• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Williams suspended for Game 5?

jross99

Just wanted to get some thoughts. Found this on boston.com/sports

Trouble for Perk?

Link|Comments (0) Posted by Greg Lee, Globe Staff April 28, 2008 09:52 PM

Video replays showed that Boston center Kendrick Perkins and Atlanta forward Marvin Williams both stepped slightly on the playing floor during an altercation that resulted in four technical fouls midway through the second quarter. The NBA could suspend Perkins and Williams for Game 5 on Wednesday in Boston for those actions.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just wanted to get some thoughts. Found this on boston.com/sports

Trouble for Perk?

Link|Comments (0) Posted by Greg Lee, Globe Staff April 28, 2008 09:52 PM

Video replays showed that Boston center Kendrick Perkins and Atlanta forward Marvin Williams both stepped slightly on the playing floor during an altercation that resulted in four technical fouls midway through the second quarter. The NBA could suspend Perkins and Williams for Game 5 on Wednesday in Boston for those actions.

Do it!!!

Glenn Davis fouls out in 1st qtr.

KG in Foul trouble for the 2nd and 3rd qtr.

Atlanta picks up win in Boston!

Al Horford puts up 22/15

As I just stated in another similar thread, I expect both of them to be suspended without second though by Stern. It will hurt the Celtics a HELL OF A LOT more than us missing Marvin. Chill will start in his place and Salim (and Acie to a lesser extent) will come in as the primary sub in his place.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

i think they'd miss perk badly...just my opinion though

I agree. Childress can replace Marvin fairly well, although he rarely plays two straight good games in a row...

So we are down to 6-7 players in the rotation?

I think they can decide on intent now but I remember a few years ago they let Richard Jefferson go onto the court (half way across the court) and didn't suspended him but they suspended Ron Artest when all he did was take two steps and then go sit back down.

I also remember in 95 they let Jermaine O'Neil move the ref out of the way (he clearly touched the ref) and then they suspended Walker for doing the same thing.

NBA can do what it wants I guess.

Whoever created this thread should change the subject or put a question mark on the end until it's confirmed... it hasn't happened yet so the title is incorrect.

I don't think they'll suspend just one player because they both were barely out of the bench area and if they use "intent" neither player should be suspended b/c clearly both intended to stay on the sidelines.

Still, with Stern the Proud in the stands (anyone see his look of disapproval during the melee?) I think he'll do it in a heartbeat, especially since they fined Pierce for the "3" he threw up the other night.

I agree this hurts them more than us... Woodie is forced to play Chill as much as he should and we should get more buckets at the basket. How fitting that the boneheaded Marvin would get himself suspended in such a way...

Quote:

Um. Amare last year. Barely came on the court and got suspended for the pivotal Game 5 or 6 whatever it was. It really impacted the way the series played out. The precedent has been set.

Exactly! Stern did NOT take intention into account for that incident. And since it was the most recent, I'm sure Stern will likely look to it as a precedent.

Quote:

Whoever created this thread should change the subject or put a question mark on the end until it's confirmed... it hasn't happened yet so the title is incorrect.

I don't think they'll suspend just one player because they both were barely out of the bench area and if they use "intent" neither player should be suspended b/c clearly both intended to stay on the sidelines. How fitting that the boneheaded Marvin would get himself suspended in such a way...

That's the thing. Perkins actually moved onto the court and was a good few steps onto the court with a coach next to him holding him back. Marvin just stood up off to bench to see what happened and part of one foot was on the court. I do not see how the two are comparable.

Does anyone have a youtube video to embed of Amare last year? He definitely did not have any intent. Stern said the rule was black and white if you step on the court u r suspended. And that was the best/second best player in a pivotal late series game that they purposely made an example out of.

Do not count on the league to do the rational thing.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think they'll suspend just one player because they both were barely out of the bench area and if they use "intent" neither player should be suspended b/c clearly both intended to stay on the sidelines. How fitting that the boneheaded Marvin would get himself suspended in such a way...

That's the thing. Perkins actually moved onto the court and was a good few steps onto the court with a coach next to him holding him back. Marvin just stood up off to bench to see what happened and part of one foot was on the court. I do not see how the two are comparable.

Duke, I think that argument is pointless. The precedent has already been set and intention wasn't taken into account then. We all know Marv wouldnt do anything (although if it was Smoove or Zaza...). but that didnt matter in the Amare brawl incident.

Amare's case wasnt even close to this one. He ran full speed on the to the court, got almost to half court before he was pulled back. Nothing close to what perkins or williams did today. He of course argued he was going to just pick up nash but could have just as easily been trying to go after horry which is my guess since he is a hothead.

Of course the issue remains the same, intent is not the rule, stepping on the court is so both should be out. Can only blame williams on this one, he just had to have a better view. Where were the assistant coaches on this. There job is to hold back all players.

Here's hoping to a garnett, perkins, and williams suspension. Ill take whatever help we can get.

saif

Quote:

Does anyone have a youtube video to embed of Amare last year? He definitely did not have any intent. Stern said the rule was black and white if you step on the court u r suspended. And that was the best/second best player in a pivotal late series game that they purposely made an example out of.

Do not count on the league to do the rational thing.