• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My early offseason hope...

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we bring back Woody...

This is my hope.

I hope we get an experienced GM like John Garbriel or Billy King.

I hope the new GM hire:

Del Harris = Top Assistants.

I hope that we resign Smoove = 5 yr 58.5 Million.

I hope that we resign Chillz = 5 yr 38 Million.

I hope that we resign Salim = 3 year 8.1 Million.

I hope that we sign Primoz Brezec for 2 years 3.8 million.

And we wait unitl Dec to consider more trades.

Quote:

This is my hope.

I hope the new GM hire:

I could live with all of that.

Especailly the no trade until the allstar break part.

Agree with your points on the GM, Del Harris(or another offensive minded AC), Smoove and Chilllz. Don't want to resign Salim though. Not that I dislike him in fact it is the opposite. I would love to see the kid go to a situation where the coaching staff uses him correctly. He isn't a true PG and needs to be used to score the ball. Maybe the Suns, Mavericks or the kings could use him. That being said if Brian Shaw were brought in and installed the triangle offense then I would want to keep him. I think he could be a Paxson, Kerr, Fisher type of player. Brezec doesn't intrigue me at all. If he were to be brought in that would be ZaZa, Anderson, and now Brezec. Who is going to rebound out of these guys? I would rather have a goon type player like Diop, Elson or Benga. Either of them paired with Anderson could do well. The trade question is a tricky one. I think if the right one came this off season they should pull the trigger. I would hate for possible trade bait to have a horrible first half and their stock drop tremendously.

Quote:

This is my hope.

We can only hope!

I hope the new GM hire:

Why would he want to come here to such a screwed franchise. I'd love to have him.

Great!

Another good move.

Can't see this since we never played him before. Although I wish we would've

Love this for some muscle inside.

OK

I wouldn't be upset with all that except for the resigning Salim part. I'd rather go after Chris Duhon than a player like Salim. He really doesn't have a role on this team, because when he comes in the game as a "shooter" he doesn't hit shots. His ball-handling skills are OK, but he's court vision is NOT. He will never be a PG in this league, and if someone gives him PT, I see him being a Eddie House type player at best.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Agree with your points on the GM, Del Harris(or another offensive minded AC), Smoove and Chilllz. Don't want to resign Salim though. Not that I dislike him in fact it is the opposite. I would love to see the kid go to a situation where the coaching staff uses him correctly. He isn't a true PG and needs to be used to score the ball. Maybe the Suns, Mavericks or the kings could use him. That being said if Brian Shaw were brought in and installed the triangle offense then I would want to keep him. I think he could be a Paxson, Kerr, Fisher type of player. Brezec doesn't intrigue me at all. If he were to be brought in that would be ZaZa, Anderson, and now Brezec. Who is going to rebound out of these guys? I would rather have a goon type player like Diop, Elson or Benga. Either of them paired with Anderson could do well. The trade question is a tricky one. I think if the right one came this off season they should pull the trigger. I would hate for possible trade bait to have a horrible first half and their stock drop tremendously.

About Salim.

Actually, I think an excellent Model for Salim is Bibby. Bibby is a shoot first, no Conscious PG who has learned how to pass some. Law on the other hand will be a drive and dish guy. I think having Salim on the bench will give us a little bit of a difference after Bibby is traded.

About Brezec. I think Brezec is a good pickup. I think too much is made of Diop and MBenga. MBenga has not made an impact at all. Diop made an impact in Dallas but he's going to want too much money. Brezec is a guy capable of being very usuable. Plus we have Andersen coming in!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why would he want to come here to such a screwed franchise. I'd love to have him.

Well, first off, he could establish his offensive beliefs. Secondly, he will be the new head coach in waiting. Del Harris likes working with young guys. He could probably mold our Hawks. If we got Harris, I think it would be a good move because he could ride out the last temptation of Woody and be in line to take over as Head coach when Woody gets the axe.

Quote:

Quote:

About Salim.

Actually, I think an excellent Model for Salim is Bibby. Bibby is a shoot first, no Conscious PG who has learned how to pass some. Law on the other hand will be a drive and dish guy. I think having Salim on the bench will give us a little bit of a difference after Bibby is traded.

About Brezec. I think Brezec is a good pickup. I think too much is made of Diop and MBenga. MBenga has not made an impact at all. Diop made an impact in Dallas but he's going to want too much money. Brezec is a guy capable of being very usuable. Plus we have Andersen coming in!

I think Salim can be a good role player somewhere just not here. In your scenario you had Woody comin back thats why I said it would be best if he went elsewhere. I just don't believe in Woody enough for him to use his starters in the right way let alone Salim. How do you think he would do in a triangle offense?

Your last line about Anderson coming is exactly why I don't want Brezec. If i'm not mistaken Anderson wasn't a double figure rebounder in Russia and Brezec or ZaZa is known for rebounding or defense. I just think those three are to soft off the bench and some muscle needs to be added for defense and rebounding. Maybe we can trade ZaZa for a second and get Dorsey. I could live with Anderson and Dorsey off the bench.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm I was Salim, i would tell my agent to get me out of Atlanta, if Woody is the Coach.

There is no furture for Salim here.Woody doesn't know how to use him.

If I was Salim's agent, I would tell him to sign that 3 year 8.1 M offer before it go pulled from the table. I don't think he is going to get that much from anyone else.

• Moderators

Quote:

2.7 is ridiculous?

You do understand that he would start off making 2.45 million?

That's not a lot. Especially when you're talking BU PG who can nail the three.

I think that is a ton for a guy with his performance record. He is going to be incredibly lucky if he gets a contract averaging 2M, IMO.

He has not been able to earn consistent minutes on the worst PG team in the league while he has been in the NBA. I just don't see it happening.

I would agree with all of that.

I don't think Salim has gotten a consistant chance from Woody. He gets a few games here and a few games there. I believe he could be a more than a solid bench player if given the chance. I remember Van Gundy saying that he could be a great asset for a team while watching the playoffs this year. If I remember correctly he said that Salim would be one of the best shooters in the league if given steady mins.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

2.7 is ridiculous?

I think that is a ton for a guy with his performance record. He is going to be incredibly lucky if he gets a contract averaging 2M, IMO.

He has not been able to earn consistent minutes on the worst PG team in the league while he has been in the NBA. I just don't see it happening.

He has not been able to earn PT on a team with 4 PGs...

Neither has Law.

However, that doesn't mean that he's not a good player to have on the books at just over 2 million.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2.7 is ridiculous?

He has not been able to earn PT on a team with 4 PGs...

Neither has Law.

However, that doesn't mean that he's not a good player to have on the books at just over 2 million.

The best PG he has competed with for time prior to the last 30 or so games of this season was Anthony Johnson. We will see, but I am predicting he gets a contract averaging less than $2M per year. A gunner who shoots 40% from the floor won't get a significant contract, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Salim is going to shine when he gets more minutes.

That may be the case, but I don't imagine he will get the chance to do it while earning over $2M/year on his next contract.