few posters felt he could play PF for them. Being in North Carolina, they still have warm feelings for him.

To me he does have a very decent post game with moves but his strength is no where it needs to be.(ex. has had trouble backing down pg's)

At SF he simply doesn't have adequate enough foot speed at the defensive and offensive end IMO and not a threat from deep.

Would the 8th pick and a filler entice new management (possibly) enough to make the deal happen?

Where ever happens, it's going to be interesting how he performs in his contract year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I was viewing a Bobcats board the other day and a few posters felt he could play PF for them. Being in North Carolina, they still have warm feelings for him.

To me he does have a very decent post game with moves but his strength is no where it needs to be.(ex. has had trouble backing down pg's)

At SF he simply doesn't have adequate enough foot speed at the defensive and offensive end IMO and not a threat from deep.

Would the 8th pick and a filler entice new management (possibly) enough to make the deal happen?

Where ever happens, it's going to be interesting how he performs in his contract year.

Last night, I watch Powe "pull the chair" on clumsy Marvin and watched Clumsy Marvin fall to the floor.

In my opinion,Marvin is a small forward.He can guard the average small forward better than the average power forward. In todays NBA,there isn't much distinction from the two foward positions.If you are( 6"8"-6"9")230+,then most teams expect you to swing between pf-sf. The problem with that is there a small number of true power forwards who are 6 "10" 250 and a few small forwards who are 6"7" 220 that are high scorers that cause matchup problems.Marvin Williams moves his feet on defense(like a small forward) much better than he does with the ball in his hands.He also has some nice post moves and jump hooks (like a power forward)that he should going to more.

Quote:

Quote:

Last night, I watch Powe "pull the chair" on clumsy Marvin and watched Clumsy Marvin fall to the floor.

I guess you probably haven't seen all the times Marvin posted guys up and shot jump hooks on them (or turnaround fadeaways) for a score. If you did you certainly have kept quiet about it.

Quote:

I think Marvin is a true SF. Josh Smith on the other hand is the ultimate tweener in the league.

Smith is definitely a tweener, but I hate that word. Makes it seem like he has no place on the team. Wade is also a tweener but it doesn't matter.

Quote:

Quote:

i've seen the "chair get pulled" from under Shaq, Barkley, and even Jordan in his day. so what's the point of your post. playa?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i've seen the "chair get pulled" from under Shaq, Barkley, and even Jordan in his day. so what's the point of your post. playa?

The point is this:

Marvin is not a post up player. All those other guys you mentioned were exceptional post up players. Marvin can't post up. Marvin can't drive without running somebody over. And I thought buy mentioning it by name, the main problem is that he's ultra clumsy. No body control. I want to throw up everytime I see him put the ball on the floor and just plow over somebody. He used to get the call when he did that but now refs no longer feel sorry for him. Check out his hotzone? What about his hotzone says that he's a post up player? If anything they cry... Midrange shooter!

Marvin_Williams_HotZones.gif

• Moderators

He should become a post up player and a 4 though. For his sake. He's got size and a nice stroke from short and mid range. What's more likely that he can develop his driving ability and long range jumper or that he can polish a post game and become a poor man's Karl Malone?