• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's give WOOD a HAND

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Our D was awesome from the 2nd quarter on really. After that awful 1st quarter we really slowed them down. Woody did a great job and JJ, man he has some HUGE brass ones.

Naw...

In the third quarter, we traded baskets with Boston and really made up no ground. We were both shooting 52% going into the 4th. In the 4th however, we applied a clamp!!!

We didn't have to make up ground, we just had to keep the game close. The 2nd and 4th quarters were our best but just being even with them in the 3rd is a HUGE success considering that has been our achilles heel all year.

I'll give him credit because we were badly outrebounded to start the game and made the right adjustments. This game was won on the glass. Limit the Celts to one and done and you can dictate the pace and beat them.

I'm still dubious about him returning as HC, though.

All week, people have been saying that he doesn't know how to motivate. Well, they looked pretty dang motivated to me! And like you said, I thought the defensive adjustments he made were right on. Even when they scored in the 3rd, it was more of a breakdown by the players than anything wrong with the scheme. GREAT job!

• Admin

he deserves credit for sure. He made a lineup change near the end of the 3rd that sparked us up. Gave us energy, we were hustling for balls, rebounds, everything. He brought that same unit to start the 4th and we rolled from there. Great freakin game man.

I've been all about dropping Woody ASAP, and I've always said I respect him more as a man than as a coach. But we can't praise these players for 3 good games despite the previous 82 without praising Woody for the same 3 games.

Well done, Wood...I still hope we can find someone better...but if you return I'll make myself buy in. You've earned at least that much.

I'm afraid Woody has earned an extension as well. He is pulling a Felton just like many on here have said. There are certainly better coaches out there but it is going to be hard to argue when they retain Woody. There is no way you can retain Woody and not Knight though. Can those two co-exist? If by some chance the ASG sides with Woody, extends him, and fires Knight, we are in trouble as a franchise.

No way should BK or Woody be fired.

You kidding me?

We have forced a Game 7 vs best team in the NBA with the youngest team in the post-season

Now if we follow such an effort with a sub .500 underachieving season. Then by all means, feel free to make the coach the scapegoat. But certainly not after this season

Sorry, Woody didn't motivate this team. The home crowd did.

I think Woody was bailed out that his poor substitutions actually worked out for him for once. Zaza and Marvin both REALLY stepped up their defensie efforts and both had really good games. But Acie Law really brought a lot of bounce to the team, they were +5 with just 5 minutes of playing time, and then never got back in. When Bibby was forcing jump shots early in the shot clock during the third and fourth quarters, Acie Law was cooling his heels. I would have loved to have seen him get back in.

We talk about Marvin Williams having a gret gream-well, we all saw him really doing some good work in the first half, but he scored his 18 points in only 29 minutes. Granted, he had to leave the fourth quarter 8 1/2 minutes left, but he still played only as much as Zaza. And Zaza also had a great game, but it wasn't a brilliant intuition that caused Woody to play him the entire second quarter-it was the fact that Horford had 2 fouls. If Al only fouls once in the first half, Zaza probably only play 4 minutes in this game.

In fact, it was foul trouble and injuries that forced Woody to use some different floor combinations. For a lot of the fourth quarter, Marvin was hurt and Josh Smith was sitting with foul trouble. We had Bibby, JJ, Chillz, Horford, and Zaza playing a lot of those minutes, and it was an effective floor combination. In the third quarter, we had some Bibby, JJ, Williams, Horford, Zaza. Just tell me this, how many times during the season did you actually season Al Horford and Zaza Pachulia on the floor together? I asked for it a lot of times, wanting us to go big, and to put Al into his more natural PF position, but I'm pretty sure that combo had less than 20 minutes in all 82 games.

And besides that, Al had to sit out the entire second quarter and still scored 16 points.

Sorry, still don't like Mike Woodson. His team did the work for him tonight.

• Premium Member

You can't fire the coach or GM after this series... Doing so would be retarded.

I have been ALL for firing both of these guys, but doing it now (or this offseason) would be absolutely moronic... What kind of message does it send to release two key figures in our organization after the biggest moment this franchise has had in 9 years???

You have to hope to build on the momentum that the effort from this series has caused and ADD pieces... The crowd is excited about the team, the players are responding... making a change as big as a coaching change is just absolutely unnecessary at the time being.

If next year we start underachieving again, (like we have done for 99% of the year) THEN you make the move.