• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smith/Horford situation..

AtLaS

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I honestly don't get all the hype with that David Andersen guy.

Me either, I'm not expecting anything honestly. You can't put much hope in a guy that was drafted 6 years ago in the 2nd round.

You guys just like to complain. Go look at his stats in the euroleague. He shot 60 something percent from 3. If he can come anywhere near that (read: 40%) then he will be able to accomplish what we need from him.

One reason he went so low is because he didn't want to play in the NBA at that time, and was under contract in Europe.

No one is saying he's going to be a dominant post player, but he could easily help us out by forcing the other team's big man to guard him on the perimeter. That would allow Smith to play some small forward without having to take jumpers.

It's no lock that he will be able to do this, but I'd like to see how it works out.

I'm not complaining, I'm just not getting my hopes up over a 2nd round pick who was drafted 6 years ago. There have been tons of players that put up great stats in the Euro league. Hopefully he does play well, the 3pt% is intriguing.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me either, I'm not expecting anything honestly. You can't put much hope in a guy that was drafted 6 years ago in the 2nd round.

You guys just like to complain. Go look at his stats in the euroleague. He shot 60 something percent from 3. If he can come anywhere near that (read: 40%) then he will be able to accomplish what we need from him.

One reason he went so low is because he didn't want to play in the NBA at that time, and was under contract in Europe.

No one is saying he's going to be a dominant post player, but he could easily help us out by forcing the other team's big man to guard him on the perimeter. That would allow Smith to play some small forward without having to take jumpers.

It's no lock that he will be able to do this, but I'd like to see how it works out.

I'm not complaining, I'm just not getting my hopes up over a 2nd round pick who was drafted 6 years ago. There have been tons of players that put up great stats in the Euro league. Hopefully he does play well, the 3pt% is intriguing.

I just don't think he's going to cost that much, and it's worth it to find out if he can contribute in that manner.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not complaining, I'm just not getting my hopes up over a 2nd round pick who was drafted 6 years ago. There have been tons of players that put up great stats in the Euro league. Hopefully he does play well, the 3pt% is intriguing. exactly,these people actually seep to have hopes for the guy.I'm not expecting anything at all and I hear his name every year and he never comes over,he's just getting older.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not complaining, I'm just not getting my hopes up over a 2nd round pick who was drafted 6 years ago. There have been tons of players that put up great stats in the Euro league. Hopefully he does play well, the 3pt% is intriguing. exactly,these people actually seep to have hopes for the guy.I'm not expecting anything at all and I hear his name every year and he never comes over,he's just getting older.

I haven't followed the Hawks that long, so I haven't had time to become jaded with regard to him coming over. However, I don't see why you wouldn't want to take a chance on the guy. I can't see him being expensive, and he could play an important role for the team if he's able to knock down some outside shots.

Quote:

Quote:

Which one of these players was drafted in the second round when David Anderson was?

Carlos Boozer

Juan Carlos Navarro

Juis Scola

Dan Gadzuric

Roger Mason

All

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which one of these players was drafted in the second round when David Anderson was?

Carlos Boozer

Juan Carlos Navarro

Juis Scola

Dan Gadzuric

Roger Mason

All yup all...i was just about to post this

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Carlos Boozer

Juan Carlos Navarro

Juis Scola

Dan Gadzuric

Roger Mason

All

There are also 25 other 2nd rounders drafted each year that turn out to be nothing. All I said was that I wasn't expecting much from him. Does that mean I'm not hoping he does well? Of course not.

When Speedy returns next year am I expecting anything out of him? No way, but I hope he does well. I'm all for bringing David over, there's no reason not to, but that doesn't warrant high expectations.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Carlos Boozer

Juan Carlos Navarro

Juis Scola

Dan Gadzuric

Roger Mason

All

There are also 25 other 2nd rounders drafted each year that turn out to be nothing. All I said was that I wasn't expecting much from him. Does that mean I'm not hoping he does well? Of course not.

When Speedy returns next year am I expecting anything out of him? No way, but I hope he does well. I'm all for bringing David over, there's no reason not to, but that doesn't warrant high expectations.

We agree then. I will say I have higher expectations for Andersen than Speedy though. But that's not saying much.

Quote:

The "hype" is the "promise" of the a dude that is

1. A big

2. A big that isn't Zaza

3. A big that can shoot which this team desperately needs

4. A big that is battle tested

5. A big that compliments Al and JS perfectly. Al has to work on a more refined post game. JS has to develop his handle better. Particularly his right, more so than his jump shot IMO.

He could be our best big since Deke or even Joel Pryzbilla. The latter may not say much but we just need big bodies regardless.

I'm assuming the Euro 3 is more than 20 feet and he shot extremely well from there. Centers will have to respect his jumpshot and that should open up things better for the playmakers.

um he hasn't played a second in an NBA game.He is not battle tested.He's a rook.and being 7 feet doesn't make him being a big a good thing when he just shoots deep jumpshots like Yi.I expect Wang Zhizhi at the most.

He is playing against some of the best players in Europe and around the world and while that's not the NBA there are plenty of NBA talented players over there. Do you think Manu came to the NBA battle tested or like a rookie? That's exactly the same situation that Andersen will be coming from.

Quote:

4. A big that is battle tested

Wang ZhiZhi was "battle tested" and could shoot but that didn't matter. Being battle tested in Europe means nothing, Anderson will be a rookie.

Quote:

5. A big that compliments Al and JS perfectly. Al has to work on a more refined post game. JS has to develop his handle better. Particularly his right, more so than his jump shot IMO.

He could be our best big since Deke or even Joel Pryzbilla. The latter may not say much but we just need big bodies regardless.

I'm assuming the Euro 3 is more than 20 feet and he shot extremely well from there. Centers will have to respect his jumpshot and that should open up things better for the playmakers.

He might help more than Zaza but we don't know how soft he actually is and if he will bang inside or not. I'm also pretty sure he's only about 6'9, I don't think he's a center at all.

Quote:

I agree that he will probably help more than Zaza but we don't know how soft he actually is and if he will bang inside or not. I'm also pretty sure he's only about 6'9, I don't think he's a center at all.

Yea he doesnt really look 7 ft,but idk about 6'9

Wang ZhiZhi could have made it in the NBA but he wanted to go back to China but he's not the same type of player that Andersen is either. Andersen can score in the low post and Wang ZhiZhi was more of deep shooter.