• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How good is Joe Johnson?

Murat

Quote:

He spend so much energy early in the games fighting double and triple teamed and playing defense that he was burned out by the 4th quarter.

JJ saw double teams all year, no difference.

Quote:

and playing defense that he was burned out by the 4th quarter.

JJ wasn't playing D? JJ guards the best perimeter player EVERY game. He was guarding Pierce/Ray the entire series who BTW had worse averages during our series than they averaged during the regular season.

Quote:

Unlike JJ who was always in foul trouble in the 1st half committing dumb offensive fouls and silly my man beat me fouls. When your the offensive star you have to know that some fouls that you just have to let go.

Tmac played 1.9 more minutes per game in the playoffs than JJ, nice argument. JJ has been an iron man his entire career in minutes, so the fact that Tmac was "tired" (I don't buy that) gives JJ an advantage. But like I said, Tmac is better IMO but your arguments just don't make sense.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, just because your athletic doesnt mean that your talented or even good, take a look at gerald green. JJ has better handles, floor vision, passing abilities than vince. Vince needed j kidd and rj to take him to the playoffs. Joe did it by himself...

If joe were replaced with vc. We would be the ones out of the playoffs and new jersey would be the ones in...

First off Lebron is the best player in the nba as you can plug him in anywhere 1-4 and he would be a top 3 or best player in that posistion. in my mind joe needs to be more of a leader to be top 3. since where talking about shooting guards I figure I will add this to the conversation who else thinks d wade is close to being done after playing only 51 or so games two straght years its not looking good for him his whole game is based on throwing himself to the floor and getting the call and thats how he keeps getting hurt if he cant do that he is a mid level slashing guard

If JJ played for DEN in place of AI, I think they would have been a MUCH better team. Putting JJ on Kobe would have at least made Kobe work to get his. As things stand now, DEN had no answer for Kobe. JJ is not the scorer that AI is (not many are) but AI is a serious liability on the other end against elite SGs. His size (or lack thereof) forces guys like Anthony Carter to try to guard the other team's SG and that is one reason DEN's D is so poor.

Quote:

Lebron is not a SG.

Joe Johnson is a top 5 SG when he plays with heart.

What r u talking about? Joe plays with heart all the time. He just looks calm and doesn't show much emotions, but he is busting his ass of every game.

Joe has all the talent and ability in the world. He can score from anywhere on the floor with efficiency, his handles are as good as anyone's, he has one of the best floaters, solid defender, great size...he just doesn't drive the basketball enough. Doesn't help that we don't really have anyone to take pressure off of him consistently.

There's no shame in being behind guys like Wade and T-Mac.

Quote:

What r u talking about? Joe plays with heart all the time. He just looks calm and doesn't show much emotions, but he is busting his ass of every game.

Well what I really mean is I wish he would attack the basket more often.

Also you have to admit Joe is passive out there sometimes

I expect so much out of him not because of his contract, but because of how talented he is. He really is a top 5 SG talent out there

Quote:

Quote:

I expect so much out of him not because of his contract.

You think he is overpaid?