Where are all my Zaza, Chillz, Marv bashers??

Diesel

• Premium Member

These guys deserve some love.

They carried this team last night.

JJ didn't disappear, he was actually the catalyst.. but without these guys responding, all was lost!

Quote:

JJ didn't disappear, he was actually the catalyst.. but without these guys responding, all was lost!

Amen. I only fit in one category (Zaza), and he's come back alive in this series. Joe, Smith and Horford are good enough to be this team's "big 3". Even if Marvin doesn't fully live up to #2 pick expectations and Childress doesn't fully live up to #6 expectations, they can be "role" players that help this team become a contender. A role player on a contender is a much different thing than a role player on a lottery team.

My biggest concern now is whether or not Acie can grow into the all important role of floor general for this squad. I'm hopeful, but uncertain.

Complete team effort last night, beautiful thing to watch.

• Premium Member

Don't forget the Bibby bashers too. The guy seemed pretty energized last night. Forget the shooting percentage, the guy was a big reason we won last night. He forced the action out there a little, but I really think that it caught the Celtics off guard and forced them to account for him.

Quote:

Can I still hate Mike Woodson?

Did anyone else notice that after Zaza stood up to KG, a move which has really defined this series for the Hawks (and the Celtics) Woody dragged him off the court, which nearly resulted in Zaza carrying the fight over into a Woody/Zaza fight? He really told Zaza off for getting a technical. Our real leader, Al Horford, had his arm around Zaza and was talking to him before the pair of them started gesturing to the crowd to get up.

The was apparently a big confrontation between the two of them after Game 5, in which Woody fired at Zaza's failure to get a rebound in 11 minutes of playing time. Of course, there were plenty of places to vent his frustration for poor play, but he has never gotten along with Zaza and is quick to call him out. This was the game in which he pulled JJ out of a three point game for 9:25 in the second quarter because he picked up his second foul. JJ has one of the lowest foul rates of any NBA player-he FINISHED this game with 2 fouls. By the time JJ got back in, a three point game had become a 13 point game. Not that cost us the game because we were outscored by 12 points from just THAT point on, but when the coach turns around and puts the loss on Zaza he really needs to look in the mirror.

I love Chillz, and haven't exactly been a Zaza basher, but I really have been on Marvin's case toward the end of the year and during the playoffs. The game he had last night was crucial-we needed someone to finally score baskets off the double teams on Joe. He had a great game, and I have to give it to him for trying to come back in to play defense with a bum knee at the end of the game.

But I still can't help but find it questionable from Woody's perspective. Marvin tries hard, but he's an average defender when he is NOT hobbling around. KG went up and scored easily over Marvin, who didn't even jump up to contest the shot. He just couldn't get up on the spot. At first I thought it was just poor defense, but I saw some highlights of him really hobbling, and he might not play in game 7. We don't have a deep bench, but even we have better defensive options than using Marvin under those circumstance.

Diesel, your one of the main Marvin bashers, I will say this, your not as bad you were last season but still.

It was a great night for the Hawks so I am going to ignore the fact that Marv and Zaza had good nights and they are being made out to be hero's. Bottom line is we won, have shocked the world and Marv and Zaza have increased their trade value.

The Hawks have already made an incredible step into respectablity and have changed all their fortunes. I can come out of the closet as a Hawks fan and I thank Al Horford for providing the spark to ignight this team. He is the real deal and ultimate team player.

This is what sports is all about.

One time....

Hawk88

Here we go with another "bashing" thread. I'm sorry but that word is so politically loaded it turns me off whenever I hear it. I'm on cloud 9 with the rest of the Hawks fans with our play at home in this series but those that deserve, let's use a less loaded word, criticizing, will continue to receive criticism for the entirety of their resume, not just a few playoff games.