Hope we get that lady ref again

adrian

I saw her blow the whistle twice on plays she was out of postion for. (I was there 4th row, so my angle was pretty good.) Both plays were out of bounds calls where she called it "Celtics ball." She could not even see the play and was over ruled both times to make it Hawks ball.

Quote:

word is she hates boston and she did give us a few calls

Eh, refs dont really "give" free calls per se because there is an EXTENSIVE refereeing evaluation they have to go through every game. They have to explain why the call was given, what made them do it, etc etc. They cant really afford to give out calls like that and keep their job for long.

Quote:

Quote:

word is she hates boston and she did give us a few calls

Eh, refs dont really "give" free calls per se because there is an EXTENSIVE refereeing evaluation they have to go through every game. They have to explain why the call was given, what made them do it, etc etc. They cant really afford to give out calls like that and keep their job for long.

With the same token, they can blow a silent whistle on some obvious calls (such as when Zaza went flying 7 feet and no one saw a thing). Calls can be given, ask Tim Donaghy and veteran flop-masters. With that said, we are given soft calls every now and then, but there's a distinct difference in what our opposition typically receives. Boston is constantly bailed out by ticky-tack calls that aren't given on the other end.

Quote:

Agreed. There is only one reason she is an NBA ref and it's not because she's good or tied to the mafia.
saythat.gif

I'm sure she is good at something...if you know what I mean...

I kid, I kid. But yeah, WAY too many touch fouls in all 3 games. They need to let that stuff go and let the action continue. They arent calling as many touch fouls in the other series I have noticed.

Quote:

Plastic_Man wrote:
There is only one reason she is an NBA ref and it's not because she's good or tied to the mafia.
saythat.gif

Quote:

TheTruth wrote:
I'm sure she is good at something...if you know what I mean...

These are extremely ignorant comments.

If you want to post that she missed certain calls then by all means please do. But why insinuate that she is only officiating in the NBA because she is female or because she is good at "sex". Are you threatened by a female in an authoritative position? Do you say the same thing regarding your mother or wife?

Quote:

JackB1 wrote:
That female ref was calling way too mnay touch fouls for a playoff game.

I hope the
guys
tonite let the boys play!

According to Coverwire.com Violet Palmer's crews in 2007 averaged 44.7 fouls per game. There were 27 male officials that called more fouls per game then her. So if you want the "guys" to "let the boys play" then it would be better for her to be officiating then Rush and McCutchen whom both average more fouls called per game then Violet Palmer.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, she has the lowest rating of any ref, or at least she did at one point. The implication is that she was an affirmative action hire. Kind of like the whole WNBA!