• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More on a Hawks plan...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's some worthwhile targets that are available or may be available.

1. Mike Miller. He's a lights out shooter. He can be plugged in at 2 and JJ moved to 3. Right now, I don't know if Marvin could get us MM. However, if the cost was Smoove, tell me how you like this uncomfortable trade: Smoove for MM and Memphis' 1st rounder this year. I'm sure that gets a big hell no from Memphis unless they are picking 3rd or worse.

2. Corey Maggette. He doesn't help our 3pt shooting directly, but he gives us a guy who can create for himself with his posting up ability. With that kind of ability, JJ becomes a better three point shooter. The question is how do you get Maggette. Well, I think you may be able to give up Chillz in a SNT as long as you inform Maggette that he will be extended next year. If Maggette drops his opt out and goes for the SNT, I think this would work for us. I think the leverage that we have is CM decides to opt out. At that point, LAC might not be able to keep him. For an uncomfortable trade aside from Chillz... There's always Bibby/Jones for Maggette/Mobley.

3. Joel Pryzibillia. I doubt this one highly. However, PTL has to get rid of a Center with Oden coming back. While I would love Aldridge, Pryzibillia is the odd man probably out.

4. Greg Oden. How would you feel about a Josh Smith for Greg Oden deal? What does PTL really lose here? They gain the best defensive force in the game. It's uncomfortable, but imagine us with a legit big and AL Horford.

Nah, I wouldn't trade SMoove.

If I did, I would have to be considering guys like Tyson Chandler or maybe even Noah (and a 1st).

5. Jason Kapono. I mentioned him earlier. I think Toronto is not as enthused about their most recent FA signing. I have always like Kapono. I think as a three point shooter, he's a good pickup. The question is what do we use to get him? Is he worth a Chillz or a Marvin?

1. Dunno, maybe, I haven't seen much of him to be honest except for a little USA basketball where he got crapola minutes.

2/3. Don't know

4. I don't see Portland trading Oden/Roy/Aldridge (how well did they do in that 06 draft, damn)

5. Good-ish, only for 3pointers basically, but I don't think we should give up even Marvin for him. Maybe Kapono and picks for Marvin

I'd love to somehow get Rudy Gay from Memphis, but I don't see them trading him since he'll be their future/current star.

I would trade Marvin for Mike Miller and two second round picks. Corey Maggette just doesn't seem like the player he used to be. He and Q Rich seemed to have much more upside early on than they are showing right now.

How high of a draft pick do you think Marvin could get us next season Diesel?

Quote:

I would trade Marvin for Mike Miller and two second round picks. Corey Maggette just doesn't seem like the player he used to be. He and Q Rich seemed to have much more upside early on than they are showing right now.

I'd take Mike Miller straight up for Marvin. Maggette is a baller. He is better than both Miller and Marvin. Corey needs to get out of LA.

Quote:

Nah, I wouldn't trade SMoove.

If I did, I would have to be considering guys like Tyson Chandler or maybe even Noah (and a 1st).

I'd trade smoove. After the game today I would have done it for a basket of roadkill - but I've calmed down a bit. I love him, but that kid REALLY needs some serious help. It will take a big name coach that Josh respects to get through to him. Another great example of why all players need to play some college ball. His value dropped a lot today.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'd take Mike Miller straight up for Marvin. Maggette is a baller. He is better than both Miller and Marvin. Corey needs to get out of LA.

IF Speedy retired and was a cap space (prolly impossible for next season).. I would be delighted to trade Marvin/cap space for Miller. These young guys on the board kill me. They are missing one crucial element in their postings.. research...

No disrespect to Zone, but if we traded Marvin for Miller... in the real world based on talent, we still owe Memphis. The only thing that makes it possible to trade Marvin for Miller straight up is Miller's contract. He's being paid much to much to be what he is. However, on our team, he'd definitely be a great 2nd option.

And Maggette. Maggette is a baller. He's as efficient as Chillz with JJ like numbers. I'm glad he's unhappy in LAC. I would love for us to get him. Even though he doesn't have a consistent three point shot, his scoring is the kind of scoring we needed in the post season.

Prysbilla is a very good rebounder and defender. Oden I feel was way over rated and injury prone coming out of college. Now that he missed a whole year due to injury trading for him at all is a role of the dice much less giving up SMOOVE for him. That would be insane.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Prysbilla is a very good rebounder and defender. Oden I feel was way over rated and injury prone coming out of college. Now that he missed a whole year due to injury trading for him at all is a role of the dice much less giving up SMOOVE for him. That would be insane.

I would do a Marvin for Oden trade like that!!

As I said in a previous post I like the idea of getting a guy like maggete. He may not be some one that can directly help in the 3pt category but I think his efficient scoring ability wen slashing will create wide open shots for JJ and bibby.

Guys like Bibby, Smoove, and JJ will be greatly benefitted by a slasher like Maggete. Maggete is one of the league leaders in free-throw attempts & free throw % and a guy like this can get teams in the bonus early and get Smoove to the line early & often. Which may encourage smith to stay away from the long jumpers and attack the rim, improving his shot selection.

Maggete will also cause teams to sag into the paint in fear of his relentless slashing ability creating shots for bibby and JJ. This can be key in bibbys revival as a stud in this league.

Get Maggete.