Tayshaun Prince/Billups for Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams and Horford

Atlanta would have the best starting 5 in the NBA

Billups

JJ

Prince

JS

Zaza?

Nope.

We love Horf. Horf is probably more valuable to the Hawks now than Smoove. Horf is already the leader of the team. No disrespect to Billups but his age is showing. No disrespect to Prince, but he doesn't provide enough.

Quote:

Quote:

Billups

JJ

Prince

JS

Zaza?

Nope.

We love Horf. Horf is probably more valuable to the Hawks now than Smoove. Horf is already the leader of the team. No disrespect to Billups but his age is showing. No disrespect to Prince, but he doesn't provide enough.

Would you do the trade with Josh Smith instead or Horford?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Billups

JJ

Prince

JS

Zaza?

Nope.

Again, Prince doesn't provide enough.

How about Billups for Bibby straight up?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Billups

JJ

Prince

JS

Zaza?

Nope.

Again, Prince doesn't provide enough.

How about Billups for Bibby straight up?

Prince doesn't provide enough? Are you kidding me!! He's one of the best SF in the NBA. He's just playing on a balanced detroit team who doesn't need him to put a monster numbers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Prince doesn't provide enough? Are you kidding me!! He's one of the best SF in the NBA. He's just playing on a balanced detroit team who doesn't need him to put a monster numbers.

If they called for him to, he couldn't turn that 13 ppg average into anything that rivals what we get from Smoove or what we will get from Horf.

How about Marvin/Bibby For Billups/Prince?

• Moderators

Quote:

That is the worst trade proposal ever. That would set detroit back 10 years. Marvin and Bibby are nbdl type players.

I think it is safe to say that we aren't interested in dealing a 22 year old stud forward for Billups' last few productive years or Prince - who is very good but a significant step down from Smith or Horford.

It sounds like we really wouldn't be a good match unless you were particularly excited about Marvin's potential or Childress' production.

This team's core is 22-26 years old and we don't want to give up parts of that core for guys who won't be at their peak when the rest of the team is.

Quote:

Quote:

That is the worst trade proposal ever. That would set detroit back 10 years. Marvin and Bibby are nbdl type players.

I think it is safe to say that we aren't interested in dealing a 22 year old stud forward for Billups' last few productive years or Prince - who is very good but a significant step down from Smith or Horford.

It sounds like we really wouldn't be a good match unless you were particularly excited about Marvin's potential or Childress' production.

This team's core is 22-26 years old and we don't want to give up parts of that core for guys who won't be at their peak when the rest of the team is.

You guys are overrating JS an underrating Prince. JS is a great athlete with average skills. His basketball IQ, ballhandling skills and jumpshot is way below average. If he would stop trying to play outside of his capabilites and develope a post game he'd be a top 15 player.

Prince is a more skilled player physically and mentally. He shoots better, pass better, handles the ball better and he plays smarter.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You guys are overrating JS an underrating Prince. JS is a great athlete with average skills. His basketball IQ, ballhandling skills and jumpshot is way below average. If he would stop trying to play outside of his capabilites and develope a post game he'd be a top 15 player.

Prince is a more skilled player physically and mentally. He shoots better, pass better, handles the ball better and he plays smarter.

Yet you would trade Prince in a heartbeat for Josh Smith and throw in Billups for Bibby to boot. I think that says it all doesn't it?

[seriously, I am a huge Prince fan and know what he brings to the table. His BBIQ is much higher than Josh Smith's and he is much more fundamentally sound but he is in a perfect role on the Pistons playing with a smart, veteran group of players that allow him to be complimentary in every respect. I love the guy and would easily rather have him in Atlanta at SF than anyone on our roster but Josh Smith and Al Horford are much rarer and more valuable commodities.]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First, I like Prince and Billups but those trades don't work for the Hawks. We are keeping the core of our forwards.

Second, I don't know if Prince puts up even the modest offensive numbers he does on any other team than Detroit, or one of the other top 4 teams in the NBA. Prince is the ultimate complementary player, but you can't have him carry a team. Childress is supposed to be our version of Prince, but Childress' shot prevents him from being on Prince's level.

At this point, I don't see a trade that works between Atl and Det.