• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Hawks win tonight - - -

Gray Mule

A win for Atlanta tonight and things will indeed be tight.

Would you be suprised, should we win, to see one of our players "Accidently"

get hurt in our next game in Boston?

Not to imply that any of the Celtic players would play dirty, but flustration over

an upstart team with a losing regular season record daring to win more than

one game against their mighty championship bound all stars might do something

to their - - - - -

But first, we worry about tonight's game, then we will face whatever this round

of the playoffs throws at us.

GO HAWKS!!!

crash.gif

• Premium Member

We can do this. I just have that feeling. I was proud of the team's effort Saturday night and I was proud of the fans as well. We gave a new meaning to the words homecourt advantage. The team fed off of the crowd's energy that night and played some of the best basketball I've ever seen them play. The team already proved that they could beat ANY team on any given night earlier during the regular season, they just had to apply that mentality to the playoffs. They need to come out just as confident and energetic tonight. If we can send this thing back to Boston 2-2, you better believe that I'll be there Friday May 2nd! All I've heard about game 4 is that we should be afraid because we dared to anger the great Paul Pierce last Saturday. Screw him and screw anybody(media included) who thinks that we should back down in our own arena just because we are the "lowly" Atlanta Hawks. I fully expect our young guys to be up to the challenge. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love a win tonight. It would propel this team into the national spot light. I hope the Hawks players watched the Pistons/Sixers game yesterday. Philly got up early but then Detroit squashed them in the 2nd half. The Hawks cannot allow themselves to feel confident at any moment in the game. They have to hunker-down and just play the game on possession at a time.

Woodson, on the other hand, needs to keep rotating players in and out of the lineup to keep them fresh, esp for a 4th quarter that could be epic.

Woodson did change things up last game, kudos to him. But the minute Bibby starts stimking it up, Woody HAS to get Acie in there. Simple as that.

The Celtics are gonna play with double the intensity tonight. Those cats have to be incensed by our win. They will bring everything they have...the Hawks better not back down or get too confident if they grow a lead. And yeah, that Pistons game was a perfect example of what NOT to allow happen.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would love a win tonight. It would propel this team into the national spot light. I hope the Hawks players watched the Pistons/Sixers game yesterday. Philly got up early but then Detroit squashed them in the 2nd half. The Hawks cannot allow themselves to feel confident at any moment in the game. They have to hunker-down and just play the game on possession at a time.

Woodson, on the other hand, needs to keep rotating players in and out of the lineup to keep them fresh, esp for a 4th quarter that could be epic.

Great points. While I want them to not be intimidated, I don't want them to be over confident either. The Celtics are still a VERY good team and they will come out firing tonight. I like the "edge" they had last Saturday and I hope they keep that edge. Woodson was good to tell the young guys to just leave the refs alone before game 3. Arguing with the refs has caused more trouble for teams down the stretch than I can remember. That's one less obstacle to overcome when the game gets tight. That's possibly the reason why Horf didn't get a T when he got in Pierce's ear. That's also the reason we were able to get to the line as well. Here's hoping that continues tonight. Oh, and um GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

I think Acie could provide that "extra" spark tonite that the Celtics wouldn't be prepared for.

If Woodson was smart, he would start Acie and see if he can drive to the hole succesfully.

Bibby hasn't been scoring a lot and Acie could give us a lift.

I think Acie should get more clock because he can get to the hole at will. We have to get out and run run run. I watched the ESPN replay and they were talking about the "7 seconds or less" mentality we have adopted on offense. That's the only way we can beat these guys. I would like to see Law get at least 20 minutes tonite because i don't think the C's have an answer for his quickness.

KNOCK ON WOOD.

But seriously, the Hawks are going to have to come out prepared for tonight., because like a fellow member said, the Celtics are going to give their best shot tonight. If the Hawks can match (or exceed) their intensity level, they might have a shot at this.