• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How in the world are we going to win Game 7?

prolikewhoa

How do you think we can win that game? We've lost 3 games there by an average of over 20 points. We can't shoot worth a d-mn in their arena. Their double and triple teams on Johnson are obviously working to contain him. Ray Allen will continue to fly around screen and nail threes.

So, what do we do?

We need to come out and play like we did in game 3 - hyper-active, running and dunking.

Smith needs some plays at the beginning and throughout the game to get him truly involved - set him in the post against Garnett. And tell him to shot the ball when he is in mid-flight and that close to the rim. There is no reason for him to force a pass/turnover if he is in the air and wide open.

Bibby needs to be in the driving mindset like we saw in some of Game 6's fourth quarter. We need to be able to breakdown the defense to open up the perimeter.

Marvin has to play well in the first half. He needs to be ready to shoot those set shots he and Horford have been open for.

We must defend like we are at home. We have to force their shooters off the perimeter. I'm fine with KG getting 40. It will be a lot tougher game Paul and/or Allen start lighting us up from the outside. When you add Posey, Cassell, House, and T.Allen to the list of outside threats you can begin to understand why the perimeter is so important to defend.

If we are able to start the game like this then I believe it will be a smoother ride. It will still be tough but if we do those things and defend as well as we have at home, Joe should have a chance to go off again in the fourth and "stun the world".

Quote:

We need to come out and play like we did in game 3 - hyper-active, running and dunking.

Smith needs some plays at the beginning and throughout the game to get him truly involved - set him in the post against Garnett. And tell him to shot the ball when he is in mid-flight and that close to the rim. There is no reason for him to force a pass/turnover if he is in the air and wide open.

Bibby needs to be in the driving mindset like we saw in some of Game 6's fourth quarter. We need to be able to breakdown the defense to open up the perimeter.

Marvin has to play well in the first half. He needs to be ready to shoot those set shots he and Horford have been open for.

We must defend like we are at home. We have to force their shooters off the perimeter. I'm fine with KG getting 40. It will be a lot tougher game Paul and/or Allen start lighting us up from the outside. When you add Posey, Cassell, House, and T.Allen to the list of outside threats you can begin to understand why the perimeter is so important to defend.

If we are able to start the game like this then I believe it will be a smoother ride. It will still be tough but if we do those things and defend as well as we have at home, Joe should have a chance to go off again in the fourth and "stun the world".

Good post, but I wonder if Marv will even be healthy for Sunday's game? Either way, I think if we keep it close going into the 4th quarter and Boston is forced to play their ancient trio we have a real good chance to upset.

The Hawks need to be motivated hard and play like there's no tomorrow. The Celtics have had double digit lead in every game at some point (maybe except game 3)... but the Hawks only managed to comeback from those deficits only at home. They will probably have to comeback from another lead by Celtics on Sunday... will they able to do it? Rebounding will be the key.

The good thing is that I think we've seen all they've got in their bag of tricks. When they weren't doubling Johnson, he was lighting them up. Then they doubled him early and it worked for a game. So then we were prepared for it last night and got our spot up shooters (marvin) in position to score or either drive (horford). We have to be prepared for it again right from the start. We don't have much of a halfcourt offensive game so we HAVE to be prepared for that, it's all got to facilitate from Joe.

And as we all know we must run run run. And in order to do that successfully we MUST play good man defense. And even if we do not stop them, we must push the tempo even if they are back and we don't have numbers, we still must push push push.

I agree that we need to run these old farts out of the gym. I think the biggest key is to not fall behind, as dumb as that sounds. Our biggest ally will be the growing pressure on boston if the game stays close and they start to realize they might actually be getting eliminated.

it's pretty easy for me to figure out how we can win in Boston after seeing us lose there 3 times....

We KNOW they will be all over Joe again, so the other guys HAVE to step up. We will need 15-20 from Horford, Marvin and Chillz.

We must not fall behind early! Boston is next to impossible to catch at home when they get a lead. This cannot be stressed enough!

We must push the pace!

Smoove HAS to drive the ball and post up. If he decided to shoot jumpers, it will be a long

nite for us. The biggest key in this game to me, is Smoove.

Quote:

How do you think we can win that game? We've lost 3 games there by an average of over 20 points. We can't shoot worth a d-mn in their arena. Their double and triple teams on Johnson are obviously working to contain him. Ray Allen will continue to fly around screen and nail threes.

So, what do we do?

Maybe the early start will count for something.

I honestly can not envision us winning this game.

We are terrible on the road, they are amazing at home, the refs will probably intervene, and it just seems too good to be true.

I mean do you realize that if we won this game that the road to the NBA Finals would actually be possible?

I just can't see something that fortunate happening.

But in terms of Xs and Os and not just pessimism:

Basically we have to play perfect. What I mean by that is that we need at least 3/4 guys to be on their game.

Bibby has to be one of them. We need him to knock down shots.

JJ has to show up on the road.

Josh Smith has to play smart, stay out of foul trouble, and attack the basket instead of taking long jumpers.

Horford has to play like the ROTY.

Marvin/Chill have to contribute.

Most importantly limit turnover and get DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS

People are predicting Boston will fold but I honestly think we will get their best effort and the best effort to sabotage from the officials. We will have to basically play perfect basketball

Just from a storyline perspective I'd like to see an unsung hero. If Marvin is out what if Acie Law or even Salim plays a key role in a victory. Let's see Acie Law come in the game and give an AI/Devin Harris/Monta Ellis type performance. That would be awesome. Or perhaps Salim comes in and starts nailing 3's to the point we couldn't take him out of the game.

I'm not expecting this to happen but it would be a lot fo fun.