• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirk Hinrich will be on the market!

Brotha2ThaNite

Gooden is one of my favorite players and I would definitely be in favor of that trade, but I would rather do the first trade since Solo proved in the playoffs that he can play in this league when given minutes and I would much rather be able to dump Speedy's contract.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Bibby/Jones -for- Hinrich/Gooden???

That is seriously wishful thinking.

Remember than Duhon is a UFA and Gordon is probably gone. They can't just give away their scoring.

Now that i think about it even if they do decide to trade hinrich they can probably get a better deal than anything we can offers since we won't be giving up Smith or Horford.

Quote:

Just because the Kings had other players who can handle the ball doesn't take away from his ability to handle the ball. He was able to beat people off the dribble plenty this year so I'm not sure what you are talking about and that's even with the heel injury. He's not a TJ Ford type of blow by you PG but he was able to get into the paint quite often.

Yeah Bibby did throw some crazy passes but if you look at his stats on 82games.com he was significantly better at protecting the ball than Hinrich was so he must have really been throwing a lot of crazy passes.

Hughes could actually be productive for us next year and then the following year he will be tradeable whereas Speedy probably won't do anything but ride the pine again next year. Hughes is drastically overpaid but he is the biggest reason why Chicago was able to get their running game going last year because he plays passing lanes and is an excellent defender.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Hughes. Dude is making a ton of money and hasn't done squat.

Bibby didnt do anything with the ball. he was like AJ. AJ didn't make turnovers but he didn't create offense either. He was much better than Bibby at taking care of the ball but he didn't handle it that much either.

JJ did the heavy lifting in the half court.

How do you think bibby's numbers would look on 82games.com if he really had to play the 2 next to someone like Acie and had to guard guys like Wade and JJ?

In 15 of their 28 (54%) games WITH Hughes the Bulls scored above 100 points.

In 20 of their 54 (37%) games WITHOUT Hughes the Bulls scored above 100 points.

That's why I say their offense got a lot better with Hughes because he plays passing lanes, plays good defense, and runs the floor. He is vastly overpaid but I would rather overpay for Hughes/Hinrich than overpay for Speedy/Bibby since Speedy probably won't even play.

Actually, if the Bulls do take Rose, a Bibby/Speedy for Hinrich/Hughes deal makes a ton of sense. Bibby's deal is up after this year, and Sefalosha can play the point as well. If Speedy ever comes back, it's a plus. And Speedy's contract only has 2 years left. Hinrich has a long term contract that would hinder them from getting into Wade/LeBron sweepstakes in 2010. this just clears out a ton of cap room for them, while giving Rose a one year mentor that they could in turn move at the trade deadline for a legit big. This would also allow them to sign both Deng and Gordon if they so chose to, with just a one year luxury tax hit for Bibby instead of multiple years for Hinrich/Hughes. From a salary cap / financial standpoint, this is probably a much better fit than Beasley.

Also, I've heard that they really like Gooden at the 4, so I'm just not sold that they go for Beasley.

Hinrich is a mid level NBA starter, he is worth about the same as Childress around the league (as much as you would deny that). If the Bulls were wanting out of his contract early they would gladly take Bibby who makes them better offensively and worse defensively and close to a wash compared to Hinrich but they are out of his contract by the trading deadline or worst case end of the season.

If we could have gotten Calderon for Childress we could definitely get Hinrich for him as Calderon is a better PG than Hinrich.

Quote:

In 15 of their 28 (54%) games WITH Hughes the Bulls scored above 100 points.

In 20 of their 54 (37%) games WITHOUT Hughes the Bulls scored above 100 points.

That's why I say their offense got a lot better with Hughes because he plays passing lanes, plays good defense, and runs the floor. He is vastly overpaid but I would rather overpay for Hughes/Hinrich than overpay for Speedy/Bibby since Speedy probably won't even play.

I just can't see them trading both hinrich and hughes while getting so little in return. I also can't see paying Hughes $25 million over 2 years considering he couldn't shoot over 40% for the Cavs or the Bulls and averaged only 12 ppg.

Hughes defense is nothing to brag about either.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07CHI4D.HTM

Frankly the more i think about it the more i think a deal with the Bulls just isn't feasible. I think we have a better chance of making something happen with the bucks because they need a 3.

Ugh. Heinrich is an undersized combo guard (not a true PG) who plays good defense (I personally think his D is a bit overrated) and is only truly effective when he's making his shots at a high clip, something he's really only done one season in his career (06-07). He had an off year last year and I think he's an upgrade over Bibby, but I don't think we're ready to relegate Acie to permanent backup status just yet, and his contract has four more years on it and is way too high for what he showed last year...

Also Larry Hughes and that ridiculous salary is one of the most untradeable players in the NBA... he was only acquired because Ben Wallace's contract is slightly more ridiculous. The last thing we need is an enormous contract at a position already filled by a superior player, forcing us to move that player out of position (JJ is a SG, not SF).

Quote:

Bibby blows

Bibby isn't good as he used to be, but he doesn't "blow" at all. He averaged 14 and 6.5 for us and shot 37% from 3. Yeah he sucks at defense but he doesn't "blow". Rondo was a terrible matchup for him. Billups struggled bigtime with him tonight and didn't do well against him in the season either.

That being said, I'd probably rather have Hinrich than Bibby but I've never been a Hinrich fan, he's not a true PG either.

Quote:

Hinrich is a mid level NBA starter, he is worth about the same as Childress around the league (as much as you would deny that). If the Bulls were wanting out of his contract early they would gladly take Bibby who makes them better offensively and worse defensively and close to a wash compared to Hinrich but they are out of his contract by the trading deadline or worst case end of the season.

If we could have gotten Calderon for Childress we could definitely get Hinrich for him as Calderon is a better PG than Hinrich.

HAHAHAHA let me know when Childress gets an invite to try out for Team USA. If they do trade him they will get more than an expirer in return.

I certainly don't see how Bibby makes them better on offense.

Quote:

Just because the Kings had other players who can handle the ball doesn't take away from his ability to handle the ball. He was able to beat people off the dribble plenty this year so I'm not sure what you are talking about and that's even with the heel injury. He's not a TJ Ford type of blow by you PG but he was able to get into the paint quite often.

Yeah Bibby did throw some crazy passes but if you look at his stats on 82games.com he was significantly better at protecting the ball than Hinrich was so he must have really been throwing a lot of crazy passes.

Hughes could actually be productive for us next year and then the following year he will be tradeable whereas Speedy probably won't do anything but ride the pine again next year. Hughes is drastically overpaid but he is the biggest reason why Chicago was able to get their running game going last year because he plays passing lanes and is an excellent defender.

Ugh, Hughes? He is downright terrible, makes way too much money and is injury prone. Getting Hughes would absolutely kill us. He's nowhere near where he was a few years ago, it's insane how quick he has fallen off.

Just a little info -

Hinrich is most definitely not a slow it down PG, thats actually a weakness. He tends to dribble the air out of the ball in the half-court.

Its also not a given that we would look to trade Hinrich if we draft Rose - Hinrich/Rose backcourt would be excellent defensively, and Hinrich can play SG pretty well. Gordon might be the one who walks away.

Hinrichs contract is very reasonable - as it decreases every year, he got most of his money upfront.

Rose looks very much like a Paxson type pick. Quality player and person who is a winner and went deep into the tournament. The Bulls like Gooden quite a bit, and a PG like Rose who can get into the lane will make Thomas and Noah 10x better.

I think Beasley has too many character issues, and if he measures out at 6'7" theres no way he is the #1 pick.

Quote:

Just a little info -

Hinrich is most definitely not a slow it down PG, thats actually a weakness. He tends to dribble the air out of the ball in the half-court.

Its also not a given that we would look to trade Hinrich if we draft Rose - Hinrich/Rose backcourt would be excellent defensively, and Hinrich can play SG pretty well. Gordon might be the one who walks away.

Hinrichs contract is very reasonable - as it decreases every year, he got most of his money upfront.

Rose looks very much like a Paxson type pick. Quality player and person who is a winner and went deep into the tournament. The Bulls like Gooden quite a bit, and a PG like Rose who can get into the lane will make Thomas and Noah 10x better.

I think Beasley has too many character issues, and if he measures out at 6'7" theres no way he is the #1 pick.

So, would you be interested in Bibby? IMO Kirk is a better fit for the Hawks than Bibby due to Kirk's ability to play defense and play high-pick and rolls with JJ. Bibby, however, doesn't work for the Bulls if you guys keep Gordon as a starter.

A healthy Mike Bibby is better than Kirk Hinrich. IMHO Also when you say Rose is the " truth" what exactly are you expecting from him? I only saw him play in a few tourney games and I certainly dont see him as a guy who will come in and take over the league right away. He has a shyyt load of potential but I think its far fetched to say he will dominate in his 1st couple years.

Quote:

I would definitely consider that trade since it would get us out of Speedy's contract. It would allow us to move Marvin for a young player or lotto pick since JJ could slide to the 3.

I didn't realize that his contract was declining and you are right he will only be making around 8 million in 2011-2012. At that rate we probably could keep both he and Acie.

Why do the Hawks need a younger player than Marvin? The Hawks need veterans.

Quote:

There is no way Childress is as valuable as Hinrich. And there is no chance in the world that the Hawks could get Calderon for Childress.