• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would the Hawks take a pot smoker?

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we could trade Marvin for Josh Howard... Would you do it?

I would... but understand this....

Josh Howard and Marvin have twin games but Marvin has more "potential".

I just think Howard is a tougher player (mentally).

However, would his immaturity and pot smoking be a reason not to take him??

Sorry Diesel,

I can't agree. Marvin does not have more potential than Josh Howard.

3 years ago the scouts thought he had potential. MARVIN IS NOT TALENTED. HE IS AVERAGE. Yes that is meant to be shouting. He is uncordinated, not strong or quick. Where is the potential? He is just young, but I don't see him as having much potential.

I would make that trade in a second. Come on Pot? That is a minor offense in my book.

Hawk88

I don't know about the mentally tough label on Howard, he was playing downright scared and timid in the NO series. Making bad passes left and right, couldn't dribble, and couldn't hit ANYTHING. That said, I'd still probably do the deal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

honestly, i'd take marvin for anyone that can take a open jumpshot. Howard is twice the player Marvin is, but Dallas won't do that deal.

On the contrary. I think Cuban is unhappy with Howard. I think he will move Howard so that he doesn't have to pay Howard. Marvin becomes a RFA next season. Marvin's 2 looks a whole lot better than Howard's 4... at less money.

Glad you caught my sarcasm wink.gif

To seriously answer your question, I don't think pot smoking is an indicator of poor character at all. You'd have to look at the whole picture. Howard didn't go to UNLV, did he?

Are you joking about Howard Ball Handling and Defense compared to Marvins's..

Could Howard be worse than Marvin in ball handling and defense? Marvin plays stupid D and he handles the ball as well as I do.

I agree, Cuban will want some changes. Move Marvin for Howard. Howard has some enthusiasm in the games I have seen. Marvin just tries to act cool.

Hawk88

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm not looking at contract numbers right now, but I'd assume we'd have to throw in Speedy or Zaza to do this.

Howard is an upgrade over Marvin, but we should look to upgrade other positions before SF.

In the offseason, Howard becomes BYC2. We could trade Marvin for him straight up while JJ and JSmoove are not signed.

We have Bibby don't we.

You know "Team Dime" is passing the bong around. No grown adults would call themselves that, mush less tatoo it all over their bodies unless you stay REALLY STONED !

Didn't Robert Parrish, nickname "The Chief", get that nickname b/c he "chiefed" down a joint before games to calm his nerves. There was not much hydro in his day so he just had the light mellow stuff of the 80's. Thats what I "hear" any ways.

I got it ! That is why Bibby sucks it up in Boston but shoots better in the ATL. He is in the "zone" in the ATL, if ya' know what I mean. He can't take his stash with him to Boston....Too risky. Maybe Team Dime can fly some "attitude adjustment" in for him for game 7...LOL

On a serious note I don't want any part of Howard. Its not the pot smoking, its his priorities and immaturity. If you want to puff a joint in the off season, fine. However, being preoccupied and worried about your 28th birthday party on the same night as an elimination playoff game is immature for a high-schooler, much less a seasoned NBA vet. If he has not learned by now, then he never will.

Quote:

However, would his immaturity and pot smoking be a reason not to take him??

No everybody on Hawks roster smokes weed except Zaza. He is more hardcore(cocain,ex,heroin and etc.). He was on something when he went to eat KG alive.

Also Marvin is on period right now so i am not sure.

the pot-smoking matters exactly 0% to me....josh howard was a great player this year even if he smoked the harmless substance BEFORE the season started.....to be honest, you'd probably find that close to half the players probably smoke it some time or another during the offseason....he was just one that was honest about it....of course i wouldnt just walk into my bosses office and tell him i smoked, not too smart...

yes i'd trade marviin for him straight up no hesitations.

If there's anyone out there dumb enough to give us a player like Josh Howard in exchange for a player like Marvin Williams, I would do it without any second thoughts.

Though I would examine his luggage before we got the airport.

I don't like the way he played in the playoffs at all.It seems like his head wasn't in the game.

But, the thing i hate the most was that he was tuning out Avery Johnson.

Avery Johnson told the team "no partying" during the playoffs.

2 days later .. down 0-2 in the series with the Hornets, Josh Howard

starts handing out flyers for HIS PARTY in the locker room. fryingpan.gif

But, i will still trade Marvin for him .....