• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who you cheering for now?

who do you want to win the nba finals 08 now the hawks are out ?

I wanted celtics to win, if we didnt beat them but i dont like this team 08 anymore lol so i was going for hornets but they out so now its LA but i dont care if they win or not.

Well, as a Celtics fan I obviously wants the celtics to win it all. But realistically I think the Lakers are, right now, far and away the favorites to win the title. I do think the celtics have superior talent on the court, specially with Allen getting out of the funk he was in. But Doc Rivers is an awful coach, and Phil Jackson is simply the best there is right now. Heck, even flip saunders is proving too much for him.

Game 2 against the Pistons I was almost screaming at the TV: game tied, Pistons adjust their defense and start crowding the lane and denying KG and PP, daring the rest of the team to beat them. How does Doc adjust? He goes with a line up that includes tony allen (fewest minutes played in the playoffs), rondo (J was off, was passing at every opportunity), Perkins. The Pistons d leaves them alone, smothers PP and KG and the celtics only score 4 points in the second half of the second quarter, and a tied game turns into a 7 point deficit at the half. He did something similar against the cavs in game 6, playing them well for three quarters and then putting out a horrendous line up with players who had not played a minute in the game, and then watched as the cavs pulled away...

I've wanted the Celtics to LOSE! I've actually been rooting for the Lakers ever since the playoffs started (behind my rooting for the Hawks ofcourse) because of how much I want Kobe to win a championship without Shaq. I have a great deal of respect for Kobe and the mature role that he's taken on in Los Angeles. Other than that, I wanted the Hornets to get as far as they could too since I hate 99.99% of the Boston fans (including the Bandwagoners since most likely half of them are bandwagon fans). I also kind of find the Spurs fans annoying and quite on the braggy side.

In the 2nd round I was pulling for the Hornets and Jazz.

Now a Celtics and Lakers finals would be fun and best for the league. However, I am still rooting for the Spurs to beat LA. I like Popovich, Duncan, and Ginobli approach the game more then Kobe.

It will alwayse be hard for to root for Kobe. I have never been a guy to jump on the superstar of the league's band wagon after they have already won it all multiple times. ( I alwayse wanted Sloan, Stockton and Malone to beat Jordan there at the end of their careers after Jordan already had a slew of rings. )

So, I'm rooting for the Celtics to get a ring !

Quote:

I am probably the only one rooting for the Spurs. I like Duncan's approach to the game and admire the way that franchise is run.

I want a Spurs v. Celtics final. Tough call on who I want to win - Spurs for being the model franchise or the Celtics for at least having the guts to make a championship run.

I am probably leaning towards the Celtics so that the Hawks can say they lost to the best.